No rating

Monsignor Edward Pace High School

Private | 9-12 | 955 students

Living in Opa-locka

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $48,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,050.

Posted June 4, 2014

As a former student (Class of 1979) and the parent of 2 students that graduated in 2000 and 2003 as well as a current junior, I can honestly say that I would recommend this school to ANY parent looking for a stimulating, challenging education guided by Catholic Values. The teachers and administration are committed to making sure that the Catholic Faith is an intricate part of the daily curriculum all while challenging the children academically and socially. Respect for family, church and authority are an underlying them throughout the year and making sure that your children graduate and go on to a college education is highly encouraged. This school promotes Christian values and my two graduate children have gone on to successful careers - one as an attorney and the other a graphic designer. The lifelong friends that I and my children have made there are just the icing on the cake!! I totally recommend this school to any parent or student looking for a wonderful high school experience.

Posted January 14, 2014

I am currently a Junior attending Pace, and I can honestly say that this is a fantastic school. For once, I actually look forward to coming to school. The school offers a wide array of AP classes, and their honors program (Spartan Sword and Shield) is fantastic at pushing the most advanced students into getting a top of the line education so that they will be prepared for college. The school also offers many opportunities to get involved through clubs like Student Government and Leadership, but at the same time, doesn't force you to become involved, although the experience is much better when you are. I would strongly recommend Pace to anybody, especially somebody who wants to be involved and receive a great education.

Posted October 17, 2013

I attended this school 10 years ago, and I could not have asked for a better foundation and environment for some of the most formative years of my life. I graduated from Pace with 36 college credits, cutting out at least a year of my BA. While I chose to attend a public university in Florida, I was accepted to several prestigious universities in the northeast. I felt MORE THAN adequately prepared for college, and was able to complete my bachelors degree in 3 years. Aside from preparing me academically, while I was at Pace, I was excited to go to school. Learning is important, but high school shapes a large part of you, and being able to grow spiritually, socially, and culturally is of enormous importance when choosing a high school. I made connections in high school that have served me well throughout my career and life. By placing the focus on not just one area, Pace produces well-rounded individuals who are able to succeed in society, and who stand apart from others in the pack. In the last ten years, Pace has grown by leaps and bounds and continues to improve daily. I would highly recommend this school for anyone who wants a safe, enjoyable, enthusiastic, quality education.

Posted January 18, 2013

I am a former student who graduated eight years ago. Although I was in AP and honors classes through my four year at Pace, there was a lot I wish was different about the school. A top quality Catholic education and environment was not of importance to the school. Many, many of the teachers were not practicing Catholics. Participating in Masses were only left to an elite few. The leadership at the school was really embarrassing and it is sad that it remains the same as when I graduated. There was little respect for students from administration and the faculty, but I wouldn't blame it all on them...there were many disrespectful students who would make anyone lose faith in a structured and civil learning environment. One of the saddest things I can remember is that teachers had friendships with students outside of the school's walls. It's really not a quality school where I would want my child to receive an education from. I pray that parents take the time to learn about the culture, leadership, faith of the schools they are considering for their child and make prayerful decision because high school years are very important in shaping your child.

Posted January 13, 2013

I graduated from pace in 3 years ago. I'm glad I went here because I had a great time. That said, this school is not somewhere I'd recommend sending your child if you're looking for an academically challenging environment. Pace only offered a handful of AP classes. The students often slacked off in class and a few of the teachers were just sports coaches. It's strength is in its spanish classes and extracurriculars, like drama club and sports teams.

Posted September 18, 2012

My husband and i have two kids that graduated from Pace. As two people with a great focus in our lives on both education and catholic background I know even know that the school was the right choice for them. to this day they still talk about there wonderful experience. For two socially different children both academically challenged in spite of being both in AP level course I know they got their money's worth. In addition to being taught how to be socially aware and alma mater strong. Have 2 more in the wings but at least 8 years till they get there. Every school has some bad apples, but quite frankly i only know of 3 here. Luckily my kids worked around them.

Posted July 31, 2012

Pace is Amazing. I will never return to MAST after being transferred to Pace. Overall, Pace provides a great educational system.

Posted July 31, 2012

I absolutely love Pace. I had attempted to attend both the MAST ACADEMY in hialeah and the one in key biscayne. To be honest, they are both extremely horrible. The educational system is absolute garbage. I love Pace, and I am looking forward for the future.

Posted October 25, 2011

Since the open house for this school is coming soon, I feel responsible as a parent to prevent other parents from making the same mistake my husband and I made when we enrolled our child at Monsignor Edward Pace High School. The school is poor academically. Most of the teachers lack the knowledge and skills to create a challenging and encouraging environment with few exceptions such as Mrs. Celia Cabrera, a wonderful, caring and dedicated Spanish teacher who does an excellent job. Student s stimulation is based on personal favoritism instead of fairly evaluation of effort. Mathematics is the worst department where most of the teachers not only need improvement in the subject but also commitment to their jobs. The Worst Teacher Award would definitely go to Ms. Rosa Pou.

Posted July 7, 2011

In retrospect, Pace was a good experience. Socially, the school offers an encouraging environment. Everyone is included and encouraged to be involved. I cannot, however, give this school 5 stars. While I had some OUTSTANDING teachers at Pace, there were also some "lemons." Overall, the attention to education in the classroom does not measure up to the standards of the social family environment.

Posted December 4, 2010

I am currently a junior at Pace graduating in 2012 and I can honestly say I couldn't have picked a better high school to attend. Between the friends I've made, the teachers I've encountered and the outstanding grades I've been able to achieve, I just absolutely love this school. I HIGHLY recommend sending your child here it's a very family oriented catholic high school that will ensure your child to have made the right decision in going there. I will definitely be sending my children here in the future.

Posted September 18, 2009

It is an amazing, family oriented, Catholic School.

Posted September 16, 2009

Caring loving enriching environment

Posted January 23, 2009

This is outstanding my son is in 11 grade and we are very happy that wewere able to sent him to this school also we can't wait still are other son that is in five grade to be able to go to this school It's outstanding and wonderful school. Thank you

Posted July 24, 2008

I'm currently a student of Msgr Pace High, and am graduating this coming year as a part of the class of 2009. Honestly I could'nt be any happier or prouder of being a pace student. From the moment I stepped foot at Pace as a student, I felt as if I were part of a big family. The faculty and staff care about your safety and well being and do as much as they can to help you succeed. They always encourage you to do your best and to try your hardest. People say that sports and publicity are the school's main priority, when in fact its the student's education and advancement in life that is the school's main goal. The education is great, as are the teachers. Overall I love my school and I consider it to be one of the best high schools around regardless of what people say

Posted June 20, 2008

I am a Pace student (class of 2010) currently entering my junior year. This prestigious school seems to have a down to earth environment with teachers who inform us about the subjects at hand. For those who are interested in academics, the counselors and teachers are extremely helpful and always encourage the best out of the students. I believe if you are unhappy with a teacher s method of teaching, you should learn on your own. The tools are given to you (notebook and textbook). Other teachers are always willing to give a little help as well. For those who are interested in sports, we have an outstanding sports program. The cafeteria has good food. The students have a great selection of healthy food (salads, wraps, subs) as well as some not so healthy food (pizza, hamburgers). Though many activities have been restricted lately, our pep rallies will always remain the best! My only complaint is that I wish they would repaint or remodel the school (it is +50 years old). I truly am satisfied with this school.

Posted June 20, 2008

I am a student writing from actual experience walking in the halls. We are not only a school, but a community, a family of students gathered together to learn. I graduate in 2010, and I came to school in my freshamn year. I have never before felt part of a school as I do here. All my fellow students, are warm and are welcoming. Every school has its ups and downs. If you are there to learn, you will learn. I had plenty of teachers that taught there lessons and at the end of the day I had homework. Parents don't believe the lies you here. We are interested in sports, of course, but we don't make it our number one priority. The teachers their are caring and encourgaing. Our councilers are there to give advice whenever we need it. The food is good and the enviroment is enjoyable.

Posted March 11, 2008

If I had to do it all over again, I would definitley NOT send my children to this school. The focus is not education but publicity and money. Sports are thier main concern. There are very few teachers that actually are good and care. My son had a hard time his first year of College due to not getting the education I thought I was paying for him. Extra credit is given in most classes for attending sports events or bringing in money for charity drives. Save your money and send your kids to other schools that actually teach. Oh the kids will tell you they love this school because to them it's a party school!!!

Posted March 10, 2008

As a student attending pace high school, Im actually a transfer and I couldn't be happier...Since the day I entered this school I was more serious about school... Ofcoarse like every other school theres teachers that don't care and those that do ....as well as students that care and those that slack off...the school is overall great and I am enjoying my time there....and I recommend students to attend here....

Posted August 4, 2007

My sons go to this school and its great! go ahead go to pace! a++++++

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

• College prep programs/courses during the year
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • SAT/ACT prep classes
  • Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Ana Garcia
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer
  • Gym
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Miami

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges
College presentations or information sessions
SAT/ACT prep classes