420 students|Clay

Bad
Good

Clay Virtual Academy 4

Posted June 25, 2014
Clay Virtual Academy has shown to be much better than the public schools in Oakleaf. My daughter has improved a great deal and the teachers are available, responsive, helpful and tough on standards and testing. They are also available for tutoring on site at OP HIgh School for extended one on one teaching. Can you get that at the school? No. The courses are identical to the "brick and mortar" schools and often have additional courses. The virtual academy offers the same materials without the hassles of transportation, snooty office staff, bullying and a stressful lunch time activity. It's a much better alternative and well worth it for those who choose other options. The other complainers are either confused, angry or had other expectations. CVA is growing every year and its students are doing well.

Clay Virtual Academy 1

Posted April 14, 2014
I am a very concerned parent! Clay County Schools really suck and we have people in the school board that really could give a HOOT about you and your child. I have had issues from the get go with these schools and nobody seems to care! to make a long story short we decided after some troubles to check into Clay Virtual Academy. Had horrible experiences there. I have a daughter who is very gifted promised things never got them. Have another daughter who has Autism and was kicked out for no reason at all. ESE for the county will be of no help to you and she will probably tell you like she told me that we were a tourist attraction and we were not to look into other schools. Teachers, principles,staff,and school board members are of no help and If you ask me I would NOT put your child in CVA and If you can home school that is the best thing for you to do. Iunfort. do not have a choice and I am struggling but for now that is all I can do. If you have a child or children that have a 504 or IEP Def. DOn't PUT THEM IN HERE you will be told to leave for sure. They take you in and get your funding them WHAM! You are out! No responses from teachers nothing I give this school a 0!

Clay Virtual Academy 1

Posted April 11, 2014
My child was a student with them for 2 years. The classes were not concurrent with the testing by the state. (EX: FCAT) before this program my child scored very well on state mandated test. after this program her scores ( not to mention her attitude towards school) dropped. Teachers are Horrible and uncaring as well as the staff. My child uses another virtual program and is under the supervision of Clay Virtual. She loves the new program but with Clay being involved Her core classes are still below grade level. The staff lied to us about the other program saying they would not send text book and she would have no teachers to reach out to. She has both. I would not reccomend this program to any parent. As the staff how to spell HORRIBLE!

Clay Virtual Academy 2

Posted January 09, 2014
I'm in the 12th grade and I feel like I'm in the 7th. The work feels below my grade. The teachers are nice and helpful but contact with them is limited. I don't like this school at all. I feel very much in the dark about how it all works. They didn't tell me that they change the passwords every 90 days, and it took over a month to get anyone to answer my emails concerning me not being able to access the website. (I could always access FLVS though.) They also didn't tell me when the semester was starting, my brother found out the day of via an email response which took a week for him to receive. Also the math program is awful. The instructions they give are so very limited and it takes hours to decipher how to answer the problems. When I took the county-issued semester exam, I got an F. The material on the test was hardly the material we had been studying. And the format of the questions was completely different. I'm frustrated because this school seems to not care at all about its students. Communication is almost 0. The teachers are fine, but the school and program as wholes are not good. I wish I was home schooled again.

Clay Virtual Academy 2

Posted January 09, 2014
I am in the eleventh grade and on my second semester in CVA. I am not impressed with the website's functionality or the staff. Not to say they don't work hard; because they do, I just mean that a lot assignments go ungraded for days, emails get answered a week too late, and instructions for learning are vague or have little to no coherency. The password for the site expires every 90 days; which is fine, but not if the proper email are not sent to everyone that is effected. Communication seems to be a very difficult thing for this school to grasp, and excuse me for being frank, but, a five year old could communicate better.

Clay Virtual Academy
2306 Kingsley Avenue, Orange Park, FL  32073
Last modified Clay Virtual Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.