Okeechobee, FL

Posted June 17, 2013
I have two kids at Seminole. My oldest earned a "B" once on a report card, the rest have been "A's" for the last 3 years. His FCAT scores reflect that since they have been 4's and 5's. My youngest has earned nothing less than an "A" in his 2 years at Seminole. In first grade the teacher had him reading and comprehending text on a 5th grade level. Their overall FCAT scores indicate that Seminole ranks as one of the best elementary schools in the district.

Seminole Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2013
The teacher is not so bad with the teaching, they are only bad with handling the kids. We moved from NJ for a better environment and this school is terrible for bullying and nobody does anything about it. They only kept on giving me excuses. 1. They told me that most of the kids attending the school were abandoned by their parents and raised by their grandparents which were old and had no control. 2. The kids were poor and were coming from bad home environments. etc... blah blah blah... I wouldn't recommend the school

Seminole Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2013
They are very good with teaching the children. I have not had to teach my child anything extra or walk her through her homework. Lice is a BIG problem; it has always been with this school. What a headache!!! Beware! They should do weekly head checks on every student. My daughter had it for a month straight; She just kept getting it. After the fourth time I complained they found out the kid she sat next to on the bus was infested. She was forced to sit next to this kid. Assigned seating.

Posted October 02, 2008
Seminole is an Excellent school.

Posted July 12, 2008

Posted April 29, 2008
this is the worst school in okeechobee and has been for and can be backed up by last years fcat scores. my child was moved to this school she was making B's so far she now has gotten a D and even a F on a progress report. i have to teach her myself so she understands the work now. i never had to do that before. the children are bad there and i have been down at school several times this year because of children tormenting and hitting my child. this school is the worst.

Posted November 22, 2007

Seminole Elementary School 2

Posted August 10, 2003
This school is below average in all areas. The prinipal sees nothing wrong with this school and has no real goal on improving the FCAT scores. I am not happy with the studies that the children use, and the school is infested with lice.

Seminole Elementary School
2690 Northwest 42nd Avenue, Okeechobee, FL  34972
Last modified Seminole Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seminole Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top