Forest Lakes Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2014
Not as exceptional with autistic children as they claim. Parents kept out of communication, pushed towards choices they are against. Get a lawyer if you want anything for your child. Will tell you of their great programs, but some do not ever come to be for most or all of the school year. They have an agenda of when they will promote or hold back all ASD students (only held back in grade 3 for all), regardless of their achievement or lack thereof (all zeros on tests, promote!). They base it on the FCAT and do not do what is best for each child No flexibility in lesson plans for special needs or typical students who excel in some areas. Very disappointed in the administration of the school. Avoid parent input at all costs, avoid outside consultants/therapist/doctor opinions until pushed by legal means. You WILL NOT be allowed to be involved in your child's education, no matter how much you volunteer or donate or are present every day. Definitely needs to be revamped as far as their priorities and family friendliness, understanding special needs and communicating and including parents. Even good teachers are shackled by administrators. This school made me reconsider homeschooling.

Posted March 09, 2014
I am currently in my freshman year of high school. I remember coming to Forest Lakes back in kindergarten, first, and half of second grade, dreaming every day of going to East Lake High while playing tetherball haha. This was an awesome school and I'll never forget all of the friends from Louisiana who came to out school while their houses were being rebuilt from Hurricane Katrina. This was the second best elementary school I went to, behind only Lowry.

Forest Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
We recently moved here from NC and our daughter went to a private school. I have to admit not being from the area I was worried to say the least. What a wonderful school! I have had a amazing experience and so has my daughter. Nothing but good things are happening there. I am very pleased with our decision.

Posted August 23, 2013
One of the better schools in the county. Great neighborhood and a decent campus. Kids come from good backgrounds(Which imo matters a lot) and we have a set of involved parents. Would highly recommend .

Forest Lakes Elementary School 3

Posted August 02, 2013
Overall, not impressed. We left the school after 2 years having had 2 kids there. Prompted by great ratings and comments by other parents, we tried it. Pros: Nice campus , great neighborhood. Cons: Fairly soon, we realized that the teachers seem somewhat overwhelmed and education was average, attention mediocre. One of our kids is very gifted and the teacher was quite oblivious to that. Our other child needed more help and despite their best efforts we didn't see the improvement we hoped for. They even have ''separate field trips for gifted kids"! My child told me that and that was the day we made a decision to move to private school. In my book, that is reverse discrimination. In any case, one year later, both our children have made amazing strides in the new school, thanks to the teachers personal attention, and positive reinforcement. All students are treated equally, wear a school uniform and smaller class sizes make a huge difference. The bar is definitely set higher in private schools.

Posted June 13, 2013
I think this school has the best first grade teachers in the county. My daughter has learned so much in one school year that it is amazing!! I hope second grade is the same.

Posted May 24, 2013
This school is one of the best schools in Pinellas County from the teachers to the office staff they all have been amazing.

Forest Lakes Elementary School 3

Posted November 01, 2012
It is sad to see a school filled with kind and considerate children is led a by a principal who only cares about numbers and not individuals. The principal does not display a concern about what is best for the school, instead, it is clear that she will have her way no matter what the cost to others, and if you offer an opinion that is different than hears, God help you. I can only feel sorry for this principal and the lonely life she must lead, why else would she treat students, parents and children with disabilities so badly?

Forest Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted October 26, 2012
Horrible principal! School could be good if they got rid of her. I have been a member of The School Advisory Council (SAC) and PTA and I can honestly say that all the principal cares about is the facts and had every excuse in the book for why the school is declining. It's just a fact that ever since she took over the school has gone down. I even know of parents that had to hire an attorney because she is all about being "right" instead of what is right for the student. Currently an "A" rated school that is rapidly declining. Horrible school. Glad I moved and now my kids go to a different school

Forest Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2012
I hate this school....like a previous poster said, all the principal cares about is the fcat results, She pushes off any dealing with parents on the vice principal who is horrible also. There is so much bullying and lack of caring for students that may not perform well on the fcat....I have seen children moved to other schools in the district because they may lower scores....I hate it the worst school ever no community feel either.

Forest Lakes Elementary School
301 Pine Avenue North, Oldsmar, FL  34677
Last modified Forest Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.