2,243 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Ocoee High School 3

Posted May 26, 2016
Not at all impressed with this school. My son who has tested borderline gifted, has barely passed (simply because he is lazy), no one cares, guidance doesn't reach out... they just don't seem to even care about the students. I've been told by my son and his peers that many of the teachers don't even teach - seriously. Just have not seen anything good or productive come out of OHS for our son.

Ocoee High School 2

Posted July 26, 2014
I would not recomend going here to be honest the school is nice and everything but I dont feel like the teachers really want to be there.Not saying that I do to but I atleast try to act as if I want to be.The teachers dont keep good communication with you and I dont like how they just throw you into Ap classes and not having any prior knowledge about the class.I also feel that the teachers dont thoroughly teach the lesson well and this whole "quiz week in every class" IS NOT helping our grades The school just needs a whole new outlook on teaching, we need something to motivate us and make us feel important.

Ocoee High School 1

Posted January 07, 2014
The school have block days meaning your in class for 2 hrs and only get through 4 periods a day. And on top of that they give you mac laptop. At first it was cool but than the teachers stop teaching and you had to do everything on your own. Getting in trouble for the assignments you don't understand. And there's no retake on test or quizzes so if you fail you fail. Teachers should go back to regular teaching and seven periods a day routine in my opinion and we would progress even more till than we struggles as students to progress.

Ocoee High School 3

Posted October 24, 2013
I would like the school to improve by getting new stuff.Also I would like the school to improve by becoming an A school and making the school kind of be like college

Ocoee High School 2

Posted January 22, 2011
I have had a satisfactory experience with Ocoee High School the last three years. However, this year my son is having some difficulty with his Pre-cal class. I have been tried to work with the system there. We have had him attend on campus tutoring, take retakes as suggested and hired outside tutoring. His grade is improving finally due to the outside tutoring. However, I am very disappointed with the intervention or the lack of from school staff, especially the new principal. My son's teacher is difficult to understand at times due to a foreign accent. I requested that my son be changed to another teacher. I was told by the principal that his experience was that this did not make a difference. How could understanding your teacher speaking a complex subject such as pre-cal not make a difference. I was also told by another staff member that there was a problem with students being placed in math classes outside of their abilities. I find this attitude to be very disappointing because I know with the right education most any child is capable of learning. I think this is a terrible way to explain away a problem and scapegoat the children there.

Ocoee High School 1

Posted December 06, 2010
I currently attend OHS and am a senior. Every single year I have had teachers that have not cared whether their students graduate. The guidance counselors there don't help much. I was called to my counselors office to set up my senior schedule. She asked me what math class I wanted. Junior year I was in an algebra 2 honors class with a 103%. I asked to be put into pre calculus and was simply told "I don't believe you have the potential to succeed in that class." That isn't the first time that has happened. Before then I was in another algebra class and wanted to switch because my teacher always gossiped with her students and never taught. I was failing her class and was sent to the principle to sort out the issue. He then told me he didn't see me going anywhere in life. I was threatened to be sent out of my new algebra class if my grade didn't improve in two weeks. I have great grades, but I can honestly say the teachers aren't the reason. They are more babysitters than anything. If you want your child to be around the kind of school where there are many fights, drug users, horrible counseling and teachers, then this is the school for you.

Posted December 31, 2009
We moved to keep our kids at Ocoee High (rezoning) and have never regretted it. We have two children, one graduated in the first class to attend Ocoee for 4 years, the other is a current student. The school format is innovative, not another like it in our area, and it works so well. The principal has high expectations but is also very understanding. Teachers are easy to communicate with & encouraging. There are plenty of extracurricular activities, many of which are multiple award winning. Very enjoyable for my kids. We are very pleased!!!

Posted December 09, 2009
Ocoee High School is a very unique school from chicken bowl thursday to the A and B days. The teachers are very cool and you can tell they enjoy working there. The arts, sports, and clubs there are great. I feel like I am lucky to be going to this school. GO KNIGHTS! O.K!

Posted November 12, 2009
This is really a great institution and I'm proud to be a part of it and their leadership skill is what that keep my attention the most.

Ocoee High School 4

Posted March 25, 2009
I used to be a student at OHS in the 2007-2008 school year, and I find this school to be a very good school. The teachers are great, although there was a teacher that needs to be fired, hah. The school I now attend is hardly comparable. OHS does have its up and downs, but that's high school for you.

Ocoee High School
1925 Ocoee Crown Point Parkway, Ocoee, FL  34761
Last modified Ocoee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.