Ocala, FL

Maplewood Elementary School 4

Posted September 28, 2012
My Grandaughter has entered a contest DANNON Contest for a chance to win $30,000.00 for a playgraound makeover called RallyForRecess.com She is hoping that the teachers and student will also enter to win by purchasing Danimals Smoothies and enter codes from carton for a chance to win this contest for her school. She loves the school and her teachers and it shows, she is doing very well at this school.

Posted May 13, 2010
Maplewood Elementary is a incrediably caring school. The staff will go above expectations for the children. They care first for the kids and will do all that is necessary to help them improve.

Posted May 12, 2010
The staff goes beyaond what is normally expected of educators. They are my childrens second set of parents. I will always be greatful to them.

Posted May 12, 2010
The school is definitely deeply involved in the quality education of children and puts the needs of the children first. Bravo!

Posted March 17, 2009

Posted December 13, 2008
We absolutely love this school. Our involvement has been in the ESE classes since our son is on the autism spectrum. He really struggled at another area school last year, but Maplewood's specific curriculum has made a world of difference for him. He is talking to us now! We have only ever been thrilled with the staff and teachers who have worked with him. Bless you all!

Posted November 12, 2008
I am not Impressed with this elementary school at all. I had just moved in from another school district and my child was placed there because of their special needs. Their special needs program is literally a joke to me. The administration is Immature and act as if they are running a military boot camp or something. My Child went there for a short time and I could see a regression in her education. I would not recommend this school to anyone! I am really disappointed that this is actually what is offered here in ocala as special education, seems more like a daycare w/ no curriculum...

Maplewood Elementary School 1

Posted June 16, 2008
The Marion County School System is broken and always has been. Maplewood is no better. The prinicple that is there now, has no clue what is going on and treats that parents like children. He has been reported more than once with that type of mentality towards the parents. the school is definitely run politically and militaristic. If i wanted my child to be in the military i would have sent my child to military school. You can not trest these children in a military fashion. Some of the children that attend this school have not only physcially disabilities but also emotional disabilities. Alot of these new teachers can not handle these types of children and would perfer to write out referrels for not following directions (my son received 2) then to sit down and find out what the child does /does not understand.

Posted February 27, 2008

Posted January 13, 2008
Great School, Great Teachers....only wish they had more programs for kids (etc. Christmas, Plays)

Maplewood Elementary School
4751 Southeast 24th Street, Ocala, FL  34471
Last modified Maplewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maplewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top