No rating

Hale Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Ocala

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $110,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Posted December 23, 2012

Wow! I cannot believe all the positive reviews I see! So amazing tbat they are all posted on similar dates. I know the leadership of this school, and it is very coniving! I can't imagine so many people ACTUALLY feel positive about this school. The only explanation for the positive reviews is that it was assigned to the teachers by the warped headmaster. This school has no leadership, teachers are on their own without support or training. There is no genuine caring the students. Your child would be so much better off at Dr NH Jones and Howard. Avoid the heartache.

Posted November 1, 2012

The teachers are great. The parental involvement is strong. Everyone is friendly and really cares about education. My son loves going to school now and his reading ability has improved drastically in a short period of time. The classes are accelerated as well. For instance a 1st grader is on a 2nd grade level. If you can get your child in at a young age, it would be very beneficial for them. They learn Spanish, sign language and all core subjects too. The high schoolers get into their first choice colleges and their behavior is top notch. I only gave the Principal Leadership category 4 stars because they are in the process of hiring a new one. The interim one is very professional and good, but it is not a permanent postition for her.

Posted October 6, 2012

As a parent of a high school student, I can state that HALE ACADEMY is a school for kids that love to learn, and here she found other kids like her, who appreciate the value of a good book or a good conversation. Hale is a small community with a friendly home-like atmosphere who welcomes all and I am grateful that we found it.

Posted October 6, 2012

We love Hale Academy! If you want to constantly challenge you child academically, within a friendly and safe environment, this is the place to be. Class sizes are perfect, teachers and staff are welcoming and concerned of your child wellbeing.

Posted October 4, 2012

I know this school very well. I regret ever sending my child there. The choices they make are impulsive and short sighted. They hire teachers not based on qualifications but on nepotism. The leadership is sorely lacking. Everything is about image and appearance, with very little substance. The teachers are on their own to invent the standards in their classroom. If you get a great teacher then you will have a great classroom if not you will have a bad classroom. Unfortunately, they hire many underqualified teachers. The grades in the upper classes are artificially inflated, with most all students getting all A's with minimal work. It is the most expensive school in Ocala and the worse one also.

Posted October 2, 2012

Let's see what can I say about Hale Academy.... Other than it being an amazing school with high goals and aspirations I don't there is really much more you could add to this. The staff is nothing more than a member of your family that is with your kids all day. They never make you feel like your child or their needs are not important. I would recommend Hale Academy to anyone who is willing to listen....

Posted October 1, 2012

Hale Academy consists of a wonderful, caring, and talented group of teachers! I really enjoy working with my team, and I feel that we are all doing our very best to provide a first-class education for our students. After working in public schools for about 5 years, I have absolutely loved the transition into this private school.

Posted October 1, 2012

Hale Academy provides a safe, caring, and nurturing environment for all students. Our small class sizes provide teachers with the ability to differentiate instruction and insure success for all. The challenging curriculum is designed to produce lifelong learners who will become successful world citizens. The children, without a doubt, are the most respectful, kind, and determined students one will ever find. At Hale Academy we are family!

Posted October 1, 2012

This is the first year my children are attending Hale Academy. I am very happy with the decision. I find it very easy to get a response from the staff in a timely manner, (always same day if not next day). Not only the response time is great but the knowledge of the teachers and staff and the way it is relayed to the students is wonderful. My children come home happy and I love to hear about their days. The courses offered are great and the fact that a student will not be hindered by not being able to move forward if they are excelling in an area is amazing. The teacher to student ratio is great. If a student needs extra attention, it is there and offered. We had bullying issues at the previous school and at Hale, with the uniforms, everyone is the same and treated equally. I would highly recommend Hale Academy to any incoming family.

Posted October 1, 2012

I have two children at Hale Academy and I am very pleased with their experiences. The staff is quick to reply to my questions, and my children enjoy school. My children will continue at Hale.

Posted October 1, 2012

My children have been attending Hale Academy for five years now. I could not even imagine sending them anywhere else in our community. The faculty is amazing! I love that the communication lines are so open with all of the staff. Any concerns I may have are addressed in a timely manner and always to my satisfaction. My boys love going to this family oriented school and they have the very best of friends in each of their classmates. The curriculum is challenging for them, but I have high hopes for my children to excel in their studies. The teachers nurture every childs abilities and give them wings to soar on. I highly recommend Hale Academy to anyone looking for a great school to encourage their child's scholastic endeavors.

Posted September 30, 2012

Hale Academy is a fantastic school. They truly have a student-centered approach to education, realizing that not every child learns the same way. With small class sizes, students receive small group and individualized attention to help achieve the highest possible academic success. The staff at this school is warm, nurturing, and friendly. The students here are kind and respectful to adults and fellow peers. It really is a family atmosphere. I love and value the education and environment that Hale Academy has to offer, so much so, that not only do I work here but my daughter also attends school here.

Posted September 29, 2012

I have been teaching in the public and private schools in Oklahoma, Arizona, Georgia, and Florida on the secondary and college level, on and off, since 1972. I can say without hesitation, that Hale Academy is the most caring school, with the most family-like atmosphere with which I have ever been associated. My largest class has fifteen students while my smallest has eight. As a Social Studies teacher these class sizes are fantastic.

Posted September 28, 2012

This is my second year working at Hale Academy and I couldn't be more proud to work with such an amazing group of supportive administrators, cooperating teachers, fantastic students and wonderful families. Working for Hale has given me the opportunity to thrive in my career as an educator. The quality of education a child receives here is second to none. Students enjoy being challenged and understand why they are being challenged. Overall, Hale Academy is a wonderful place and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Posted September 28, 2012

Hale Academy distinguishes itself, not only, by offering a challenging curriculum, but also by having a caring and professional staff. Class sizes contribute to more personal interaction with students and families. I am fortunate to teach in such a positive educational environment.

Posted September 28, 2012

Hale Academy is comprised of the prevalent elements needed for a quality education. The curriculum is challenging and stimulating. The faculty and staff are well qualified and engaging. The atmosphere of the school is structured and positive, as well as supportive of the families, students, and staff. As a teacher at Hale Academy, I am uplifted by the fact that the school that I teach at, aims to provide a well-rounded educational experience.

Posted September 28, 2012

I have found that both working at Hale Academy AND being a parent of a high schooler at Hale have been extremely rewarding. Hale makes every effort to find the right fit for each child based on their strengths and in the areas where a child needs extra attention. There is no cookie-cutter approach to education at this school. Every student is given the opportunity to grow and succeed with the attention and guidance of truly passionate teachers.

Posted September 27, 2012

I have been a teacher at Hale Academy for 9 years, and am honored to say that I work with one of the best qualified, most professional, and intelligent groups of teachers in my almost 30-year career. They take an interest in every child as an individual, expecting each child to work to his or her full potential. Small classes (12 to 16 maximum, depending upon grade level) and a superb curriculum result in children who achieve at levels well beyond what most folks expect of their age mates. I am extraordinarily proud to be a part of Hale Academy, and of the fine young people and their families who make up our community.

Posted September 27, 2012

As a teacher at Hale Academy, I can say without question that the students here are receiving a top quality education. At every age level, students are challenged and given every opportunity to succeed and flourish. What impresses me most, however, is that our students are also taught the old fashioned values : respect, manners, and personal responsibility.

Posted September 27, 2012

My students are my priority. With small class sizes, (my classes range in size from 5-11 students) I can give students my focused attention. Students are courteous and respectful. It is a wonderful learning environment. I believe in the school so much that my own child attends Hale Academy. He LOVES his class, his teacher, and the school! He is happy, safe, and learning. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3443 Southwest 20th Street