Opa-locka, FL

Posted June 04, 2014
As a former student (Class of 1979) and the parent of 2 students that graduated in 2000 and 2003 as well as a current junior, I can honestly say that I would recommend this school to ANY parent looking for a stimulating, challenging education guided by Catholic Values. The teachers and administration are committed to making sure that the Catholic Faith is an intricate part of the daily curriculum all while challenging the children academically and socially. Respect for family, church and authority are an underlying them throughout the year and making sure that your children graduate and go on to a college education is highly encouraged. This school promotes Christian values and my two graduate children have gone on to successful careers - one as an attorney and the other a graphic designer. The lifelong friends that I and my children have made there are just the icing on the cake!! I totally recommend this school to any parent or student looking for a wonderful high school experience.

Posted January 14, 2014
I am currently a Junior attending Pace, and I can honestly say that this is a fantastic school. For once, I actually look forward to coming to school. The school offers a wide array of AP classes, and their honors program (Spartan Sword and Shield) is fantastic at pushing the most advanced students into getting a top of the line education so that they will be prepared for college. The school also offers many opportunities to get involved through clubs like Student Government and Leadership, but at the same time, doesn't force you to become involved, although the experience is much better when you are. I would strongly recommend Pace to anybody, especially somebody who wants to be involved and receive a great education.

Posted October 17, 2013
I attended this school 10 years ago, and I could not have asked for a better foundation and environment for some of the most formative years of my life. I graduated from Pace with 36 college credits, cutting out at least a year of my BA. While I chose to attend a public university in Florida, I was accepted to several prestigious universities in the northeast. I felt MORE THAN adequately prepared for college, and was able to complete my bachelors degree in 3 years. Aside from preparing me academically, while I was at Pace, I was excited to go to school. Learning is important, but high school shapes a large part of you, and being able to grow spiritually, socially, and culturally is of enormous importance when choosing a high school. I made connections in high school that have served me well throughout my career and life. By placing the focus on not just one area, Pace produces well-rounded individuals who are able to succeed in society, and who stand apart from others in the pack. In the last ten years, Pace has grown by leaps and bounds and continues to improve daily. I would highly recommend this school for anyone who wants a safe, enjoyable, enthusiastic, quality education.

Monsignor Edward Pace High School 3

Posted January 18, 2013
I am a former student who graduated eight years ago. Although I was in AP and honors classes through my four year at Pace, there was a lot I wish was different about the school. A top quality Catholic education and environment was not of importance to the school. Many, many of the teachers were not practicing Catholics. Participating in Masses were only left to an elite few. The leadership at the school was really embarrassing and it is sad that it remains the same as when I graduated. There was little respect for students from administration and the faculty, but I wouldn't blame it all on them...there were many disrespectful students who would make anyone lose faith in a structured and civil learning environment. One of the saddest things I can remember is that teachers had friendships with students outside of the school's walls. It's really not a quality school where I would want my child to receive an education from. I pray that parents take the time to learn about the culture, leadership, faith of the schools they are considering for their child and make prayerful decision because high school years are very important in shaping your child.

Monsignor Edward Pace High School 3

Posted January 13, 2013
I graduated from pace in 3 years ago. I'm glad I went here because I had a great time. That said, this school is not somewhere I'd recommend sending your child if you're looking for an academically challenging environment. Pace only offered a handful of AP classes. The students often slacked off in class and a few of the teachers were just sports coaches. It's strength is in its spanish classes and extracurriculars, like drama club and sports teams.

Posted September 18, 2012
My husband and i have two kids that graduated from Pace. As two people with a great focus in our lives on both education and catholic background I know even know that the school was the right choice for them. to this day they still talk about there wonderful experience. For two socially different children both academically challenged in spite of being both in AP level course I know they got their money's worth. In addition to being taught how to be socially aware and alma mater strong. Have 2 more in the wings but at least 8 years till they get there. Every school has some bad apples, but quite frankly i only know of 3 here. Luckily my kids worked around them.

Posted July 31, 2012
Pace is Amazing. I will never return to MAST after being transferred to Pace. Overall, Pace provides a great educational system.

Posted July 31, 2012
I absolutely love Pace. I had attempted to attend both the MAST ACADEMY in hialeah and the one in key biscayne. To be honest, they are both extremely horrible. The educational system is absolute garbage. I love Pace, and I am looking forward for the future.

Monsignor Edward Pace High School 1

Posted October 25, 2011
Since the open house for this school is coming soon, I feel responsible as a parent to prevent other parents from making the same mistake my husband and I made when we enrolled our child at Monsignor Edward Pace High School. The school is poor academically. Most of the teachers lack the knowledge and skills to create a challenging and encouraging environment with few exceptions such as Mrs. Celia Cabrera, a wonderful, caring and dedicated Spanish teacher who does an excellent job. Student s stimulation is based on personal favoritism instead of fairly evaluation of effort. Mathematics is the worst department where most of the teachers not only need improvement in the subject but also commitment to their jobs. The Worst Teacher Award would definitely go to Ms. Rosa Pou.

Monsignor Edward Pace High School 4

Posted July 07, 2011
In retrospect, Pace was a good experience. Socially, the school offers an encouraging environment. Everyone is included and encouraged to be involved. I cannot, however, give this school 5 stars. While I had some OUTSTANDING teachers at Pace, there were also some "lemons." Overall, the attention to education in the classroom does not measure up to the standards of the social family environment.

Monsignor Edward Pace High School
15600 Northwest 32nd Avenue, Opa-locka, FL  33054
Last modified Monsignor Edward Pace High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Monsignor Edward Pace High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top