Hale Academy 1

Posted December 23, 2012
Wow! I cannot believe all the positive reviews I see! So amazing tbat they are all posted on similar dates. I know the leadership of this school, and it is very coniving! I can't imagine so many people ACTUALLY feel positive about this school. The only explanation for the positive reviews is that it was assigned to the teachers by the warped headmaster. This school has no leadership, teachers are on their own without support or training. There is no genuine caring the students. Your child would be so much better off at Dr NH Jones and Howard. Avoid the heartache.

Posted November 01, 2012
The teachers are great. The parental involvement is strong. Everyone is friendly and really cares about education. My son loves going to school now and his reading ability has improved drastically in a short period of time. The classes are accelerated as well. For instance a 1st grader is on a 2nd grade level. If you can get your child in at a young age, it would be very beneficial for them. They learn Spanish, sign language and all core subjects too. The high schoolers get into their first choice colleges and their behavior is top notch. I only gave the Principal Leadership category 4 stars because they are in the process of hiring a new one. The interim one is very professional and good, but it is not a permanent postition for her.

Posted October 06, 2012
As a parent of a high school student, I can state that HALE ACADEMY is a school for kids that love to learn, and here she found other kids like her, who appreciate the value of a good book or a good conversation. Hale is a small community with a friendly home-like atmosphere who welcomes all and I am grateful that we found it.

Posted October 06, 2012
We love Hale Academy! If you want to constantly challenge you child academically, within a friendly and safe environment, this is the place to be. Class sizes are perfect, teachers and staff are welcoming and concerned of your child wellbeing.

Hale Academy 1

Posted October 04, 2012
I know this school very well. I regret ever sending my child there. The choices they make are impulsive and short sighted. They hire teachers not based on qualifications but on nepotism. The leadership is sorely lacking. Everything is about image and appearance, with very little substance. The teachers are on their own to invent the standards in their classroom. If you get a great teacher then you will have a great classroom if not you will have a bad classroom. Unfortunately, they hire many underqualified teachers. The grades in the upper classes are artificially inflated, with most all students getting all A's with minimal work. It is the most expensive school in Ocala and the worse one also.

Posted October 02, 2012
Let's see what can I say about Hale Academy.... Other than it being an amazing school with high goals and aspirations I don't there is really much more you could add to this. The staff is nothing more than a member of your family that is with your kids all day. They never make you feel like your child or their needs are not important. I would recommend Hale Academy to anyone who is willing to listen....

Posted October 01, 2012
Hale Academy consists of a wonderful, caring, and talented group of teachers! I really enjoy working with my team, and I feel that we are all doing our very best to provide a first-class education for our students. After working in public schools for about 5 years, I have absolutely loved the transition into this private school.

Posted October 01, 2012
Hale Academy provides a safe, caring, and nurturing environment for all students. Our small class sizes provide teachers with the ability to differentiate instruction and insure success for all. The challenging curriculum is designed to produce lifelong learners who will become successful world citizens. The children, without a doubt, are the most respectful, kind, and determined students one will ever find. At Hale Academy we are family!

Posted October 01, 2012
This is the first year my children are attending Hale Academy. I am very happy with the decision. I find it very easy to get a response from the staff in a timely manner, (always same day if not next day). Not only the response time is great but the knowledge of the teachers and staff and the way it is relayed to the students is wonderful. My children come home happy and I love to hear about their days. The courses offered are great and the fact that a student will not be hindered by not being able to move forward if they are excelling in an area is amazing. The teacher to student ratio is great. If a student needs extra attention, it is there and offered. We had bullying issues at the previous school and at Hale, with the uniforms, everyone is the same and treated equally. I would highly recommend Hale Academy to any incoming family.

Posted October 01, 2012
I have two children at Hale Academy and I am very pleased with their experiences. The staff is quick to reply to my questions, and my children enjoy school. My children will continue at Hale.

Hale Academy