611 students|Orange

Bad
Good

This is a wonderful school. Parents, teachers, and staff along with the PTO are the best staff. It's a wonderful school, no fights, no chaos. They all seem very organized. My daughter is graduating 5th grade and she will be going to Gotha Middle next year. Thanks Westbrooke for all you do!!!!!!!!

This is a fantastic school with fantastic teachers! The students have Science and Media, these were not taken away. There is a lot of focus on the new FSA testing and standards, however I would imagine that this is true of all Florida Public Schools this year. I would highly recommend this school to all of my friends and neighbors.

My daughter just graduated and I was a very involved parent so I am going to give some of the TRUTH. The community does have a petition against the principal, for whatever reason most want her gone. They have an AP and a guidance counselor when they need more special area teachers (art and another PE). The school looks great from the outside, some awesome teachers, some average teachers and some evil people inside. Schools are so concerned with the FCAT scores that certain areas get overlooked. An example of this is the special areas. PE for example, had a great male teacher who had 75 kids at a time. That is way too crowded in my opinion, but he actually had all them organized, structured, safe and participating (with very little help from assistant or admin). And from what I hear two special areas (Science & Media) will be taken away from the schedule, thus having even more overcrowded PE classes as well as maybe music. This is the norm for all Orange County elem schools, not just this one though. So if your concerned, address administration or the district itself. The diversity of students is a good mix. Overall, good school and I feel my daughter is ready for middle school.

this is a very nice school with very dedicaided teachers . i am very happy with their work

My wife and I feel truly blessed to have found such a wonderful school for our daughter. Everything from the academic expectations to the community involvement are exactly what we hoped for. The administration seems to have such a healthy balance in their understanding of their role as educators and leaders. There are so many things that go into evaluating whether or not a school is right for your family and for us the last thing we wanted was to end up in a school that puts all its energy into standardized test results. While they are, currently, a necessary evil they are not the sole indicator of a schools success. Thank you Westbrooke for all you do!!!

My Son is in Westbrooke Elementary School and is thriving! Although he is the 'new kid' in the school, the teachers and classmates have been wonderful and he is His teacher supports him and the other students very well! The teacher understands common core but also knows what it takes to keep the students engaged. The Physical Education and Music programs are better than my son's previous school. At Westbrooke, they actually PLAY instruments. In Phys Ed, they actually focus on exercise and have structure in their physical play. This year they are investing in new playground equipment. Yay!

My son just started kindergarten at this school and so far I'm loving it. His teacher is a sweetheart. He comes home everyday learning something new. Great school!!

I'm not actually rating this elementary school, but hopefully will some day soon. I didn't know where else to go for information. ..Please help me find sporting activities for my grandson .He is moving from Michigan to a Westbrooke elementary school neighborhood. He is eight years old and loves football, hockey, baseball. etc. We would like to get him enrolled in a summer program and be ready to start as soon as they move on June 20, 2011. We really want him to meet some new friends before the next school year starts. Any information would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance....A grandmother who loves her grandson.

Westbrooke has the best faculty and staff! The administration is always there for you and especially great with the students. The school works very hard to see that the students get the best education they have. They came in 2nd in the district with test scores last year and first in the district for their science scores. Go Wildcats!!

Great school. Very active and successful PTA as well. They lack a dedicated art program, but that is the fault of the district, not the school and the teachers try to make up for that in the classroom. The 2008-2009 school year was the first year it was open and the only thing I didn't like was they ended the ability-grouping for reading as soon as the FCAT was over. It gave the impression that keeping the kids challenged the remainder of the year was not a priority, only the FCAT scores (which were great) were the priority.

Last modified Westbrooke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.