774 students|Clay

Bad
Good

AWFUL!!! This is the worst school ever avoid it. We got transferred to this school against our will and I hate it so bad I am about to relocate somewhere else. Don't have materials kids need, don't care, and staff barely does their job. Even placed my child in the wrong classroom at Orientation and insisted it was correct. Even the other students are miserable and rude. Makes me nervous just to send my kid to this school everyday. Terrible! :-(

I don't see how this school got so many good reviews!!. The teacher my child has seems to be disengaged, cold and non helpful. I looked around at all the kids they look pretty miserable ,and this is a new school year. Where is the excitement and the friendly people?. They also have a ton of people in the office standing around, & you have to practically beg them to help you. Also not knowing what to do. back to the teachers.. they just seem like they were ready to leave, & didn't want to be there. The traffic could be managed better. Someone flipping a stop sign isn't working. It feels like everyone working there is just trying to get outta there.Teachers show the kids some interest. Don't sit outside like your alone at a park. say bye to them. Sheesh.. if your looking "parents"Send your kid elsewhere if you want a good school.

We couldn't be happier with this school. My son needed a 504 plan and we had no problems getting one. All the teachers we have had have been very involved and very approachable. They really care about the students. My son is getting straight A's and my other son is loving kindergarten.

Love the teachers and love the new principal. She is very involved. When we were stationed here before it seems like there was a little more parent involvement but over all we couldn't be happier with this school.

It's a shame how everything thinks, these clay county schools are suppose to be better than Duval, but my children been it that school for two years now, all it's been is frustration, poor communication, carelessness of the children.. I mean that's ridiculous and no one does anything about it when you complain..

Horrible Special Needs Autism Unit. The teachers/administrators are more concerned with getting the most money per student opposed to providing the best education for a child.Removed my student for inappropriate teaching strategies

I have two children who attend this school and agree that communication is a problem between parents, teachers, and the administration. The quality of teaching varies.

I have had two children attend this school. The oldest did K and 1st grade at FIE and my youngest just finished PreK. I love this school. I find it very easy to talk to teachers and administrators. The parents are actively involved as well. I couldn't have asked for a better school for my children.

Overall, our experience has been pretty good. We moved here in January, so we started mid year, right in the middle of FCAT prep. My son had previously attended a private school up north for the last 6 1/2 years. He had a very difficult time adapting, and the teachers seemed more concerned about FCAT prep than finding out where my son was having some difficulties. It has definitely improved and we are happy with his progress. The lack of extracurriclular activities and teacher communication are where I feel the school falls short, but otherwise it's a good school. My son's teachers do not use email for communication purposes, I feel this would help tremendously with keeping updated with your childs progress (or lack of). Especially if your 5th or 6th grader is one of those children that does not share openly how things are going at school.

Fleming Island Elementary is the best school my child has gone too. The teachers are very nice and help them learn a lot. My child has done so well there.

Last modified Fleming Island Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.