K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Meadowbrook Academy 5

Posted August 13, 2015
The teachers are Christians so they uphold the Christian environment . Academics are outstanding and if you need help there is a remedial program and teacher to help you. The principal is caring and kind while at the same time upholding policy and constantly maintaining a Christian environment ! You will love this school!

Posted January 26, 2015
I never had to study for a single test. The science system was extremely poor. Teachers could not discipline the students. The P.E. coach was a terrible role model. He wold walk in a drink a soda while teaching health class. 10/18 students got participant for the president's challenge in fifth grade. Christian character in students is terrible. I was bullied the whole time I was there. The students have no academic drive. I went to public school, and it was 100% more challenging than the curriculum there. I joined the school in the last month of fourth grade, and the teacher stood me up in front of the whole class and told them how I was the best student that she had ever had in that school. She wuit two years later. The students are spoiled rotten. I was at the top of my class, and the only academic award I ever won was a P.E. award because the class voted. Gossip is a huge problem. Students have to constantly worry if they will be the next target. The first grade teacher would bully my little brother, the sweetest thing on earth, if he asked for help. The good teachers are steadily leaving. The church is great though!

Meadowbrook Academy 3

Posted November 18, 2014
My child has gone to MBA since kindergarten and is now in middle school there. The school is challenging and for the most part helpful if the child has an issue with the material. The only negative I can say about MBA is the school is very one sided. You and your child are either in or out. When it comes to sports and academics awards, the children of teachers and staff ALWAYS win the awards. You can sit in the audience and guess the students name before it is announced. The VP's son is a student in middle school and is never disciplined. He runs wild and tells the other students he knows he won't get in trouble. The office staff is friendly and helpful with the exception of one lady, who seems to go out of her way to be as rude as possible to parents. If you can overlook the cliques among the parents and spoiled children, they do receive a good education and it is a lot less than the other private schools in Ocala.

Posted April 13, 2014
From a student, this is the worst school I have ever been to.Before I went to school here my brother would always complain about how awful it was. Me thinking he was being dramatic, I went the next year with him. Now coming from the public school system, the school is not challenging at all. I never had to study for anything. Thinking this might be a good thing, it's not. After 1 semester I left, and let me tell you public school is 100% harder. You would be doing your child a favor not to send them here. Also the principal is very controlling and judgmental. It is a rule that you or your parents could not be homosexual, and must be Christian. So if my parents were Muslim, and I was Christian, I could not attend. One time,I asked the librarian if they had Harry Potter and I was told I am not allowed to read that book because of witchcraft. Just please, if you love your child trust them enough to go to public school or send them elsewhere. Out of the 6 schools I've gone too, it is the WORST school.

Meadowbrook Academy 4

Posted September 09, 2013
As a member of the class of 2007, i'd like to give a huge shout out to the teacher down at the bottom who said "The class of 2007 should have had half as many graduates as it did." having this attitude about your students makes you unqualified. This school shaped me to be the person I am today. I was able to create a personal relationship with my teachers as well as lifelong friendships with my classmates. It brings me great joy to be able to come on here and prove some of these negative reviews wrong. After graduating with the amazingly talented and smart class of 2007, I immediately went to a reputable university and i'm now in my masters program. The students that went on to CFC did so because they either wanted to stay in Ocala until they felt called to leave(which is ok) or because they didn't apply themselves. Not going to a university has nothing to do with Meadowbrook. I cherish my time I spent there.

Posted August 08, 2013
If you want your kid to go to College of Central Florida then this is the school for you. Yes, alumni have made it into UF, UCF etc. but only through attending College of Central Florida first since Florida Universities are required to accept transfers. A lot of the students are smart enough to get accepted into the big Florida Universities after graduation but do not have the needed credits (like Advanced Placement Courses) or extracurricular activities (Anchor Club etc) to make them stand out from everyone else who is applying.

Posted July 17, 2013
This school is horrendous. I went here for my entire school "life" from K5-12th, and let me tell you, it is NOT what it seems. If you want your kid in a school they will like, and be able to be themselves, DO NOT SEND THEM HERE. The principal, and the entire staff, is extremely judgmental and is all about money, money, money. People have been kicked out due to personal reasons I will not mention, but as a Christian school you would think they would want to help who needs it? NOPE. They kick people out who wouldn't allow them to be a certain rating. All I'm saying is, for going there 13 years, it's garbage, it's not challenging, and the staff are completely hypocritical and judgmental.

Meadowbrook Academy 5

Posted July 07, 2013
Meadowbrook Academy is an excellent school. The students are taught well and prepared for the next grade level. The parent that speaks about their child going there for two years is not providing accurate information and should be ashamed of themselves. The principal and teachers go out of their way to promote a Christian environment that is safe and fun for our children. I know they are and have been on a waiting list for some time, so that tells you they are doing something positive. Those that leave (for whatever reason) should do so in peace because there are plenty of people who LOVE this school.

Posted June 11, 2013
My child went here 2 years. First year was great. Great teacher(Ms Brown) great communication. Second year(1st grade) aweful teacher and the principle sided with the teacher and then wouldn't let her return to teach the following year because of the issues that I pointed out. Then the principle refused to let my child return back to the school for second grade stating that the class was full. We knew of 5 different students that didn't return for various reasons and yet they insisted there wasn't room for my child. Long story short: if you mention or find a problem don't say anything or theyll kick you out! Too much business not enough church based actions! Lawsuit pending.

Meadowbrook Academy 4

Posted July 19, 2011
This school is awesome . My son went here for 11 years and we are very happy with MeadowBrook. The lady in the review who says that they don't prepare students for college is wrong. I am aware of many students who went on to good universities including UF,UCF and South Florida. My son attends St. Leo University and is doing well. This school is small with a very peaceful enviroment for learning.

Meadowbrook Academy