No rating

Orange Park Christian Academy

Private | K-12

Student diversity

Living in Orange Park

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $100,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $860.

Posted December 28, 2007

We removed our child from here 2 1/2 years ago because of declining teacher quality and administration problems. My child attended this school 10 years and had all hopes of graduating from here.

Posted August 8, 2007

I have had children in this school one from PK4 through 8th and another from 2nd through 11th grade. I have watched this school go from a wonderful school to one who has failed both the parents and students. It is so sad to see what was once such a respected school decline. I have moved my children and only wish I had done so last year. The new person brought in last year did not help at all and again parent were left out of the loop. I hope it will get back on track with qualified teachers and administration.

Posted July 12, 2006

Our child has attented OPCA since K-5.Entering the 5TH grade this year our child continues to grow in mind and spirit and maintains a grade of 100 in Bible and is A B honor roll student. Our child maintains very high scores on the SATs and is a Florida Junior Society Student.This has been a very safe and secure school. Yes, there have been internal problems, that are changing and all new teachers have been hired with the exception of maybe two or three and those two or three are superb teachers and wonderful christians.The parents are becoming more involved this has never been mandatory at OPCA ,like other schools that require parents to donate x amount of hours maybe it should be. The school has undergone some face lift this summer.Christian love and education remain the priority at this school.God has heard our prayers. Praise be to God.

Posted July 12, 2006

Completely new leadership in place with a completely new committment to excellence. No first year teachers either, all have at least four years experience teaching. And for the first time the school will have its own school board comprised of staff and parents.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted May 16, 2006

OPCA has been great for the past several years. This past year has been different. Problems from the sponsoring church down have made parents flee in droves. The teachers have support but the administration does not.

Posted April 25, 2006

O.K. for elementary, but I would talk to parents of high schoolers before enrolling in secondary.

Posted January 11, 2006

My child attended OPCA in 9th and 10th grade. My child loved the school but I did not. I did not feel the academics were where they needed to be and they fell short of what they promoted. The sports program was in bad shape. They had limited sports to offer for various ages such as junior high--junior varsity--varsity.

Posted June 23, 2005

My child has attended this school for three years. She is improving and has made great strides. My concern is this there the school has lost alot of students. There seems to be a lack of good teachers and the principal dosn't want to answer parent concerns. The elementry school is great, however the high school lacks direction.

Posted March 17, 2005

OPCA currently is experiencing a lack of leadership. There are very limited extracurricular activities and the school campus is poorly maintained. Teacher quality is inconsistent throughout. There are great teachers, and some teachers lack experience and the spirituality expected from a Christian school. It is almost a gamble to remain from year to year.

Posted May 19, 2004

I think this is a great school. Great security. Great school.

Posted May 11, 2004

I am looking to send my child here next year and have heard nothing but great things about this academy.

Posted February 23, 2004

The students attending this school have excellent examples of Christian character exhibited in the teachers and the school staff.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Assembly of God
Associations
  • ACSI
  • ACTS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious