North Port, FL

Lamarque Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2014
This is my son's first year at this school. Overall it is a pretty good school. He did have a bullying situation and after me keeping him out for 3 days, they did what I asked (moved him into another class. His new teacher Mrs. Braun is excellent. She has had nothing but good things to say about my son. Thank you Mrs. Braun.

Posted February 06, 2014
I had my son in this school for less then 2 weeks and pulled him out at quickly as I could. We moved into this school zone after he was in another North Port Elementary school where he thrived. We took him back there. The administration with this school NEVER returned multiple phone calls and I had to call the school board to get any response. He went from Advanced Work class at his old school to an average class where the teacher didn't acknowledge him or the work he was being given....it was at a level an entire YEAR behind where he already was. We move a lot. He has been to several schools in his 10 years of life. This school was BY FAR the WORST school he has attended. Compile that with the mysterious odors and illnesses the students and staff have been experiencing with this the building....RUN AWAY from this school. The entire school needs to be shut down.

Posted November 25, 2013
My son is in 5th grade and has been there since kindergarten. He absolutely loves it. He was supposed to go to another school this year but he refused to leave Lamarque so I drive him back and forth every day. He was being bullied in class and i sent an email to his teacher over the weekend. I got a response from her by Sunday and the issue was taken care of on Monday. I was very impressed. In reading some of these negative posts I wonder if it is even the same school. My daughter also graduated from Lamarque and when she goes by the school the principal still remembers her by name. She is now in 8th grade. I would highly recommend this school to any one. The communication with teachers is amazing. I have always had the teachers email and have used it often. Kids are encouraged to do their best and are rewarded for a job well done.

Posted August 06, 2013
Having had an ESE student attend this school I can attest to the fact that the school is ill prepared to deal with these kids. The leadership rules from a position of power and the staff is generally afraid of her. The ESE staff attempts to follow the IEP but gets lost in the demands of the principal and looses focus. If you have a average child probably OK but if your child needs special services or help its best if you move on and save your child and yourself much grief.

Posted July 30, 2013
I have personally attended this school and it was by far the WORSE school I have EVER gone to. I'm now a Freshman at NPHS and just thinking about my two years at Lamarque makes me so angry. In third and fourth grade I was bullied constantly and did any teacher do anything about it? No, they let them get away with it. Because of lack of punishment to those who tormented me, they believe that they can still bully me to this day. I get bullied by the same kids who bullied me in 3rd and 4th grade. Also I was treated by the teachers as though it was my fault I was getting bullied and my teacher once actually dragged me out of the classroom while poking her long nails into my arm, leaving marks. Also the guidance that was there when I was there (They might have changed it by now) acted like there was something wrong with me and was fully aware of the bullying and did nothing. It actually got so bad that after my fourth year I decided that I wanted to change schools. It makes me sick to my stomach to think my siblings will attend this school. It's terrible and if you want your child to have a good elementary experience DO NOT SEND THEM HERE. -Former Student

Posted July 23, 2012
i feel Lamarque is one of the better schools in North Port , this will be our 5th year thier. Yes some of the staff needs attitude adjustments. but your not going to ike everyone all the time you meet them. Im trying to fight to keep my daughter in Lamarque

Posted May 25, 2012
This was my daughter's first (and last) year at LaMarque. Being the new kid in school, she was bullied constantly (which the uniforms are supposed to prevent) and no one did anything about it. They sent her to the clinic for EVERYTHING. From a scratch to an itchy eye. I was constantly getting calls from the extremely rude school nurse to come pick her up because she had "pink eye". I don't think the nurse is an actual nurse because if she were she would know that there are more symptoms to pink eye than just a little redness (it was allergies every time she got sent home btw). Anyways, back on the topic, my child did not receive any attention and she felt completely lost in the crowd. This subsequently reflected on her report card as well. Subjects they were learning IN CLASS and had no homework for she was getting Ds on tests. The principal is never there and is not the nicest person to deal with either. My daughter has had the worst year of her life in that school and you can bet she will not be returning next year.

Posted August 09, 2011
My daughter attended Lamarque during her kindergarten year. This is by far the WORST school in North Port. My daughter was excited to ride the bus to and from school. On her first day she rode the bus to school and I met her there to walk her to class. After school I drove to the school to make sure she got on the correct bus. The staff was rude and said I could not do that and the best thing to do was to wait at her bus stop. Lamarque is 20 minutes from my home. I gave the staff her bus letter and they tried to put her on the wrong bus and she told them she wouldn't ride that bus. They called me to come pick her up. Her teacher sent her to lunch with her snack for the first two weeks and the cafeteria staff would not let her go through the line to get lunch because she had a lunch box. She ate a yogurt and juice box for lunch. Not to mention the fact that they have school uniforms. I'm sorry but uniforms do not prevent all the bullying, fighting, teasing, and click groups that they tell you it prevents. The only thing that it prevents is individuality. We live in America people the home of individuality.

Posted March 10, 2011
I pulled both my children out of this school after several problems with the staff and the school behavioral specialist. Both my children went from getting "a"s and "b"s at their old school to being told by their teachers that they would be held back a grade at this school. When I spoke with the teachers I was treated like I was the problem. I had multiple problems with bullying on the bus, and when I tried to turn in the bully to the behavioral specialist, even after this bully had beaten up a younger classmate, I was told it was none of my business and later I found out this bully had been assigned the job of bus monitor and would be responsible for handing out referrals on the bus. Needless to say my children were the ones now getting referrals. When I spoke again to the behavioral specialist he told me that my 7 year old son was going to be suspended from riding the bus for two days because he threw a crayon on the bus and that would not be tolerated. This school is by far the worst school I have ever had the displeasure of having to deal with. And if I am forced to live in a trailer, to be in the district of a better school, then that is what I will do.

Posted November 03, 2010
I love this School. I find it that they are interested in the individual childs success. It's easy for my kids to get the help they need being that the class rooms are not over crowded like most schools tend to be. Love the school. wish it was around when i was young.

Lamarque Elementary School
3415 Lamarque Avenue, North Port, FL  34286
Last modified Lamarque Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lamarque Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top