PK, 9-12
Orange Park, FL

Posted September 21, 2014
We moved here for this school and have not regretted it one bit! We moved from St Johns county where the schools are rated very well but going downhill. The teachers here are caring and involved. I get regular emails on my daughter's progress and have found the counselors to be busy but helpful. This is my daughters second year and we have not run into the bully issue or such things. In St Augustine, it was a daily problem for students. We love this school. The only downside is that they do not have a program for special needs students. My other daughter attends Clay High, which I find to also be outstanding.

Fleming Island High School 1

Posted August 13, 2014
The School is Beautiful from the front. The kids are stuffed in moldy trailors in the rear. The kids are segregated by color. Pretty pathetic this day and age.. Grouped off in cliques. The front office is pretty rude, And offer no help. The hours these kids go to school is way to early! Test scores would be better if they didn't get up at the crack of dawn. Wheres the principal?? never see any of them. Improvement is needed at this school.

Posted May 27, 2014
I am a parent of 4 children who have now graduated from Fleming. I have never had a problem here at this school and all 4 of my kids have enjoyed going being apart of the Eagles. Great school, Great Teachers and a wonderful staff.

Posted October 07, 2013
My son is in his first year at Fleming and loves it. He has found the AICE program to be challenging and has already gotten involved in student Government and other freshman class activities. The majority of his teachers go out of their way to email agendas and other information to parents. The AICE guidance counselor has also been great at answering any questions we may have whether they applied to the program or not. The principal is very approachable and makes a point of attending even the smaller school functions. We moved to Clay County for the schools and been very happy so far.

Posted March 18, 2013
My Daughter graduated from FIHS in 2007 and my Son is a student now. FIHS is an excellent school. The teachers and staff are outstanding! My Daughter had an issue with another student bullying her and all it took was one phone call to the principal before it was resolved. All of the programs are very well organized and the guidance counselors have been there every step of the way for us. One thing to keep in mind when reading these reviews is that most people only post a review when they're having issues but I can assure you that there are 1,000's of families that would recommend FIHS. We moved to Fleming Island 10 years ago specifically for the school district and have not been disappointed in any way.

Fleming Island High School 4

Posted January 25, 2013
I am only writing this review because of how ridiculous these other reviews are. I am a former student of FIHS. The academics of the school are above par. But the curriculum that the child is to get is solely based on their academic prowess. The AICE program is as good as it gets (No I wasn't in AICE), while the standard classes are decent. I was in mostly honors and AP classes but I had numerous standard classes as well and they are taught by good teachers. Teachers who show regard for students well being and care for the kids WHO ACTUALLY CARE. The kids who act like idiots in class don't get the same POSITIVE attention. I wonder why... then the parents go on rants about how the teachers don't care about the kids, yet their kids are the ones acting out... Now this is a HIGH SCHOOL remember, so there is going to be bullying no matter what. It is going to happen, some no bullying campaign won't help, trust me. Kids will be mean, it happens, so deal with it or home school them or put them in a private school and stop complaining. The kids don't fight, they're too prissy for it. In 4 years there I remember like, 10 fights max, mostly girl fights. It's a good school.

Fleming Island High School 1

Posted August 14, 2012
The guidance department is handled unprofessionally, and definitely does not address the best for each student. Beware!!

Fleming Island High School 2

Posted August 14, 2012
First of this school is horrible the teachers seem to have no regard for the students well being or even care too the fact that they are even teaching us instead they act as if everyday was one day closer too being away from the students, please if your going too try to send your kids here yeah the multi million dollar school looks awesome on the outside, but Clay high is like 10 miles up the road and Orange Park not that far either, if your planning to come to Fleming Island for the school, find a nice house in green cove and never let your children get zoned for this school, i wish thats what i did.

Fleming Island High School 3

Posted July 30, 2012
"The front office receptionist make everyone feel as if they were bothering her and unimportant. Lack of leadership." Agree 100%. This also includes other staff members, and teachers who lack skills to deal with children (and seem they are just teaching to have some kind of authoritative position in their lives, not because they like to teach) , like others reviews mention. Every time I have to walk in to this school I have to take a deep breath and prepare myself for the regular and inevitable unconformable experience, I can't imagine how many children feel this way every day they have to come to this school. I hope to see changes this year as well.

Fleming Island High School 3

Posted July 28, 2012
I definitely agree with the other reviews regarding the front office woman that you have to deal with. She is so unfriendly and seems annoyed every time I come there. Hoping the new principal will rectify this. Both my kids are honors. One graduated last year and we are both thankful he is done. Academically he did well but as for the teachers being competent and caring, not so much. He admits that he didn't learn much. I have another child going into 10th this year and I pray that it will be better than last year. He had a few good teachers and a few terrible teachers. I am a very involved parent when it comes to education and trying to jump through the hoops to have conferences with teachers who don't seem to care about their students and have poor, unprofessional attitudes was so frustrating to me. I think this school is going downhill fast. So many great teachers are leaving and being replaced with people who don't enjoy teaching or like kids for that matter. The electives and programs like AICE, Business Finance, & TV Production are a joke. They sound good on paper but few benefit from them. Depending on the day, counselors can be helpful or not. Good luck.

Fleming Island High School
2233 Village Square Parkway, Orange Park, FL  32003
Last modified Fleming Island High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fleming Island High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top