631 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

Orange City Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2013
I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE OVERALL RATING THE SCHOOL CONTINUES TO RECIEVE. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO BETTER. EVERY TEACHER I HAVE MET SEEMS INVOLVED, THIS IS GREAT. BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO THINK THE PLAN IS WRONG.

Orange City Elementary School 2

Posted August 12, 2012
In the 5 years, I've been associated with this school, it has been on a downhill slide. Not sure what the problem is. Some of it is teachers, but not all. MOST of the teachers I've encountered were fine. The few that weren't shouldn't even be teaching, there or anywhere else. I do believe, though it is going to be a great year this year, because of the awesome person who has been made principal. I believe there will be a lot of changes for the better.

Posted September 05, 2011
the teachers do a wonderful job and all of my kids really like this school,

Orange City Elementary School 2

Posted April 19, 2010
I have been a teacher at Orange City Elementary School for 30 years.I have taught generations of families.I believe in the community, teachers,staff all who share in the education of the children...

Posted October 14, 2009
I love this school!! I love the teachers that my girls have!! They are both awesome!! The Principal, although I haven't got a chance to meet...I see her all the time, and she always has a smile on her face!!

Orange City Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2009
I have a child in this school and while I absoultely adore her teacher, the administration leaves a lot to be desired. As a special needs family we require special attention (child especially). This WAS given at her previous school and is not being given at this school. A simple attention paid to details and compassion would go a long way, however this is not done. What is the difference between the two schools? I will say the previous school was Osteen Elementary and I can say that OCES can learn quite a bit from OES.

Posted April 17, 2007
I am a grandmother with boys in kindergarten and 4th grade. Both of the boys love school and don't want to miss a day. I am amazed every day with what they have learned. The teachers they have are caring, knowledgeable, have skilful teaching methods and a love for teaching. I would not think of removing the boys from this school!

Posted September 24, 2006
Our daughter is in third grade at OCES. Every year we have had great teachers. The teachers have been very open to the parent involvement. Teachers take time to answer any questions you have on a daily basis. We are having a great experience with OCES. There is one thing I do not agree on. In the past at award ceremonies, not all children are given recognition in doing the best that they can. I think that all children should be given some kind of award for their accomplishments. Mrs. Turner

Orange City Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2006
Teachers are very caring. Low staff turn over. My son enjoyed every day of school.

Posted February 25, 2006
Orange City Elementary School has an ideal learning environment and great community feeling. I love the teachers and staff. Its a great place to send your child.

Orange City Elementary School
555 East University Avenue, Orange City, FL  32763
Last modified Orange City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.