Posted May 29, 2014
University High school has been amazing. My high schooler loves his teachers and we feel he is very safe there. If you're kid is good and not a trouble maker you will love this school. The principal doesn't play so if your kid is a bad apple you would give the school a bad review rather than address your parenting issues.

Posted May 29, 2014
Awesome school. Very happy! Great variety of courses and clubs. The teachers seem fun and enthusiastic.

University High School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
It's a complete joke. Very unorganized. Students are never involved like how a high school should be. Not only students are disrespect, but also staff. If you want to more about the school it is constantly on the news for something. I would never send another child here again. Rules are not enforced at all

University High School 4

Posted December 18, 2013
There are a couple issues that could use some improvement. First, having all of the students in one lunch period is awful. The cafeteria doesn't have enough seating and my child ends up eating a lunch that they brought from home outside on the ground like an animal. The other issue is the Spanish teacher. She neglects to grade the kids' assignments and thus my child is always showing an F in her class. She rambles on for the entire class period and will spring an assignment on them in the last 3 minutes of class, expecting them to copy down 26 sentences in 3 minutes. She doesn't cover the material that she tests them on, and instead spends the classroom time telling stories and goofing off. She will give an assignment and not hand out a rubric or tell the kids what she wants. Then she will turn around and give them an F because they didn't follow the guidelines....the ones she never gave them. My child has a 4.0 GPA and wanted to take 4 years of Spanish. Now that they have spent 1/2 of a year with this teacher, they are going to take other electives next year. She's probably a nice person, but not every nice person has the skills to be a teacher.

Posted May 06, 2013
I love that the school keeps me informed by calling our house and leaving messages. I know when my sons report cards or progress reports come out. I also like that they let us know about any events that are happening at the school. There are plenty of sports for my son to try out for and get a change to participate in. I read another review saying they like the one lunch but I feel 2500 plus students eating at one time is too crowded. Or at least that's what my son says. I love that they have a website so I can contact the teachers and see their weekly plans, and I love pinnacle so I can check my sons progress on a daily basis if I wanted to. So far a great experience over the past 3 years he has been going to the school.

Posted February 10, 2013
Great school. The one lunch period is wonderful for students being able to meet with teachers and go to clubs. The one thing that I would change would be to hire more teachers for many classes including important electives such as art and music. The large class sizes make it difficult to give individual attention and instruction.

University High School 4

Posted April 26, 2012
Growing pains during the first year hopefully weeded out any issues. This 2nd year is proving to be better than last years opening. Many students have received scholarships. There are so many things available to my child that we didn't have when I attended high school. All of the academies and other programs offer gold seal scholarships when they complete the programs. You can learn guitar, how to work and cook in culinary fields, learn finance classes so students know how to invest and budget, and stem programs. They even opened a working bank in the school that my son opened an account. I love the school and the teachers and staff have been great to me. There are many opportunities for students if they just take advantage of them. I just wish we had our own stadium with lighting to bring further spirit to the school. Of course with any school there are some bad teachers (didn't we go through that in high school too?) but overall I have been extremely happy.

Posted March 18, 2011
Since this is a new school there were some growing pains to get everything up and running at the first of the year. However, I have been very impressed with the leadership and staff at the school. My son is in Honors classes and has some special needs and I can easily contact the teachers with issues and they have been very responsive. I have heard of minimal problems with bad behavior or criminal issues and it is a very safe school. I am impressed with the first year of operation and would recommend this school.

University High School
1000 West Rhode Island Avenue, Orange City, FL  32763
Last modified University High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
University High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top