Lake Stevens Middle School 3

Posted May 23, 2014
Lake Stevens Middle School is actually pretty great! For the seventh graders, there is a very awesome program called iPrep. It is a very good program and the teachers not only prepare you in the course of mathematics; they prepare you for life! They are super awesome. All in all, the teachers and councilers are very easy to talk you and some always let you know that they are here for you. They teach very well and if you don't like their work ethic, you still learn anyway! I love all the teachers because they do push me to thrive. I love Lake Stevens! -Student

Posted July 20, 2012
Lake Stevens Middle is crazy. Some of the teachers do only enough to get by. I feel sorry for the students who don't understand that a good education is what is needed to get ahead. I withdrew my child this year. She is an honor student, her grades slipped, one teacher was intimidated by her because she reads, another allowed their class to watch tv during FCAT BECAUSE they had nothing else to do. I was comforted by principal who told me that that's the way it is at all MDCPS! Good Riddens

Posted November 07, 2011
The teachers don't teach as they should and use unapporpriate language there. The children are not supervised as they should. I was waiting for my child when i saw a boy and a girl doing stuff they shouldn't in front of other people waiting for their kids as well. In the office there is no one who speaks my language (spanish) and i think they should have at least 3 people who speak spanish.

Posted June 24, 2011
If you are thinking of sending your child to Lake Stevens Middle. Dont. The office staff brings a new definition to the word lazy. My son will be entering 7th grade at a new school and thanks to Lake Stevens as a failing student. He entered Lake Stevens as an A/B student. The transfer process on their end was completely inefficient and an overall horrible experience. But at least I have learned how to babysit adults.

Lake Stevens Middle School 4

Posted November 25, 2010
The latest review that was posted stated "a school is as good as the teachers that are teaching there". I would like to add that other aspects were left out such as parents, students and the community. I am a proud teacher at Lake Stevens and I would like to highlight some of the positive things that go on at our school. If you come to the school you would see: 1. a modest garden that was a math project 2. Smartboards in every room with a new computer lab just for math. 3. students getting prepared for the New Generation Sunshine State Standards 4. students learning about their data 5. a PTA that is begging for more parental involvement to make our school stronger 6. things like a concert from Mindless Behavior trying to motivate our students to stay in school. 7. rewards for students that do well and incentives for students to do better. I cannot say that our school is perfect because our society is not perfect, but we try our best. I would recommend seeing our school and making your decision based on research and your personal observations. Also, I would like to invite you to become part of the solution rather than magnifying the problems.

Lake Stevens Middle School 0

Posted April 12, 2010
A school is as good as the teachers that are teaching there. Lake Stevens Middle is a Jungle. Nobody cares for your child at that school...If you are working an o not have time for your child , chances are your child will become a failure at that school. No effort is made on the part of the school to really teach the children.

Lake Stevens Middle School 3

Posted December 15, 2009

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted July 12, 2009

Posted April 16, 2009

Lake Stevens Middle School
18484 Northwest 48th Place, Opa-locka, FL  33055
Last modified Lake Stevens Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Stevens Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top