Glenallen Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 667 students

Posted August 3, 2013

This school is horrible!!! It has to be one of the worst schools I have ever had dealings with. The teachers and staff do not take any accountability for their short comings and pass everything off to the parents. If I had known this school was this bad, I would have never bought a house in this school district. I am so glad my kids do not attend at this school anymore.

Posted August 1, 2013

Glenallan is a great school. My kids have been going there for a few years. The teachers are wonderful, the principal is great and the curriculum is top notch. This coming school year, the students will be attending school in their brand new building which provides bigger and better teaching areas as well as more sports activities.

Posted July 2, 2012

Hum The principal provides lip service. The vice principal is rude. The office staff follow thier lead. I find them arrogant, unhelpful and please do not send your disabled child to this school what a nightmare her it might ruin thier tests scores and thier time doing nothing. I am glad i pulled my son out before it ruined his life. Please do something the kids need you

Posted April 12, 2011

. All I can say is if you have the option to put your child into a different school in North Port I strongly suggest you do so. I really dislike this school. My child is in third grade and is given more homework than my 6th grader. In my opinion there is no reason a child should spend hours at school learning and doing work just to come home with 5 different assignments to complete literally everyday but Friday. I was told even if I follow their rules, sign in, and get my visitors sticker that I am not ALLOWED to pick my son up from class during dismissal. Which I think is insane, a parent has every right to retrive their child at anytime unless that parent has been proven to be a threat and I have never done anything even remotely close. The majority of the school admin acts as if they know what is best for your child even when you are trying to address an issue and then when it back fires they move slowly to resolve it. These are just a few of the things I've personaly found wrong with this school and I'll be glad when I no longer have to deal with them.

Posted August 29, 2010

Glenallen is a great school! Administration and staff are focused on helping children excel academically, socially and emotionally.

Posted July 10, 2007

I am very pleased with the teachers and admin. They have been very helpful with my child's special needs. I would recomend this school.

Posted June 26, 2007

I'm pleased with Glenallen. I've taught at the school for many years, and my own children have attended Glenallen. Our teachers and staff are caring, dedicated, and creative. Our new principal, Amy Baker, is a plus. She is a dedicated, supportive, and strong leader whom students and staff like and admire. Under her positive leadership, Glenallen will thrive. There are many extracurricular activities at Glenallen. Monday is reading night in the media. The holiday performance was incredible. Our spring fling in May was the best one yet. There was a lot of involvement by staff, students, and parents. Students put on an incredible talent show. It really brought the school community together. Our new cafeteria is beautiful. After the old cafeteria building is renovated, I think the community will be impressed with the new office and classrooms.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 20, 2007

I think that Glen Allen- has a lot of issues- when it comes to our child attending here. We have been very disappointed in the way we get a response from the staff here.The staff in the office aren't very helpful, and we have never seen the pricipal here. Our daughter cannot stand the school.Yet- she is an honor student here- and can't seem to feel comfortable, here. We will be moving shortly, though- so she won't have to attend 2nd grade here.Thank God!

Posted July 10, 2006

For this area, Glenallen is an average school. The teachers are so busy with problem students that academically this school struggles. However, there are some wonderful teachers here.

Posted November 6, 2005

I am interested in finding out more information about this school

Posted October 27, 2005

I am pleased with what Glenallen has done to help children reach their potential. Mrs Chapman's class ( 3rd grade) is an example of this. She is an extra special person and a great teacher.

Posted September 21, 2005

North Port's oldest and wisest school! Great teacher/administration interaction, two music and art teachers, three computer labs and supportive Booster Club.

Posted May 27, 2005

Nice staff. Comfortable school. Loads of crazy kids, but down to earth. The principal is pretty good. Parent involvement is good. It's a good school. We moved into a neighboring district and our daughter left this school to be with the neighbor kids. It was a tough decision. As a parent, I was extremely comfortable with my child here. It's diverse enough, scholastic enough, just very well rounded.

Posted May 27, 2005

solid school! not too fancy not too adrift from the modern world. just a good fit for an all american kid.

Posted March 30, 2005

My children attend Glenallen, one in third grade and one in fifth. Overall I'm pleased with the school, the behavior specialist is outstanding. North Port has all good schools, I'm very impressed with Sarasota County Schools overall.

Posted November 15, 2004

I think so far this school is good. The teachers are great with the students. I like how informed they keep you about your child and what they are doing.

Posted August 9, 2004

My son has been at this school since the kindergarten, fortunately for us we only have a few months till we move from this area. We have had nothing but problems with this school since my son started, we have had luck with staff that is no longer there, makes you wonder why they can't keep the same staff year after year and why they have to keep replacing the teachers every year? This year is no different than any other year though again we have problems, no accountability.

Posted April 21, 2004

This school is a good one. I was a student here and feel I was given a great education that has helped me throughout life. Thanks staff of Glenallen. I was here when you were North Port Elementary, great to see you've grown with the city!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 14, 2004

This is my child's second year at Glenallen. I had the chance to send him to another school, but chose to keep him at Glenallen due to the excellence I have seen at the school. He is a gifted child and they have taken him and opened him up. Discipline I have seen first hand fits the crime and their staff treats you exceptonal. I feel as though my child is meeting his maximum potential and I feel he is safe when I send him to school.

Posted February 13, 2004

Glenallen Elementary School is lacking in too many areas to list. It is a good school until you need something. Teachers take no accountibility and never admit mistakes. We only have one more year left at this school and can't wait until its over. Try Toledo Blade if you can transport your child. I regret my choice to enroll my child here.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

107 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

109 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

106 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

107 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

106 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

90 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. AMY ARCHER
Fax number
  • (941) 423-8131

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now