804 students|Clay

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Lakeside Elementary is well run with a fantastic principal in Mr Jeff Shriver. If you are considering a move into this district school, I highly recommend Lakeside Elementary. My child was there from K-6 grade. Any issues are promptly and properly addressed.

Amount of homework: Agree

It varies greatly by teacher and specific classes and the grade level of your child. Grade 3 my child had excessive amount of homework as she progressed the amount was about 'just right' There is after school tutoring with a bus available. This resource was especially important for my child and maths class. As the approach to teaching students statewide in math has changed from how many of us parents learned. The resource allowed my child to go from barely getting by to excelling in mathematics

The teachers and staff are among the best. My grandkids love the school and teachers. The 2nd and 3rd program they had was outstanding. It takes a special type of person to be a teacher or staff dealing with kids at this age. Thank you teachers and staff.

This school has been completely wonderful to us and our children from kindergarten to first grade with all a's and b's and even recommended our child for gifted in the first grade and was expected to have a great 7 years of elementary ahead of us until second grade came around and things went from night to day with our child and also noticed many others children that were doing very well previously until second grade and literally everything dramatically changed and started falling apart not only on just my account but for many other families we go to Boyscouts and church with as well in the same grade level at lakesaide. Things went from such a wonderful heavenly feeling for our child in the first two grade levels and when second grade came around everything started falling apart for our child and has caused just complete turmoil in the household due to high classroom volumes and teachers on the brink of their retirement not showing enough attention and focusing on students success properly and I have stressed all options of fixing the issues my child by scheduling conferences and meeting with the principal (which I to take initiative to do myself, no help from the school)

They are all about the students and helping them succeed. Ive never seen a public school that cares as much for their students as the staff at LES.

The communication between teachers and parents is excellant. My Grandson is reaching his full potential because he is in an A school. The staff at Lakeside actually care about their students. Thank you all so very much.

This is an elementary school that still believes children are just that, children. They aren't robots that need to be forced in to adulthood too soon. They sing, they laugh and they learn. It is a wonderful school that I am proud to send my son to.

The Staff as well as the volunteers are supportive of the childrens learning abilities. They try to keep in-touch with the parent if there are signs of anything that might deter the children from learning at their top!

This year I will have 1 in kinder, & 1 in 2nd grade! I have an 8th grader also that has gone through LES! Love the school. Teachers and Staff are Wonderful!

This year was a fantastic one. The 3rd grade teachers really worked with the kids to prepare them for the FCAT (I still disagree totally with this sort of testing. Teachers need to be compensated for all their hardwork not just base it on how they did on some ridiculous test. We do have qualms about parent involvement. We want to be involved with our childrens and their classeshowever aside from constantly pandering for money, juice boxes & treats, we are never contacted to help with parties, fun day events or class outings. None of the homeroom coordinators (especially in grade 3) would ask us for help. I think we would be more apt to be involved with PFA if the cliques of parent helpers/teachers would open up and allow others to help. Aside from that, we are thrilled with the education are kids are getting at this wonderful school.

Last modified Lakeside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.