Ocoee High School

Public | 9-12 | 2353 students

Sweep tile

Posted January 7, 2014

The school have block days meaning your in class for 2 hrs and only get through 4 periods a day. And on top of that they give you mac laptop. At first it was cool but than the teachers stop teaching and you had to do everything on your own. Getting in trouble for the assignments you don't understand. And there's no retake on test or quizzes so if you fail you fail. Teachers should go back to regular teaching and seven periods a day routine in my opinion and we would progress even more till than we struggles as students to progress.

Posted October 24, 2013

I would like the school to improve by getting new stuff.Also I would like the school to improve by becoming an A school and making the school kind of be like college

Posted January 22, 2011

I have had a satisfactory experience with Ocoee High School the last three years. However, this year my son is having some difficulty with his Pre-cal class. I have been tried to work with the system there. We have had him attend on campus tutoring, take retakes as suggested and hired outside tutoring. His grade is improving finally due to the outside tutoring. However, I am very disappointed with the intervention or the lack of from school staff, especially the new principal. My son's teacher is difficult to understand at times due to a foreign accent. I requested that my son be changed to another teacher. I was told by the principal that his experience was that this did not make a difference. How could understanding your teacher speaking a complex subject such as pre-cal not make a difference. I was also told by another staff member that there was a problem with students being placed in math classes outside of their abilities. I find this attitude to be very disappointing because I know with the right education most any child is capable of learning. I think this is a terrible way to explain away a problem and scapegoat the children there.

Posted December 6, 2010

I currently attend OHS and am a senior. Every single year I have had teachers that have not cared whether their students graduate. The guidance counselors there don't help much. I was called to my counselors office to set up my senior schedule. She asked me what math class I wanted. Junior year I was in an algebra 2 honors class with a 103%. I asked to be put into pre calculus and was simply told "I don't believe you have the potential to succeed in that class." That isn't the first time that has happened. Before then I was in another algebra class and wanted to switch because my teacher always gossiped with her students and never taught. I was failing her class and was sent to the principle to sort out the issue. He then told me he didn't see me going anywhere in life. I was threatened to be sent out of my new algebra class if my grade didn't improve in two weeks. I have great grades, but I can honestly say the teachers aren't the reason. They are more babysitters than anything. If you want your child to be around the kind of school where there are many fights, drug users, horrible counseling and teachers, then this is the school for you.

Posted December 31, 2009

We moved to keep our kids at Ocoee High (rezoning) and have never regretted it. We have two children, one graduated in the first class to attend Ocoee for 4 years, the other is a current student. The school format is innovative, not another like it in our area, and it works so well. The principal has high expectations but is also very understanding. Teachers are easy to communicate with & encouraging. There are plenty of extracurricular activities, many of which are multiple award winning. Very enjoyable for my kids. We are very pleased!!!

Posted December 9, 2009

Ocoee High School is a very unique school from chicken bowl thursday to the A and B days. The teachers are very cool and you can tell they enjoy working there. The arts, sports, and clubs there are great. I feel like I am lucky to be going to this school. GO KNIGHTS! O.K!

Posted November 12, 2009

This is really a great institution and I'm proud to be a part of it and their leadership skill is what that keep my attention the most.

Posted March 25, 2009

I used to be a student at OHS in the 2007-2008 school year, and I find this school to be a very good school. The teachers are great, although there was a teacher that needs to be fired, hah. The school I now attend is hardly comparable. OHS does have its up and downs, but that's high school for you.

Posted March 5, 2009

Ocoee High Teachers & Staff are GREAT! The principle is the best, he updates the parents on all events, and activities. As your child gets older, they don't inform you on everything at school. This principle goes out of his way to give each parent an Automated phone call on EVERYTHING - Including test dates, Report cards, Incidents, & everything else happening, before it happens at school. The staff, teachers, counselors, & principle deserves to be patted on the back every day. Kudos to Ocoee High School! OHS # 1

Posted March 4, 2009

I'm a freshmen at Ocoee, and to me your freshmen year is suppose to be your best year. But mines is not. I Hate Ocoee it is very boring. They don't have enough execting things for the kids to do.

Posted January 17, 2009

I dislike this school strongly... I never feel safe and they make it way to easy for us to the point that it handy caps us when it comes to collage.

Posted January 9, 2009

I used to go to ohs but i had to move to a new state.I miss ohs so much this school i go to doesnt compare.The teachers,activities,and pretty much everything is better at ohs.

Posted October 2, 2008

Overall Ocoee High School is a very good school. My son loves going there and has for he most part had very good teachers. The worst criticism I can give is when there is an Educational Planning Meeting Scheduled, all the teachers should make every effort possible to attend. My sons meeting last year was attended by only one teacher. I was very disappointed in this. However this year he seems far more satisfied with his teachers and I have seen that they are making every effort to be there for each student.

Posted October 27, 2007

i really love attending this school, we have something not all schools do! we have great school spirit and amazing teachers

Posted June 29, 2007

Ocoee isn't the best school, but we're working our way up there. We have great school spirit withen the students and the staff. Our programs, such as band and drama, are very strong and show how well rounded many of the students are. Our sports teams are getting better each year. I say for going into our third year, we're making a nice headway into the community.

Posted June 29, 2007

I have seen the efforts of the principal, counselors, teachers and other staff in assisting each student. I commend them for their service and dedication as well as each individual student. My son has improved greatly in the last 2 years and has been motivated to learn since attending Ocoee H.S. This year he will be a senior and I am proud to say that Ocoee High had a part in this. Thanks to all of you, Mrs. Marilyn C. Garcia

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2013.

555 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 54% in 2013.

574 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 85% in 2013.

576 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

576 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "D".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

450 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

574 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

486 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian 5% 3%

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 1%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

Foreign languages taught
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options

• Orchestra
Performing arts
  • Drama
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1925 Ocoee Crown Point Pkwy