Wyomina Park Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 654 students

Posted November 6, 2013

Very anti-parent. I've had a teacher call my kid stupid here. The fourth and fifth grade teaching "teams" are a joke. It's simply a way to be more effective at bullying parents. If you value being involved with your child's education, do not ever bring your children here.

Posted May 16, 2012

I have a grandson who attends Wyomina Park Elementary and am very pleased with this school. Good caring teachers for our children. Wyomina Park Elementary ROCKS!

Posted August 16, 2011

The staff is very friendly. They have some great activities like muffins with mom around mother's day. AND If you have a EBC child... emotional/behavior child ... Mrs. Preston is the best!!!

Posted October 21, 2010

The kids get out at 2:05 I waited out front for my kids just like I always do. At 2:10 I started worring because my daughter hasn't shown up yet.I asked the staff where's my kid they look at me like I was nothing.no one knew what to do then they told me I had to call the police they where not responsable after the last bell rings.They treated me like I did something wrong and where very stuck up.

Posted March 16, 2010

I moved here two years ago from another city here in the state of Florida. Me and my kids knew noone here and were nervous about starting a new school. I saw in 6 month a huge difference in my kids academic level their grades went up and the teachers really cared to give them that extra help to get them to grade level. My daughter was in 5th grade last year and I saw the teachers have tears in their eyes when their student said goodbye I know that they put their heart in soul into helping my daughter and others to do they're best. Me and my kids know walk down the hall and are stopped many times to say hi I am glad Me and my kids now have friends at Wyomina Park. Kelly

Posted September 30, 2009

They are one of most highly thought of schools in Ocala. Their principal and many of the teachers have been there for several years. They are an A school in the state, in spite of being the primary school of the Salvation Army's homeless children the school consistently tests high. There is a good mix of children from all socioeconomic classes. The school is one of the most stable in Ocala. I live around the corner from the school, and it is a joy to see how many parents walk children to the school daily. it is straight from the fifties, clean and cute to boot. It is a pleasure to live in the neighborhood of such an institution of learning,where the children always seem happy and glad to be there

Posted June 26, 2007

My daughter has attended Wyomina for the past two years. I do agree with the former reviews that the office staff are at best stand-offish. I have tried for the past two years to be involved and have hit a brickwall every time I try. I know that their is little parent participation but those who would like to be involved should not be punished for the majority. While most of the teachers and the administration really do care about the students and the test scores are great, they do need to overhaul their website and their PTO. /

Posted October 2, 2006

We moved from a county that the schools were exceptional. I have found Wyomina to be middle ground. Although my child has been fortunate to have had three very good teachers, I also find this school to be anti-parent so I am unable to say much more about its quality. I have found the office staff to be exceptionally rude from day one!

Posted August 15, 2006

I just moved to the area and my daughter attends Wyomina. I find the school to be anti-parents and the teachers to be standoffish.

Posted August 3, 2006

I am an assistant here and my children attend also. I have been very happy as a parent. To comment on the FCAT problem, the state of Florida requires this, so blame Gov. Bush, not Wyomina! The teachers here are awesome, and the administration is an amazing team!My children have attended other schools in this district, and there is no comparison!
—Submitted by a staff

Posted April 8, 2006

Wyomina is a great place for students of all levels. The teachers are warm and expect the best from their students. Academics is our first priority. Each grade-level, including kindergarten also enjoys PE, Music and Art class. We have a beautiful library and computer lab.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 3, 2005

My daughter started Wyomina Park Kindergarten this year. She loves it and is being challenged academically. They even have an aide that comes in to help her sometimes so she won't get bored. The teacher has been great about addressing any questions or concerns I have (over a milk allergy and counting). The teachers seem to care about the kids. They have PE 3 days a week and art and music one day per week. The library is nice and the school makes an effort to work on manners and morals. it's not fancy, but it is safe.

Posted August 19, 2005

The school focused too much on the FCAT and hardly at all on science, history, and social studies. Did have a good art program. I didn't find the teachers accessible.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

114 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

114 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

91 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

91 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

90 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

72 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. VALDA NIZNIK
Fax number
  • (352) 671-6372

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

511 Northeast 12th Avenue