Orange Park Junior High School 3

Posted November 28, 2014
If you are a student or a parent anticipating starting school at OPJH, have no worries! This school has a somewhat bad reputation, but my experience here has been quite on the contrary. The only complaints I'd have to make is that I wish there were more activities that suited my interests. I don't particularly like sports, band, or the limited academic teams. The Gifted program here is great! I have been in the Gifted program since 3rd grade and I must say, if you have an intelligent or "gifted" kid, you really should consider putting them in this program. You have the same teachers for your core subjects both years and they have many exclusive Gifted nights for parents and awards ceremonies. The teachers and faculty here are generally nice. The guidance counselor, Mrs. K, though is really helpful and you should turn to her if you ever have any questions. Overall, this school is average. It's not amazing, but it's not a complete trash dump. There have no problems and I can't wait to start school at Orange Park High School next year!

Posted October 25, 2014
My daughter had been going here for over 1 year. She loves it. She plays sports, chorus, goes to football games. The focus portal keeps me up to date on her grades. The teachers respond quickly to emails and phone calls.

Posted May 29, 2013
My child is just finishing up her first year at OPJH. I heard many bad comments and had many friends who personally warned about how horrible it would be here. However, I actually went to junior high there and I think I am ok :) Also, I wanted my daughter to go to school in the neighborhood as I had shipped her off for elementary and felt that she missed out on making friends in the neighborhood. So the experience this year has been fabulous, all worry over nothing. She is happy, healthy, engaged, made many new friends and is up early and happy to go to school every day. She enjoys her teachers, they are engaging and available. There is also free tutoring before and after school if you need it, plus many other opportunities to be busy. My only disappointment has been with parental involvement. It is such a huge drop from elementary school. Of course, I have been less involved also, but it seems when they need something from the parents, few step up. If you are zoned for here, do not worry and go in with an open mind.

Orange Park Junior High School 1

Posted May 14, 2013
I'm a parent of a 2 girls, they are little body, look like they are still in elementary, but they are good girls with good grade and they love to participate in sport, cheer leading, music, help others, etc. and I'm new in this area and I would love to know if this school is going to be good for them or lakeside junior high is better for them, I hear bad suggestion about OPJH school and I need to know if is true or not.... PLEASE if someone read this and can help me to make a good decision for the best of my girls please write something to me I will appreciate....THANK YOU

Posted July 27, 2012
Im A 7th grader im really really nervous i hope im gonna like this school all the reviews look good :)

Orange Park Junior High School 4

Posted November 02, 2010
This is my sons 2nd yr at OPJH. He began 7th in the EBD classes and has been moved to the VE (varied education) with smaller class sizes to better suit his needs while still maintaining mainstream curriculum. I applaud the guidence dept. for their attention to parent concerns and vice principal Ms. Tucker for conducting swift, yet fair disciplinary actions. Parent participation is particuarly low given the amount of students attending. Correspondence with teachers could be abit better, but given their class loads, I understand to take a one on one approach with each student may diminish to the needs to the class as a whole. All in all, I'm very pleased with OPJH and confident with sending my son there. I know he's in good hands.

Posted May 15, 2009
i am a 7th grader at opjh and i was scared to go here because i would be going to a middle school. and all i have to day that it is awesome! i am also on the cheerleading squad and we dont go to overboard on our routines. and they do make sure your grades are on check. i am also a honor role student, the teachers do a great job teaching! and i made alot of friends it wasnt very hard! opjh is great and cant wait to enjoy my last year here!

Orange Park Junior High School 3

Posted February 16, 2009

Orange Park Junior High School 2

Posted September 07, 2008

Orange Park Junior High School 0

Posted June 16, 2008
I am a teacher at OPJHS and have been there since the doors opened on Aug. 17,1976. I absolutely love the school. students, teachers and my administrators. I just finished my 32nd year of teaching and yes, all of them at OPJHS. I am very proud to say that I am a part of such a great school and wouldn't want to teach any place else. I have had the chance to leave, but I chose to stay there. I am a proud Wildcat.... Cathy Rangeo Dept. Chair Physical Education Head Boys Track Coach 7th grade Instructor

Orange Park Junior High School
1500 Gano Avenue, Orange Park, FL  32073
(904) 278-2000
Last modified Orange Park Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orange Park Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top