Orange Park, FL

S Bryan Jennings Elementary School 1

Posted October 29, 2014
The teachers and staff have done everything they can to keep my kid from class ... and he just started kindergareten ,,, Now they are forcing me to take him to another school all together so they dont have to deal with him

S Bryan Jennings Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2014
This school was very disappointing. The teachers do not individualize the student's learning and every child has to conform to the student who needs the most assistance. End of the year ceremonies were in jeopardy as "the students who do not receive awards may feel bad." At a school event one evening, parents were smoking in the hallways and were very rude during the children's performance to the point the children could not be heard. This behavior was tolerated by administration. I am relieved my children will no longer have to attend this school.

Posted October 17, 2013
I have 2 kids that currently attend this school. My daughter is in1st grade, my son is in 5th grade. I must say I am very disappointed in this school. There aren't enough character space for me to list all my disappointed. The experience my family and I have of this school since our kids started going here last year 2012 hasn't been a good one. The only positive thing I can say is that the assistant principal is great. Anytime I had a concern I always would speak to her instead of the principal. She in my opinion handled my concerns and I appreciated that. But that is not enough for my kids to attend next school year. So they will not return back to S.Bryan Jennings Elementary.

Posted June 29, 2010
I have found the communication at the school to be a bit lacking. I will get something sent home about a field trip, event or summer program and it will be missing all sorts of information. This happened numerous times in the year. Everytime I need to call to get more infomation. The office is very helpful though. The other issue that I have is volunteering. My husband and I both filled the volunteer form out at the beginning of the year and specifically told the teacher we were interested in participating in any way possible. We did not receive a call or note the entire year. I spoke with other parents that said the same thing. Volunteers can be such a great resource (more than a chaperone on a field trip): career day, parties, reading to the kids, projects, field day, etc.

Posted March 24, 2010
My son is in the 6th grade at SBJ. He has attended this school since he was in kindergarten. I have always been very pleased with the school and the staff has always been willing to go out of their way to assist and help with my child's education. This is a wonderful school !!!

S Bryan Jennings Elementary School 2

Posted August 31, 2009
The School and faculty are absolutely wonderful, However I am 'VERY' unhappy with the Principal Mr. Archibald. I am a parent of a child with learning disabilities. In the past two years we have had several issues with BULLYING on the school bus, and at school. Mr Archibald has been of no help to us, and always makes me feel like I am the offender, rather than the parent of the victim of bullying. Well, I now take my son to school and burn my own gas, instead of him having to take the bus and be harassed The few times my son has stuck up for himself he has been called to the office and was reprimanded. The reason I haven't switched schools is because my son has a trust between himself and his teachers. My sons teachers are exceptional, but I am NOT a fan of double standards!

Posted January 23, 2009

Posted August 22, 2007

Posted May 14, 2006
SBJ has been great with their academic programs. The school has quality teachers. Parent involvement is average. Extracurricular activities are available. The student to teacher ratio is low which is an avantage to both the teacher and the student. The teachers do show that they care about their students academics.

Posted May 08, 2006
I am so greatful to have my daughter in this school. Its her first year and I thought since she didnt go to preschool until she was 4 almost 5 and that she was shy would hurt her in school. But I was so blessed to have the teacher that she did. Her teacher took time out to get to know her and I am amazed at how much she has learned. They are very good with everything from beginning to end. Especially since I work full time and can't always be there for her, I am glad to know that I can communicate with the teacher in email as well. I am so happy that she is doing so well and will continue to do so. Her teacher even picked out next years teacher based on my daughters needs.

S Bryan Jennings Elementary School
215 Corona Drive, Orange Park, FL  32073
Last modified S Bryan Jennings Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
S Bryan Jennings Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top