Orange Park, FL
Students enrolled: 1,022

Posted September 10, 2013
Kindergarten was fantastic! My daughter's first grade teacher has set the benchmark for all other teachers in her life so far. I wish I could name her here, because she deserves the recognition. Second grade was good, too, but often I felt that my daughter, heck, the whole class were an afterthought to one of her two teachers. One was clearly dedicated, too bad she only taught two days a week. The other teacher didn't seem to be able to remember the students' names, nor to spell them correctly. She seemed to frequently forget things, like rewards the kids had earned, things that were planned, and notices sent home were often late. I am sure my child is pretty well prepared for third grade, but I have to admit that I was disappointed in this teacher's seeming lack of interest in her students.

Posted May 06, 2013
Thunderbolt is an excellent school. My son has attended from Grade 1 through 3. All the teachers are dedicated to their students. The teachers go over and above their job descriptions daily. I found my son to be challenged by the work in the class. Ms. Phillips, the principal, is very involved in the students activities but also maintains excellent discipline in the school.

Posted February 10, 2013
I cannot say enough amazing things as a parent of 3 children who have attended this school for 5 years. I had always been impressed as a parent by the teachers, administration and support staff, but for the last two years I have been able to be on the other side as a substitute and the commitment , energy, passion and level of dedication these teachers provide is top notch! Parents are involved and welcomed in this school, a balance of making learning fun with structure and rules are enforced. Highly qualified teachers who do not stop working when that bell rings. I am sad we will have to leave this amazing school and community for a few years. For such a large school, it is a "small" school atmosphere and we have cherished every moment and the impact it has made for our children!

Posted May 11, 2012
School is Awesome. Great Parent Participation. Parents are encouraged to get involved. Teachers are overall great. Challenging kids to excel. Focus on Reading Reading Reading to improve comprehension skills for grades K through 4 so far from what I can tell. I have a 2nd grader and 4th grader and have been there since K. Principal (Ms. Phillips) is great. Highly visible, speaks to kids and parents and is not solely in the office like some principals.

Thunderbolt Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Three of my grandaughters go to this school and it is so efficiently run. I watch them grow mentally as well as physically. This school deserves the money because it is such a highly respected and rated school.

Posted September 04, 2009
Great school to take children to that is located in a family-oriented and safe area! The teaching staff are supportive, kind, and helpful! It's a nice place to take your child to and know that they will receive the best academic challenges in a safe and orgainzed school! Highly recommend!

Posted September 04, 2009
A great 2009-2010 year so far! I am throughly impressed with how well organized the school staff and with all the school's activity/family activities are conducted. The teachers are kind, attentive, and supportive. This school is located in a very supportive, safe, family-oriented area. Thunderbolt has a positive, motivating atmosphere that would bare well for any child. It's a school that could encourage a child to reach his or her full potential. Highly recommended!

Posted August 05, 2009

Thunderbolt Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2009
This school does push academics. The pick up and drop off stations were atrocious last year (07-08), but much better this year since they had the grounds redone. I think 40% of the teachers and staff are there to be a part of the children's education and really care for the children's future and well-being. I also believe 60% of the rest of the teachers and staff have a cold, staunch demeanor and . This 60% are napproachable and appear to be unfeeling and non-caring. Also, the ethnic diversity of the school population is minimal and my child has been subjected to bullying by the children and selective reprehensible treatment from the teachers. They look upon us unfavorably because we are not the ethnic race they wish dominated their school only. We truly feel like outcasts at this school and we are seriously considering relocating.

Posted May 31, 2009

Thunderbolt Elementary School
2020 Thunderbolt Rd, Orange Park, FL  32003
Last modified Thunderbolt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thunderbolt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top