Public charter
Ocoee, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted December 03, 2014
The Hope Charter school has a great approach to view each child individually. The staff is always beside the child helping them grow while still challenging them on a daily basis. I would recommend this school to any family.

Posted November 08, 2013
This is my daughter's third year at Hope Charter School. She continues to learn at an accelerated pace, which is enthusiastically supported by her teachers. I love the emphasis on kindness and being good citizens as well. We are very happy here.

Posted September 14, 2013
My kids have been at Hope Charter for 10 years now. The staff is wonderful, the leadership is great!! I have a student that struggles and they have gone above and beyond to help her be successful. I highly recommend this school to anyone interested in a charter school.

Posted May 20, 2012
This has been a wonderful school. The staff and support staff care about each child and meeting the needs of the individual student. It is a school of choice. Your child will get a well rounded, solid education at this school. I could not image my children going any where but Hope :)

Hope Charter School 1

Posted January 10, 2012
Hope Charter has been a huge dissapiontment. This is my son's first year at hope. He's been an "A" student from 1st grade and has not seen a "B" yet. At public school he was given a range of education in Arts, Music, Social Studies, computer time, power piont, Science and History, even PE. Hope focuses on English and Math and misses the boat on everything else. The school is fixated on the FCAT scores and educating the children on what will result in the best test scores and give the school It's rating. Teachers are not good about communicating with the parents. We've heard this from dozens of parents. The Caffateria "which was a laugh to begin with" was shut down and It has not yet reopened and kids have been bringing lunches to school for several months. The lunches need to meet "Strict" standards or the children are not allowed to eat what they brought to school. Why getting hot lunches available to the students has not been a priority is a Mystery? The campus is small and the newly built Legacy high school is very nice. but the younger students do not get to share the huge Gymnasium. No sports, no music, no computers and no fun. Things need to improve, but my son is safe here.

Hope Charter School 3

Posted November 23, 2011
I have two children that attend this school. They have had a great experience, love going to school and are challenged. I love that they allow students to study a grade above in math. I wish this was allowed in reading as well. I must say that I really don't think they are great about communicating with parents outside of the monthly meetings. I love the small family feel, parent involvement, staff"s mannerism and the education they are receiving. They are having too much teacher turn over though and the extra curricular here is a joke. They provide boy's basketball but none for the girls. My girls would stay if the extra curricular was better.They are interested in sports and drama so I must keep looking for the perfect fit. Also, they are not big on teaching the students computer technology at this school. Your child will get a solid education and be prepared for high school. This is a great school with caring teachers,administration and good curriculum. I especially love Mr. Cole ( he does everything). Go HOPE!

Posted September 26, 2011
#1 Great school!! My sons love it . Excellent staff,caring and available all the time.The teacher expect greatness out of each student , they go out of there way to make every student comfortable and safe in and out of the classroom, If you have problems they will meet with you right away, and seek out a salution.My two older boys have ADD & ADHD and keep there teachers on there toes, but are always patient and kind in working with them! I love this school and could not imagine my boys at any other school!!!!

Posted September 26, 2011
This school has a long waiting list to get in for a reason. It is a wonderful place for most children. I believe the negative comments come from bitter parents who either have troubled children that have learning difficulties or they are not willing to follow the rules. This is a private school education in a public school. They teach above grade level to any student who is capable of keeping up and they do it well. Don't for one minute believe these kids are ever behind unless they have a learning disability (which is fine, it happens... just don't blame it on the teachers or the school.) These children are almost always above grade level academically. Wonderful, small school with amazing teachers. Love the attention to nutrition and brain power. Would not send my child anywhere else. Had mine not got in, I would have home schooled. Thankful for such an amazing environment that teaches character development, responsibility, humility, and empathy in addition to the curriculum. Thank you Hope Staff!

Hope Charter School 1

Posted August 23, 2011
I must concur with the review posted March 11, 2009. My experience with Hope is that the favoritism of faculty over other non faculty parents at this school goes beyond unethical and maybe even illegal. Colleagues interests are served before the students when in conflict and there is no process or forum to mitigate differences when they arise in a fair and unbiased manner. Use extreme caution if you ever feel compelled to speak out about violations of their own policies especially if it pits you against one of their own.

Posted June 25, 2011
My daughter just completed kindergarten at Hope Charter this year. She faced some challenges throughout this school year, with her behavior and diagnosis of ADHD. I must say, I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. Her teacher was amazing and really kept me up to date on everything during my daughter's transition onto medication. My daughter loved her class and her teachers and her school. She DAILY came home excited to tell me about her day, even when she didn't have a great day. I am amazed at all she has learned and am confident that Hope Charter has & will provide her with everything she needs academically for a successful future. The school has a total sense of family and they welcomed my entire family with open arms. We cannot wait for school to start again to see what next year may hold for her.

Hope Charter School
1550 East Crown Point Road, Ocoee, FL  34761
Last modified Hope Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hope Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top