Orange Park, FL

Posted April 02, 2014
The teachers and staff are among the best. My grandkids love the school and teachers. The 2nd and 3rd program they had was outstanding. It takes a special type of person to be a teacher or staff dealing with kids at this age. Thank you teachers and staff.

Posted April 20, 2011
They are all about the students and helping them succeed. Ive never seen a public school that cares as much for their students as the staff at LES.

Posted October 11, 2010
The communication between teachers and parents is excellant. My Grandson is reaching his full potential because he is in an A school. The staff at Lakeside actually care about their students. Thank you all so very much.

Lakeside Elementary School 0

Posted September 22, 2009
This is an elementary school that still believes children are just that, children. They aren't robots that need to be forced in to adulthood too soon. They sing, they laugh and they learn. It is a wonderful school that I am proud to send my son to.

Lakeside Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
The Staff as well as the volunteers are supportive of the childrens learning abilities. They try to keep in-touch with the parent if there are signs of anything that might deter the children from learning at their top!

Posted August 17, 2009
This year I will have 1 in kinder, & 1 in 2nd grade! I have an 8th grader also that has gone through LES! Love the school. Teachers and Staff are Wonderful!

Posted August 12, 2007

Posted May 23, 2007
This year was a fantastic one. The 3rd grade teachers really worked with the kids to prepare them for the FCAT (I still disagree totally with this sort of testing. Teachers need to be compensated for all their hardwork not just base it on how they did on some ridiculous test. We do have qualms about parent involvement. We want to be involved with our childrens and their classeshowever aside from constantly pandering for money, juice boxes & treats, we are never contacted to help with parties, fun day events or class outings. None of the homeroom coordinators (especially in grade 3) would ask us for help. I think we would be more apt to be involved with PFA if the cliques of parent helpers/teachers would open up and allow others to help. Aside from that, we are thrilled with the education are kids are getting at this wonderful school.

Posted May 23, 2007
I was speaking with a parent from another local school in the area and have to question WHY doesn't Lakeside Elementary School have an art program when other local elementary schools (NEW schools) have paid art teachers/programs? LES employs TWO P.E. instructors, a music teacher as well as a computer teacher, but yet art is not part of the curriculum. Is art not an integral part of a childs learning? As well, why do Lakeside Elementary School students not go on field trips like students from Argyle Elementary and surrounding schools? I can't understand how the school can use the excuse of 'transportation costs' when the same school buses are being used for other public schools in the area.

Posted April 02, 2007
We have been at this school since 1st grade. Up until 5th grade we have had a wonderful experience with dedicated and informative teachers. 5th grade however, has been horrible. The Math and Language Arts teachers are excellent!

Lakeside Elementary School
2752 Moody Avenue, Orange Park, FL  32073
Last modified Lakeside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeside Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top