Ocala, FL

Posted August 15, 2013
I couldn't disagree more with the people that say it's all about the "A" rating/students! My daughter just finished 5th grade there and my son is starting 1st, they love the school and so do I! Every student matters there (my kids are the "B" to "C" "Average" students). They staff is great, teachers communicate well, field trips are educational, just an amazing school! Perhaps the half A*$ parents are the ones that have issues with this school.

Posted June 05, 2013
I felt the need to say a few more words. I have had the pleasure of meeting my daughters art teacher Mrs. Allie Wright and she has been such a great art teacher ever. She is so full of energy at all times morning noon or afternoon. My daughter is always talking about how much fun Mrs. Wright is. It has come to the end of the year tomorrow being the last day and I have to say I never had my daughter talk about how much fun art class was and how she is sad that she wont have the same art teacher next year. Mr. Wright is just simply awsome and I thank her for keeping my daughter so interested in your class. Thanks for always having a smile on your face and bringing my daughter to the car at the car line almost everyday. Its refreshing to see such a pleasant face and attitude everyday.

Posted December 31, 2012
Hello, im a past student from Ward-Highlands, and i must say that this is one of the best schools you can put your child in. I went there from kindergarten to 5th grade, and the school helped me so much with my knowledge of today. i still keep in touch with this school and my past teachers, and the new pricipal is one that actually cares what happens in this school. Im not saying its perfect, there is of course, a teacher or two that you may not agree with, but the is expected in every school. In 3rd grade i struggled greatly in math. and soon after my teacher left for the rest of the year because of family issues. i felt like i missed a year of learning but my old 2nd grade teacher helped me and in fourth grade i was an all A student. They actually care whats going on and you can make connections with them. The whole time while i was there i also did not hear a single curse word ever mentioned on the campus. If your child ever falls behind, just know that there are teachers in that school willing to help them up. i honestly think this is the best education choice for your children. Thank you for hearing my part.

Ward-Highlands Elementary School 2

Posted August 11, 2010
While the new principal (thank goodness) is making strides, I still find this school to be focused on the "model A grade student". If you're child is average, earning C's, B's and an A or two, they are not made to feel successful. There is such a focus on "A's" and perfection that it takes away from the personal gains that individual children make. I would like to see some improvement in this area, as well, with exception to 1 female PE teacher who is great, the others and cafeteria staff are horrible. I witnessed "screaming" at children by PE staff as children came into the cafeteria. The prison comment in another post has some familiarity to it. Lighten up and put some fun back into elementary education and since when is "average" something to feel bad about? Bill Gates was an "average" student!!

Posted February 17, 2009
Ward Highlands is a child based school. They think about the children first. I would refer any child here.

Posted May 30, 2008

Ward-Highlands Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2008
we have 2 kids in this school for the 2nd year. 1 has child has ADHD with a 504 plan and the other is being tested for gifted. I have never encountered such politics, rudness and indifference to the children as I have in this school from the principal, to the guidance counselors and certain teachers. The more you advocate for your children the more the administration dislikes you. Overall the admin. is very condesening to the parents, and the school is run like a prison not an elementary school. I am hoping to get my children into a charter school next year where the true concern is the children and not the 'A' or 'B' rating of the school!! It is very apparent that the rating is more important to this school than the children. We think this school stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 27, 2008
I have found this school to be the best ones my child has attended in Marion County. The principal and staff have always been so polite and helpful to me and my child.

Posted February 27, 2008

Ward-Highlands Elementary School 0

Posted February 02, 2008
my child has been attending ward highland elem. for about two years now, i really like the fourth grade teachers. the principle, she gets on my nerve now and again. one minute she's nice and the next she's mean. she talk down to the parents sometimes and i don't like that. i hope one day she would realize how she put people down.

Ward-Highlands Elementary School
537 Southeast 36th Avenue, Ocala, FL  34471
Last modified Ward-Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ward-Highlands Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top