Okeechobee, FL
Students enrolled: 1,243

Posted August 24, 2013
A too-close community that leads to rumors being the dominate force in this school. Agriculture or Machinery? Oh right, we have ROTC and Sports. Band? Sure. Teachers with degrees in the field they're teaching? A few, I think.... Dress code is based off of the opinion of whatever specific administrator is feeling at that particular moment. The education itself is decent, but not worth the drama of the local community. If this school wasn't Okeechobee, then it would be better.

Posted May 12, 2010

Okeechobee High School 0

Posted September 19, 2009
I love a country school with advantages not available in other places. Many of the faculty are residents of our county & know the students personally. This helps each child get individual care! We vote 100%--A+++

Okeechobee High School 2

Posted February 10, 2009

Posted November 20, 2008
awesome school!!! The best school ever!!!

Posted July 23, 2008

Posted July 28, 2006
My child comes home every day so mad that she has to go to this dump! She never has any thing good to say about it. There are no classes she can take to better prepare her for her future. She is force to take classes that she does not want because there is nothing else to help her with what she needs. This school has lack of money and teachers that know what they are doing. Some of her teachers dont even have a degree in what they are teaching. I am very sorry that my daughter has to go to this school. Luckly she only has 1 more year.

Okeechobee High School 4

Posted January 29, 2006
- a former student
Although there is a below-average availability of Advanced Placement courses, due to low demand from students and parents, I believe Okeechobee High School will adequately prepare students for college. Although AP classes are necessity for to compete academically with students from larger school districts at my highly-competitive university, I think that a student who opts not to take AP classes will certainly be prepared to attend an average state university. As for extra-curricular activities, OHS has a relatively-large number of national organizations (National Honor Society, Beta Club, etc). In addition, a wide-variety of sports are offered.

Posted March 20, 2005
I believe OHS is a wonderful and safe school. I do not have to worry about my daughter getting hurt, and I know that she is receiving a quality education.

Posted October 16, 2003
This school is old but good! Keep it up! (We need better cars for drivers ed. We only have 2 Dodge Neons!)

Okeechobee High School
2800 U.S. 441, Okeechobee, FL  34972
Last modified Okeechobee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Okeechobee High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top