Ocoee, FL
Before care: Yes

Westbrooke Elementary School 3

Posted June 28, 2014
My daughter just graduated and I was a very involved parent so I am going to give some of the TRUTH. The community does have a petition against the principal, for whatever reason most want her gone. They have an AP and a guidance counselor when they need more special area teachers (art and another PE). The school looks great from the outside, some awesome teachers, some average teachers and some evil people inside. Schools are so concerned with the FCAT scores that certain areas get overlooked. An example of this is the special areas. PE for example, had a great male teacher who had 75 kids at a time. That is way too crowded in my opinion, but he actually had all them organized, structured, safe and participating (with very little help from assistant or admin). And from what I hear two special areas (Science & Media) will be taken away from the schedule, thus having even more overcrowded PE classes as well as maybe music. This is the norm for all Orange County elem schools, not just this one though. So if your concerned, address administration or the district itself. The diversity of students is a good mix. Overall, good school and I feel my daughter is ready for middle school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 17, 2014
this is a very nice school with very dedicaided teachers . i am very happy with their work

Posted March 17, 2014
My wife and I feel truly blessed to have found such a wonderful school for our daughter. Everything from the academic expectations to the community involvement are exactly what we hoped for. The administration seems to have such a healthy balance in their understanding of their role as educators and leaders. There are so many things that go into evaluating whether or not a school is right for your family and for us the last thing we wanted was to end up in a school that puts all its energy into standardized test results. While they are, currently, a necessary evil they are not the sole indicator of a schools success. Thank you Westbrooke for all you do!!!

Posted September 27, 2013
My Son is in Westbrooke Elementary School and is thriving! Although he is the 'new kid' in the school, the teachers and classmates have been wonderful and he is His teacher supports him and the other students very well! The teacher understands common core but also knows what it takes to keep the students engaged. The Physical Education and Music programs are better than my son's previous school. At Westbrooke, they actually PLAY instruments. In Phys Ed, they actually focus on exercise and have structure in their physical play. This year they are investing in new playground equipment. Yay!

Posted August 27, 2013
My son just started kindergarten at this school and so far I'm loving it. His teacher is a sweetheart. He comes home everyday learning something new. Great school!!

Posted January 17, 2013
Westbrooke has a great staff. The teachers and administration are very dedicated and care about their students. There is a tremendous amount of parent involvement. Would highly recommned this school!

Posted June 05, 2011
I'm not actually rating this elementary school, but hopefully will some day soon. I didn't know where else to go for information. ..Please help me find sporting activities for my grandson .He is moving from Michigan to a Westbrooke elementary school neighborhood. He is eight years old and loves football, hockey, baseball. etc. We would like to get him enrolled in a summer program and be ready to start as soon as they move on June 20, 2011. We really want him to meet some new friends before the next school year starts. Any information would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance....A grandmother who loves her grandson.

Westbrooke Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
Westbrooke has the best faculty and staff! The administration is always there for you and especially great with the students. The school works very hard to see that the students get the best education they have. They came in 2nd in the district with test scores last year and first in the district for their science scores. Go Wildcats!!

Posted July 09, 2009
Great school. Very active and successful PTA as well. They lack a dedicated art program, but that is the fault of the district, not the school and the teachers try to make up for that in the classroom. The 2008-2009 school year was the first year it was open and the only thing I didn't like was they ended the ability-grouping for reading as soon as the FCAT was over. It gave the impression that keeping the kids challenged the remainder of the year was not a priority, only the FCAT scores (which were great) were the priority.

Posted June 10, 2009
We are very satified with the school 's standards of teaching, organisation, staff so far.At the begining we're a bit apprehensive about how a new school would be able to perform and live upto the expectations of parents ;Since prior to this most of the kids were attending to nearby A+ grade school and were re-zoned to this school. But,now we have no qualms about this school and I strongly recommend newly relocated parents to consider this school. My daughter learned a lot in her third grade and got really interested in music. Finally, The Principal,PE and the music teachers are great.The only small drawback is not much vegetation for shade for play but that problem would get resolved as trees get bigger.Thanks. A Happy Parent.

Westbrooke Elementary School
500 Tomyn Boulevard, Ocoee, FL  34761
Last modified Westbrooke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westbrooke Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top