PK, 9-12|Public district
1,565 students|Clay

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted November 23, 2015
If you are white and athletic you will have a better chance of winning the lottery than gaining any further experience in your sport. The coaches are arrogant. If you think being consistently on the honor will make a difference, you are sadly mistaken, Teachers lose homework assignments, tests, and other papers then give the student a zero for the assignment the incompetent teacher lost. Doesn’t exactly encourage students to do their best.

Orange Park High School 2

Posted August 17, 2014
Appalling to see students go around hallway shouting obscenities and blatantly disobeying dress code rules. Many students loiter hours after classes ends, most likely because they live out of zone in Duval and parents falsify addresses so they don't have to attend Westside (formerly Forrest), though OP ain't much better. Students and teachers vary. If you're in an advanced or honors class, you'd be OK, but if you're in regular classes, good luck. Some students are decent people, but a majority of them are disrespectful brats that don't want to learn. They blatantly disrespect teachers and harass classmates. When administrators come in to reprimand them and the students laugh at them. They get two stars because despite the lack of discipline, most teachers show that they care about students and try (though not always successfully) to teach them.

Posted July 18, 2014
To be blunt, I hated this school. I felt in my years there that my education was not a priority for OPHS. They sure do care about the 'education' of their student athletes, however! I had a few amazing teachers at my time at OPHS. Most of my teachers really didn't care. My peers were absolutley rude as well. We built like 10 new building that aren't in use, but our classrooms have broken AC and or are falling apart. Classes don't have paper to print things on, but good to know we bought 2 plasma screen to replace the TVS in the cafeteria (that were in perfectly good, working condition). If I were a parent, I would find a different school for my child.

Orange Park High School 3

Posted May 22, 2013
Our son is finishing his sophomore year. With the exception of only 1 or 2 teachers over the past 2 years, they genuinely seem to care about the children and want all to succeed.

Posted September 12, 2012
I must let you know the truth about the exceptional education department. I have never met a less caring bunch of unprofessional teachers in my life. My child was encouraged to drop out on a daily basis... She was humiliated by teachers.... and when she asked for help with her academics she was ignored.

Orange Park High School 4

Posted June 29, 2012
Our son just finished his freshman year and loves OPHS. There are some really great teachers and then there are those who do not seem to care as much and do not push the students. Principal leadership is excellent. If you want your child to succeed, be prepared to be involved as a parent.

Orange Park High School 5

Posted October 18, 2011
My son's teachers and guidance counselor are all involved and seem to genuinely have the best interest of the students at heart. This is his second year at OPHS, and we have had 99% positive experiences with this school so far. The staff is extremely sharp - once I witnessed a student depart the school campus between classes, and a staff member in a golfcart tracked her down within minutes in order to ensure she had a legitimate reason for leaving. It made me feel very safe having my son in this staff's hands, knowing they are willing to go the extra mile to reach out to our children, in the event a poor decision is made. Thank-you OPHS!

Posted August 02, 2010
this school definitely needs an upgrade i feel as though this school doesnt have as much as the other schools around it so therefor i give it one star and im going to be there for my second yr and is not happy at all.

Posted June 13, 2009
I have had 3 attend this school . 2 have graduated. Drama and an inner city atmosphere does exist. Tardy hall was an easy escape from the classroom;last year students wandered the halls during classtime on a regular basis. School rules seemed to have tighten this year. I feel,unless you are in honors or AP classes, the children are not challenged enough. Homework and/or in depth projects or papers are rarely assigned. My youngest doesn't feel the need to study for exams because his teachers either give them open book tests or go over the exam before hand. The counseling department is efficient and student driven as one would expect from a large school. Your child just has to be lucky enough to be assigned to the right one and find time to go during school hours. Forget about buying your lunch the wait eats up all of your lunch period.

Posted March 29, 2009
Treasure Pickett is the best!!! She has made this mediocre school so much better. Great job!!

2300 Kingsley Avenue, Orange Park, FL  32073
Last modified Orange Park High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.