636 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Lake Stevens Middle School is actually pretty great! For the seventh graders, there is a very awesome program called iPrep. It is a very good program and the teachers not only prepare you in the course of mathematics; they prepare you for life! They are super awesome. All in all, the teachers and councilers are very easy to talk you and some always let you know that they are here for you. They teach very well and if you don't like their work ethic, you still learn anyway! I love all the teachers because they do push me to thrive. I love Lake Stevens! -Student

Lake Stevens Middle is crazy. Some of the teachers do only enough to get by. I feel sorry for the students who don't understand that a good education is what is needed to get ahead. I withdrew my child this year. She is an honor student, her grades slipped, one teacher was intimidated by her because she reads, another allowed their class to watch tv during FCAT BECAUSE they had nothing else to do. I was comforted by principal who told me that that's the way it is at all MDCPS! Good Riddens

The teachers don't teach as they should and use unapporpriate language there. The children are not supervised as they should. I was waiting for my child when i saw a boy and a girl doing stuff they shouldn't in front of other people waiting for their kids as well. In the office there is no one who speaks my language (spanish) and i think they should have at least 3 people who speak spanish.

If you are thinking of sending your child to Lake Stevens Middle. Dont. The office staff brings a new definition to the word lazy. My son will be entering 7th grade at a new school and thanks to Lake Stevens as a failing student. He entered Lake Stevens as an A/B student. The transfer process on their end was completely inefficient and an overall horrible experience. But at least I have learned how to babysit adults.

The latest review that was posted stated "a school is as good as the teachers that are teaching there". I would like to add that other aspects were left out such as parents, students and the community. I am a proud teacher at Lake Stevens and I would like to highlight some of the positive things that go on at our school. If you come to the school you would see: 1. a modest garden that was a math project 2. Smartboards in every room with a new computer lab just for math. 3. students getting prepared for the New Generation Sunshine State Standards 4. students learning about their data 5. a PTA that is begging for more parental involvement to make our school stronger 6. things like a concert from Mindless Behavior trying to motivate our students to stay in school. 7. rewards for students that do well and incentives for students to do better. I cannot say that our school is perfect because our society is not perfect, but we try our best. I would recommend seeing our school and making your decision based on research and your personal observations. Also, I would like to invite you to become part of the solution rather than magnifying the problems.

A school is as good as the teachers that are teaching there. Lake Stevens Middle is a Jungle. Nobody cares for your child at that school...If you are working an o not have time for your child , chances are your child will become a failure at that school. No effort is made on the part of the school to really teach the children.

I am a parent of a 6th grader. The schools seems to be find, they just dont have enough positive activities for the kids to participate in. They need more activities to keep them positive, also they need more security nearby the school( at the bakery accross the street)

I think this school has evry thing a great school needs except the office and staff should come out a liittle more

I went there 5 years ago, and returned to visit my younger brother there. Aside from administration changes and the removal of Art, Band, and Home Ec. its still as horrible as it was when I attended. The school is full of teachers that could care less whether students apply themselves or even pass, the security is basically there for show and to make kids get tardy passes, and theres a lot of violence. I am a mild-mannered person, but managed to get into numerous fights to defend myself. Avoid this school at all costs.

i went to this school. its more of a 50/50 to me. the school barely has activities and that makes students want to skip school! i was a student 2 years ago, and it was not all that! i wish i had a more fun and enjoying experience. but it was not all that bad

Last modified Lake Stevens Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.