611 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

There was some kid who bullied a lot. He does it to lots of kids. I was chaperoning Field Day and witnessed it and reported it. Don't think anything happened to the kid. My son had a bully who picked on him and the teacher brought the kid to the principal who contacted us. We were brought in and the situation was discussed and rectified. Two situations and two different results. The one that mattered more to me (my son's situation) was the one that they got right, so I'll give the school a gold star for that.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The admin really stands out with all the extra they do to teach the kids respect, compassion and integrity.

Amount of homework: Agree

Sometimes the kids get too much homework. For a 5th grader to get 5hrs of homework is simply too much. I do like the online resources though.

The teachers, the resources and admin have all been wonderful to work with and they've provided my child with a great education and experience. The school has many options for after school programs and activities. The PTA is very involved. I can only hope my son's middle school experience will be as positive as his years at Westbrooke Elementary.

This is our second year at Westbrooke and it is wonderful to have the diversity of families work with great teachers and staff. An active PTO with parent involvement, established teachers, and caring attitudes make it a welcoming environment. It has a small school feel and now at capacity, we should have more stability in enrollment numbers. Principal Couret is friendly and works to improve the education of our children. We feel lucky to be a part of the community!

This is a wonderful school. Parents, teachers, and staff along with the PTO are the best staff. It's a wonderful school, no fights, no chaos. They all seem very organized. My daughter is graduating 5th grade and she will be going to Gotha Middle next year. Thanks Westbrooke for all you do!!!!!!!!

This is a fantastic school with fantastic teachers! The students have Science and Media, these were not taken away. There is a lot of focus on the new FSA testing and standards, however I would imagine that this is true of all Florida Public Schools this year. I would highly recommend this school to all of my friends and neighbors.

My daughter just graduated and I was a very involved parent so I am going to give some of the TRUTH. The community does have a petition against the principal, for whatever reason most want her gone. They have an AP and a guidance counselor when they need more special area teachers (art and another PE). The school looks great from the outside, some awesome teachers, some average teachers and some evil people inside. Schools are so concerned with the FCAT scores that certain areas get overlooked. An example of this is the special areas. PE for example, had a great male teacher who had 75 kids at a time. That is way too crowded in my opinion, but he actually had all them organized, structured, safe and participating (with very little help from assistant or admin). And from what I hear two special areas (Science & Media) will be taken away from the schedule, thus having even more overcrowded PE classes as well as maybe music. This is the norm for all Orange County elem schools, not just this one though. So if your concerned, address administration or the district itself. The diversity of students is a good mix. Overall, good school and I feel my daughter is ready for middle school.

this is a very nice school with very dedicaided teachers . i am very happy with their work

My wife and I feel truly blessed to have found such a wonderful school for our daughter. Everything from the academic expectations to the community involvement are exactly what we hoped for. The administration seems to have such a healthy balance in their understanding of their role as educators and leaders. There are so many things that go into evaluating whether or not a school is right for your family and for us the last thing we wanted was to end up in a school that puts all its energy into standardized test results. While they are, currently, a necessary evil they are not the sole indicator of a schools success. Thank you Westbrooke for all you do!!!

Last modified Westbrooke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.