Posted October 19, 2014
A teacher at this school with a degree in Biology will be enlisted to teach additional classes unrelated to their specialty such as Economics or Psychology. Teachers are unqualified to teach multiple subjects. Discipline is virtually nonexistent. Bullying and drugs are constant issues which are not addressed. Student body consists of tight cliques of Christian students who have been at the school for many years. If your child's beliefs don't align, prepare for alienation. Staff consists of unqualified parents. My son's needs were not addressed, but the school was happy to call me regarding tuition payment. STAY AWAY!

Posted April 04, 2014
I posted a review yesterday. It did not violate the terms of service, but this website chose to delete my review. Therefore I have lost all faith in this website. They are not allowing parents like me to tell the truth about schools when it is not good news. I will keep this short. If your child is on a McKay scholarship, I would advise to look elsewhere. You will not get any consideration for your child's situation.

Posted June 20, 2013
Oldsmar Christian is by far the best school. The class sizes are small so each child gets lots of attention from a caring, loving, nurturing teacher. Going to school shouldn't be stressful and at Oldsmar Christian it isn't. My son never really enjoyed school, that is, until he went to Oldsmar Christian. Now, he loves going. I highly recommend this school, especially to someone that is fed up with the rigmarole of public school and is looking for a fantastic Christan- based education.

Posted June 18, 2013
Be careful not to go by what a bitter parent has to say about this school. Discipline is crucial to the well-being of a child. If writing Bible verses feels like cruel and unusual punishment for children, we have to fear the type of adults they'll grow up to be! If you are looking for a school that will allow children to do whatever they please, take them to the nearest public school. If you are looking for a school to help train up your child in the ways of the Lord, OCS is for you. As for the comments made about the quality of teaching, talk to graduates of OCS who are amazing their college professors with their advanced knowledge... which they attained at OCS. As the parent of a high school graduate of OCS, I can also tell you that parents have complete access to their child's grades at all times. They also truly care about the well being and future of their students. No place is perfect, but I would choose OCS again in a heartbeat.

Posted April 04, 2013
This used to be a fairly good school, but the quality of teaching & facilities is rapidly diminishing. Kids are having more & more trouble actually learning. The current teachers are demerit-crazy at this school. I know children with physical problems that make it difficult for them to write so many demerits, but the teachers and office staff don't seem to care. I agree with the statement someone else made about their brand of discipline and the extremes they take it to inspire rebellion more than change.

Posted March 13, 2011
My son is finishing up his first year of kindergarten at OCS, and his teacher this year was my kindergarten teacher 25 years ago. I attended OCS from kindergarten until I graduated high school. This is a prime example of why this school is such a gem...it's more than a school, it's a family. If you are looking for the latest technological advancements or multi-million dollar facilities, this may not be your first choice in schools. But if your top priorities are that your child's education be rooted in Biblical principles, that they be nurtured in a loving environment with small class sizes and one-on-one attention in a family atmosphere, then you don't need to look any further than OCS.

Posted March 12, 2010
My son has been attending OCS for 2 years an my family and I are very pleased. The teachers are very nice and are concerned about him. I love the coach because hes not only interested in the team playing and winning, but he is also concerned about their education.OCS is a home away from home. Anyone interested in a Christian School, OCS is the place to be.

Posted March 11, 2010
My son has been attending OCS for 2 years now and i could not be happier, the staff is wonderful and the school is a wonderful environment, compared to these schools nowadays where the kids all they do is hang out, i think the disciplanary actions are good and the mentoring as well, my son will continue at ocs until he graduates HS.

Posted November 18, 2008

Oldsmar Christian School 4

Posted August 30, 2008
I am a student at OCS, and have been for 10 years. The school is a wonderful school. The staff there are excellent. The teachers are wonderful and care very much for every single one of the students. OCS has a great sports program, our golf team has been undefeated and our Varsity Basketball has succeded very greatly and still is. There are a few flaws to our school, it is a run down school, a lot of the money and time goes to uneccessary things, and some other things, but over all that stuff it is a great school.

Oldsmar Christian School
650 Burbank Rd, Oldsmar, FL  34677
Last modified Oldsmar Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Oldsmar Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top