844 students|Clay

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

As a parent, I have had one child go through this school very prepared for high school and another currently enrolled. I have been nothing but pleased with the level of rigor and compassion that comes from the teachers at this school. The teachers care about the whole child rather than what they will be tested on by the state. Students are challenged with the belief that all students can learn when expectations are high. Thank you for all that you do for the children at Lakeside.

Develops character: Neutral

If it doesn't expect honesty and integrity in its staff it cannot develop it in students. That is not to say the school doesn't have great teachers. The band teacher is among the best I have ever encountered as a parent for 26yrs with children who went to this school previously and another still there. Music class teacher is amazing.

This school as so many others depends on staff and administration on whether or not it is good or great. Average experience dealing with a serious issue and the brand new principal. No empathy, rather judgemental. Willing to hire support staff that bullies parents and kids. Would rather you sue them than handle an issue. Clay County School District is not well served by Ms Studdard. Or Superintendent Van Zant unfortunately. Both are elected position so be sure to vote.

This is our daughters second year at LSJH and we love it! We chose this school for many reasons and have been very satisfied with the out come. The staff is great, we have never had a problem with any of them and they have been very helpful. My daughter was recommended to take a advanced math class by one teacher for the following year. A few weeks into the school year, they noticed that they needed to change her because she just wasnt ready for the advancement. I was very greatful because they caught this and saved her from failing. My daughter is an A/B honor roll student. Thank you Lakeside for all you do!

It's disappointing to see reviews of parents who have posted recently, but list the names of teachers who have been gone for years. I teach at Lakeside, but also sent two of my own children through the school. I have never encountered a group of teachers more committed to helping students succeed regardless of their status. This is a great school.

If you have a gifted or high IQ child, this is NOT the school for you. The best teachers are Mr. Hermes and Mr. Wilson, both gifted. The English department sends home notes with simple words like "education" misspelled and forget science. The Art Department, however, if still run by Mrs. Hollowell is OUTSTANDING. If you are in Fleming Island, the bus ride is a nightmare, no air and a 30 minute transport. I only met the principal our second year there and thought he was thee P.E. coach. He never goes to any award ceremonies or puts himself out for the parents. I still do not know who the vice-principal is. If this is your only choice, I am sorry for you. Children and mixed from areas other than Fleming Island and the result is less than desirable. Teachers only teach for the FCAT and as we are nearing our Junior year, the colleges do not care at all about FCAT results - only ACT and SAT results. Lots of lost time for teaching.

I don't know how any of you guys give this a 9 star rating. What year was this? Because this school is very disappointing. Some teachers need to be more professional. Teachers need to keep their hands and thoughts to themselves. Approach the student,talk to the parents and not be so rude. I am so glad my child is going to a private school next year. At least I know my money is not being wasted on these so called teachers!

this school has excllent teachers and some great kids

This school is ten times better than the catholic school I attended for several years and I feel that if I would have gone through junior high in catholic I would have missed out on an excellent education from teachers who really care. You got two thumbs up from Angela if that means anything to anyone.

Last modified Lakeside Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.