K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)

My daughter entered OCS late in the year, and I must say her experience there has been remarkable. And in all the right ways. The faculty are kind, competent, and communicative; the director, Mrs. Ciulla, honest and supportive; the grounds impeccable and charming. The workload is appropriate and manageable, and the educational approach challenging and apt. As a long-time educator myself, I must say I am really surprised to read anything other than positive reviews for this school. Though we have been there only a few months, we have attended various other schools in the past, and it seems clear that what OCS promises is real: The community of support, love, and faith here is present and powerful. If you want your child to be a part of something larger than just a report card, to be a part of a community where she/he is valued and furthered as a person in addition to as a student, this is your school. I am grateful for OCS every day since my daughter transferred here.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is average, not too much, not too little.. students in middle and high school have the opportunity of doing some at study hall

I have two kids at OCS; my oldest for the last 7 years. We have being long enough at school to know without a doubt that is an excellent school. From the our great principal, Mrs Erin Ciulla to all our wonderful teachers and staff, everyone is focus on having a Christ centered education and environment. Academics have high standards... specially in Math and English, students get advances classes since Elementary. In another hand, behavior issues are very well handle... with discipline and not tolerance for bad behavior but also with love and encouragement of improving. There is not a perfect school, because the only perfect one is GOD. OCS is a wonderful family that had impacted my kid's life in a very positive way.

Our daughter was primarily homes chooled from Pre-K through 6th grades, so we consider our standards to be high. Mrs Ciulla's tour only touches on what great opportunities OCS offers academically and otherwise. Many buildings are old (so is my house) but they and the grounds are extremely well maintained. Beautiful grounds! Had we stayed in the area, I'd have made certain our daughter stayed at OCS until graduation.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is appropriate in amount and degree of challenge and reinforcement of classroom teaching.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are qualified, passionate about teaching, and understand why they're there.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Academic excellence is the primary focus, with additonal healthy attention to spiritual, social, and character growth.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Administration is informed, available, and very connected with anything that concerns us as parents. Many buildings are old (so is my house) but they and the grounds are extremely well maintained. Beautiful grounds!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Our middle school child was never bullied; however, there was a classmate that was a bullying others and demonstrating other troubled behaviors. The teachers and administration dealt with his individual conflicts as they arose and did make the decision to remove that student from the school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is not an issue at OCS. Any inappropriate behavior is dealt with quickly and effectively.

Last modified Odessa Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12