Orange Park, FL
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Posted October 05, 2013
It's disappointing to see reviews of parents who have posted recently, but list the names of teachers who have been gone for years. I teach at Lakeside, but also sent two of my own children through the school. I have never encountered a group of teachers more committed to helping students succeed regardless of their status. This is a great school.

Posted April 27, 2012
If you have a gifted or high IQ child, this is NOT the school for you. The best teachers are Mr. Hermes and Mr. Wilson, both gifted. The English department sends home notes with simple words like "education" misspelled and forget science. The Art Department, however, if still run by Mrs. Hollowell is OUTSTANDING. If you are in Fleming Island, the bus ride is a nightmare, no air and a 30 minute transport. I only met the principal our second year there and thought he was thee P.E. coach. He never goes to any award ceremonies or puts himself out for the parents. I still do not know who the vice-principal is. If this is your only choice, I am sorry for you. Children and mixed from areas other than Fleming Island and the result is less than desirable. Teachers only teach for the FCAT and as we are nearing our Junior year, the colleges do not care at all about FCAT results - only ACT and SAT results. Lots of lost time for teaching.

Posted April 26, 2012
I don't know how any of you guys give this a 9 star rating. What year was this? Because this school is very disappointing. Some teachers need to be more professional. Teachers need to keep their hands and thoughts to themselves. Approach the student,talk to the parents and not be so rude. I am so glad my child is going to a private school next year. At least I know my money is not being wasted on these so called teachers!

Posted May 20, 2009

Lakeside Junior High School 3

Posted February 23, 2009
this school has excllent teachers and some great kids

Posted July 24, 2008
This school is ten times better than the catholic school I attended for several years and I feel that if I would have gone through junior high in catholic I would have missed out on an excellent education from teachers who really care. You got two thumbs up from Angela if that means anything to anyone.

Posted December 11, 2007

Lakeside Junior High School 4

Posted September 15, 2007
They have a great gifted program

Posted September 14, 2007
it was great they tought my kid everything

Posted July 12, 2007

Lakeside Junior High School
2750 Moody Avenue, Orange Park, FL  32073
Last modified Lakeside Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeside Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top