Posted March 03, 2014
Moved from New Jersey to Florida a Year ago and my son improved 100% from B and C's to A and B Honor Roll.

Posted January 22, 2014
I love this school !!!! My son is an out of area student and is welcomed back every year. We drive far to bring him to school every day...but it is so worth it. He started out in the ese program and mainsteamed into kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. He is doing so well in this school. It is a public school that feels like a private school. Every staff member that I have met has been wonderful. They know the children by name and parents too.There is great parent involvement as well. The principle is outstanding along with her whole staff !!!! We are blessed to be here !!!!

Posted August 28, 2013
As with almost any other school, your child will get out of this school what the parent is willing to put in. The principal is absolutely incredible, and she has help me with my two sons more than I could ever thank her. It was a struggle for my wife and I for a few years with them, and it was not until we went to the school, approached Principal Beck, guidance, and everyone there that we were able to come up with a plan to turn things around. We owe a lot to Principal Beck, and everyone else at Saddlewood.

Saddlewood Elementary School 3

Posted November 29, 2011
Sent my child here, we moved from a state with a better school system. I hated this school...its the worst one I have seen yet. The teacher my son had did not tell us about any problems my son was having until it got worse and I tried to work with the teacher ti find a solution, she was no help. She did not seem to care if her students did well or not. The drop off line and pick up line is an awful idea...it takes forever to drop off your child. The principal however did seem alright...the dean did try to help with things. maybe it was just the teacher he had but I pulled my son out after that 1 year there, we moved to north carolina, they are so much better there.

Posted May 17, 2011
I could not be any happier with Saddlewood. The teachers are very caring and there for what ever you may need. Mrs. Laffey is the best principle I have seen at any school district. She is always there for students and family 100%. Would not ever consider sending my children elsewhere. Keep up the good work:))

Posted May 16, 2011
This school is a joke! My family has given them chance after chance to redeem themselves but they continue to let us down! We will be transferring to a private school as soon as possible! the teachers couldn't care any less about the success of their students, it is impossible to get in touch with any of them, FCAT is the ONLY focus of education tought here as ive seen over the years and my child's education and learning experience is suffering......please I beg any parent looking into sending your child here to immediately reconsider!

Saddlewood Elementary School 4

Posted February 21, 2010
We have been parents of Saddlewood students since 2004. For the most part I have nothing but praise for the school and school's faculty. The principal and vice-principal are deeply dedicated to the students and their individual success. My older child is mildly autistic and my younger has learning disabilities. They have been patient and supportive with all of us. We tried the home school route for a year and private school for another year. The difference between the quality of education is almost immeasurable. I regret wasting money and valuable time on private school when compared to this school. No matter where your child goes to school you will have great and not-so-great teachers. We have for the most part been very fortunate to have deeply dedicated and skilled teachers. The school is very strict in its code of conduct but I am grateful for the regulation.

Posted January 24, 2010
We moved to Florida from one of the best school districts in the country and had heard all the horror stories about Florida schools so we were expecting it to be a little different but this place is horrendous! It felt like we had left the US entirely and moved to a third world country. Absolutely no playgrounds, no recess, no talking at lunch or any other time of the day either. After 3 weeks of school my kids couldn t name one other kid in their class! The teacher s poor grammar and attitudes toward students are both appalling. They do nothing but FCAT drills. There is no other teaching whatsoever. Both school and homework consist entirely of practice FCAT tests. The only thing my kids learned there was to 'guess B if you don t know the answer' We got out as fast as we could.

Posted January 23, 2009

Posted December 11, 2008

Saddlewood Elementary School
3700 Southwest 43rd Court, Ocala, FL  34474
Last modified Saddlewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saddlewood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top