Old Town, FL

Old Town Elementary School 5

Posted August 12, 2013
Old Town Elementary in my opinion is a great school! Mrs. Tillis is a no nonsense but gentle soul when it comes to her kids. She runs a tight ship and that is the only way to be when dealing with so many children, parents, grandparents, staff, etc. You have to run things like a business. I have all the utmost respect for her! As for the rest of the staff, the teachers are wonderful! I find they are truly interested in helping our kids get the best education that they deserve! They go out of the way to treat the kids as individuals and give them one on one time. My two grandchildren will be starting their third year in O.T.E. in just a few days and they still look forward to going to school every day ! I am so glad that we chose O.T.E. to introduce them to the world of education!!!So I would like to thank Mrs. Tillis and her staff for their LOVE and DEDICATION to all of the children at O.T.E.S!! Sincerely, D and B' s Grandma

Old Town Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2013
My school is / was Old Town Elementary. I is my opinion if you are going to send your child to this school or any other public school in Dixie County , you should reconsider your options. My child attended school there and for the first few years and after becoming involved with my child's education I found there to be some disparity. The district is heavily influenced by colloquial standards and if you are looking for a progressive school and a district this is not the one. There is little parent involvement in Old Town Elementary simply because parents feel helpless and without voice and if the boat rocks, well that's a whole other issue. If it was not for nepotism there would not be a staff. The entire district could improve if there was just a change of staff and more parent influence at the School Board Level.

Old Town Elementary School 2

Posted July 12, 2012
Too bad Mr Sonny is not at the school now. We need a new principal. The one we have only cares about her stationary. I don't like the fact that you cannot call the teachers after school. -Daniel

Posted September 01, 2009

Old Town Elementary School 3

Posted July 22, 2006

Old Town Elementary School 3

Posted July 10, 2006
i think all the teachers at this school put the students first but the most outstanding teacher award would have to go to mrs. marchant and mr. pyne. he is the best math teacher the state of florida has.

Posted December 24, 2005

Posted November 23, 2005

Old Town Elementary School 5

Posted October 25, 2005
My girls left Gilchrist County this year and started attending Old Town Elementary. I am beyond impressed with the differences in their classes. The teachers seem much happier to be there, the administration gives a darn about the kids, not just politics, and the Principal, Sonny, is just a great guy. I have seen him, in many ways, show a direct and personal interest in his students, and his teachers.

Old Town Elementary School
221 Southeast 136th Avenue, Old Town, FL  32680
Last modified Old Town Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Town Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top