Odessa, FL

Posted May 06, 2014
Hammond is an exceptional school. I have 3 children who attend the school through school choice. One of my children has an IEP and one of my children is gifted and talented. The teachers at this school work hard to differentiate instruction, guiding students to reach their individual best. The school has a very strong music program. My children come home motivated and secure with stories to share about their classes and extras every day. They wake up excited to get to school. Most importantly, this is a school environment of respect and enthusiasm.

Posted April 28, 2014
Hammond Elementary is a wonderful school. My special needs child has had caring, supportive teachers every year. In addition, the administration and support staff are awesome. Parental involvement is second to none.

Posted October 27, 2013
We are very please with Hammond. The teachers and the entire staff really care about the quality of education they are delivering to our children,

Posted September 04, 2013
We have really enjoyed our experience with Hammond. We've always struggled between public vs. private but truly believe we've found the best school for our son!

Posted August 22, 2013
Hammond is hands down the best school I've encountered . After, 20 years of parenting, from private schools to public, the administration, teachers and staff are more organized, caring and genuine than any other school around. If every child had this experience we ould all rest assured they would all be getting the very best in education and care.

Posted June 25, 2013
Great teachers. Art and music classes. Lots of activities for the kids throughout the school year. They also have chorus for 2nd through 5th grade :)

Posted June 06, 2013
Top 10%...not just in Tampa Bay, but in all of Florida!!! We used the Florida "Choice" system to enroll and we live 30 minutes away.... I can't speak for all the teachers, but the K & 1st grade teachers my son had were fantastic, Especially his 1st grade teacher...he really went above & beyond this year in both his reading & math with her structure & guidance. I would recommend this school to anyone. (Word of note ...Principal is retiring this year, which can always lead to uncertainty)

Posted June 09, 2012
Fabulous teachers, great staff, unbelieveable parent involvement ,top 10 percent of elementary schools in Florida. What more could you want?

Posted August 09, 2011
Hi, I am a mother of a 7yr old going to 2nd grade. My son has really enjoyed his KG & first grade. The teachers are so fabulous and create a great learning environment. I wish they have a shelter soon for the play area, otherwise my son loves and looks forward to going to school. I was amazed at his knowledge on astronomy as a first grader! I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted July 12, 2010
I had my son at another school in the district and he was miserable. His grades were the worst they had ever been his attitude was awful and I had even put him into counseling. At the last grading period of the year last year we switched him to Hammond. As a result he is once again a happy boy. His grades are back up to A's & B's and he could not be happier there> I am very happy too. What a great bunch of people!

Hammond Elementary School
8008 North Mobley Road, Odessa, FL  33556
Last modified Hammond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hammond Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top