Orange Park, FL
After care: No

Posted October 09, 2013
This is our daughters second year at LSJH and we love it! We chose this school for many reasons and have been very satisfied with the out come. The staff is great, we have never had a problem with any of them and they have been very helpful. My daughter was recommended to take a advanced math class by one teacher for the following year. A few weeks into the school year, they noticed that they needed to change her because she just wasnt ready for the advancement. I was very greatful because they caught this and saved her from failing. My daughter is an A/B honor roll student. Thank you Lakeside for all you do!

Posted October 05, 2013
It's disappointing to see reviews of parents who have posted recently, but list the names of teachers who have been gone for years. I teach at Lakeside, but also sent two of my own children through the school. I have never encountered a group of teachers more committed to helping students succeed regardless of their status. This is a great school.

Lakeside Junior High School 1

Posted April 27, 2012
If you have a gifted or high IQ child, this is NOT the school for you. The best teachers are Mr. Hermes and Mr. Wilson, both gifted. The English department sends home notes with simple words like "education" misspelled and forget science. The Art Department, however, if still run by Mrs. Hollowell is OUTSTANDING. If you are in Fleming Island, the bus ride is a nightmare, no air and a 30 minute transport. I only met the principal our second year there and thought he was thee P.E. coach. He never goes to any award ceremonies or puts himself out for the parents. I still do not know who the vice-principal is. If this is your only choice, I am sorry for you. Children and mixed from areas other than Fleming Island and the result is less than desirable. Teachers only teach for the FCAT and as we are nearing our Junior year, the colleges do not care at all about FCAT results - only ACT and SAT results. Lots of lost time for teaching.

Lakeside Junior High School 1

Posted April 26, 2012
I don't know how any of you guys give this a 9 star rating. What year was this? Because this school is very disappointing. Some teachers need to be more professional. Teachers need to keep their hands and thoughts to themselves. Approach the student,talk to the parents and not be so rude. I am so glad my child is going to a private school next year. At least I know my money is not being wasted on these so called teachers!

Lakeside Junior High School 3

Posted February 23, 2009
this school has excllent teachers and some great kids

Posted July 24, 2008
This school is ten times better than the catholic school I attended for several years and I feel that if I would have gone through junior high in catholic I would have missed out on an excellent education from teachers who really care. You got two thumbs up from Angela if that means anything to anyone.

Lakeside Junior High School 4

Posted September 15, 2007

Posted September 14, 2007
it was great they tought my kid everything

Posted October 15, 2006
I am a student at lakeside this year and I was last year. I don't know how anyone could turn this school down. The teachers are very nice and will help you in any way they can. The sports programs are very good. I'm trying out for soccer this week. This is the best school in Clay County.

Lakeside Junior High School 4

Posted January 16, 2006
Like most junior highs, students will do well if they are prepared to take accountability for their work. If your child is not ready to be entirely responsible for his/her work, I'd look for another school. While several of my daughter's teachers kept in regular touch and told us she was failing or near failing, several others waited until we took the initiative to schedule a meeting. Very large school. Easy for kids who are shy or lack good social skills to get lost. On the other hand, lots of classes and activities to choose from.

Lakeside Junior High School
2750 Moody Avenue, Orange Park, FL  32073
Last modified Lakeside Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeside Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top