Orange Park, FL

Posted March 04, 2014
There are very few good teachers that actually care about the students. The principal is completely not helpful! The assistant is great tho and listens and actually take action on issues! The bullying is out of control however and something needs to be done! The attendance employee is extremely rude and disrespectful!

Posted February 26, 2014
This school does not teach your child anything. Teachers complain they don't have enough time to teach the kids. Torture students before FCAT testing. School definitely needs a makeover from the principle to the structure of the building.

Posted January 15, 2014
I am a student at RVE in 6th grade. The school is not quite what tou'd expect. For one, the cafeteria cleaning crew does an unsatisfactory job, leaving the tables covered with unknown "sauces" and meat on the floor. The teachers primarily focus on review and do not docus on the higher leveled children, such as me. It's all about FCAT. The gifted program is decent, but the entire curriculum is based on math. There is no outlet for any other subject. The students are also an issue. They tease and shame other students. Somehow, the teacher and staff do not notice all this. The "student council is also absolutely unacceptable. They keep the same people until middle school, amd they do not benefit the school whatsoever. The council simply holds small fundraisers and watchs movies together during the school day sometimes. I also few like parents are volunteerimg too much and not letting the staff do the work. It leads to unsatisfactory areangements and less enjoyment for the students. I will say, though, that at least some people are serious, and try their best.. I would also, in my opinion, want to bring Art back. The other resources are too basic for grades 4 and up.

Posted April 28, 2010
The principal does not care about the students like she should. The teachers are no where as attentive as they were when the old principal was there. The new principal has made a prison of that school..... and it is not clean...

Posted December 02, 2009
This school has been part of our family since I attended in 85-91 and my sister in 96-2002. Now my son and daughter go there. We love this school. The terachers and staff are wonderful and seem to truly care about the kids and the school.

Posted September 26, 2008
I think that anyone who thinks this school has gone down because of the new principal should look in the mirror. I have seen great things out of this schools teachers and staff but what I dont see is the parents being involved as they should be. There are several mothers that I see giving a lot of their time to make Ridgeview a better place and they are active with the children during school events. If more parents would give their time and support the school instead of taking cheap shots at the teachers and staff we would be an 'A' rated school in no time. I think the new Principal is doing a wonderful and I will continue to support 100 percent, keep up the good work my daughter loves her school and so do I. Signed a concerned father.

Ridgeview Elementary School 5

Posted September 24, 2008
Ridgeview Elementary is a wonderful school. The teachers really seem to care for all the children. Even after my child goes to the next grade her previous teachers still take an active interest in how she is doing. The principal and assitant principal are waiting every morning with a smile to greet the children as they arrive. My child can't wait to get to school in the mornings. Even though our school has dropped in grade our principal and teachers are doing everything they can to bring our grade back up. Our teachers are trying new approaches to teaching and everyone is up beat. This is a great place for children!

Ridgeview Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2008
This school has went down a grade every year since our new principal arrived. She has made our appearance cold and sterile. This is our last year here unless she sees the light.

Ridgeview Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2008
I love this school. My daughter is on her 3rd year and it was a great transition from homeschool. My only problem is the lack of communication with extracurricular activities (date changes, time changes, etc.) and award ceremonies.

Ridgeview Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2006
Good School. My daugheter is only in kindergarten, but I love this school. All the teachers seem to really care for their students. It is always clean and organized as well.

421 Jefferson Avenue, Orange Park, FL  32065
Last modified Ridgeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top