Okeechobee, FL

Central Elementary School 5

Posted July 21, 2014
Central Elementary has a great bilingual program. it is preparing our children to understand the foundation of Spanish in an academic way setting goals and giving parents support to learn Spanish, too. Wonderful teachers who are always worried about how each child is growing. They are all giving the best to our children every day. I really recommend that Okeechobee School Board extends the program to all elementary schools. Okeechobee cannot be falling behind in Florida Bilingual Education.

Posted August 22, 2006
I also have a child in the B.A.S.E. Program at Central Elementary and feel that it is a wonderful program that gives my child the opportunity to learn a second language. I am understanding that many schools go through changes and trust that the administration is doing what is best for the students and school. I also understand that a new program such as B.A.S.E. undergoes trials and errors, but I feel confident that my child is getting an outstanding education that is exposing her to a multilingual world similar to the one in her community. The USA is fast becoming a bilingual country and my child will be prepared.

Posted May 15, 2006

Posted February 22, 2006
My child was in the BASE (Bilingual Academy of Spanish and English) from the very beginning. This is her fifth year in the program and it has fallen apart. There have been three different Spanish teachers this year which has been very disruptive for all of the children. I know of at least three children who were disenrolled from this program because parents were not satisfied because of lack of progress in Spanish and the other academics fell behind.

Posted September 08, 2005

Central Elementary School 5

Posted February 23, 2004
As a fellow educator I was greatly interested in the opportunities provided for my child at any school. Central Elementary definitely fits the bill. Not only do they take great pride in the successes of their students, they also push your child to do that little bit extra. Great school!

Central Elementary School
610 Southwest 5th Avenue, Okeechobee, FL  34974
Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top