624 students|Clay

Bad
Good

Since day one we've been impressed with this school. The communication between faculty and parents is phenomenal. Constantly there are activities going on, from a fall carnival to a literacy night and small events in between. This school feels like a part of the community. We have older children who went to a nearby magnet school, and we kept them there based on that. Had we known what Argyle Elementary had to offer we would've made the switch long ago. Smaller classes, great student to teacher ratio and the curriculum is wonderful. My child is challenged daily, but has the resources available to assist if needed. When having lunch at the school with our child or volunteering you can feel a positive atmosphere. The kids are happy. We'll be leaving the area soon, and sad to leave this school behind. It deserves every high mark it receives.

You will love this school. The Orange Park/Jacksonville area is sprawling and crowded. I feel like AES is our hidden gem away from all the hustle and bustle. Lots of kids and a big campus but the teachers and staff know everything about every child and family and make you feel special and at home right away. We are leaving the area but taking wonderful memories with us. Thank you Argyle Elementary!

This school is amazing! The office staff is always very helpful, the principals are always there when you need them and the teachers are top notch! I have worked with the PIE (parents in education) group and in the classrooms too. The last of my 3 children is attending the school now and I will be sad when we have to move on to middle school. I am always fully informed of the things going on around the school, there are many extra activities after school for the students. This school is by far one of the best around.

horrible school!!! The principal lies, allows bullying and no reprimanding. After talking with the principal she advised me to write a letters, tells you too wait 2 weeks for responses then denies you of things like riding the bus when the bus pulls up 7 houses from you even if your child has medical conditions and doctors notes and you don't have a reliable car. and if you have a job and you are a single parent they don't care. the office staff is very nasty with bad dispositions when it comes to anything that a parent may be concerned with. they are more concerned with how they can have power or control over you than assisting for your childs well being. This school should should really be analyzed thoroughly before sending children there. they also do not grade on a regular grading scale of A, B, C, D, F instead their grades are P, X, / . so you never know if you child is retaining or learning and at what level because instead it is either... pass, fail, or not up to par. there are some serious issues that need to be looked into

My son is in his second year at Argyle elementary and we both LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I volunteer in his class twice a week helping with reading and class parties. Everyone I have had contact with is great. The Vice Principal Mrs. Pulled knows every child's name & is quick to say hello with a smile. I'm not sure how she does it but Argyle is fortunate to have her.

It has helped so much with my son's progress and helped out with a learning issue he has had the past few years, but is doing so much better with there help and attention

My children have been attending Argyle Elementary since the day it opened. Like any other school, we have faced situations that have had to be resolved with other students and staff, but that is to be expected. I have found that Argyle has provided a wonderful learning environment in which my children have been able to thrive. So far, 3 of my children have been through Argyle with one more to go and I look forward every year to the improvements and additions that are being made. My only suggestion would be increased state financing to continue to increase the programs offered at Argyle, particullarly in the arts which are always cut first. Overall, the staff does a tremendous job and truly wants the best for each student.

I liked this school when we moved here in 06' but since Mrs. Roman has become principal I have been very disappointed. I always thought she was organized and caring until I began to interact with her more and discuss a teacher's weakness in the classroom. She def made me feel she was protecting her staff instead of acknowledging things were not going well due to this particular teacher. Very frustrating for a parent to feel her child's needs are not being met and to have a principal not understand the parent's concerns. I can only hope this year goes better and if not I will have to find another school where I know the staff deeply cares for my child's educational needs. I do appreciate all the other teachers who do a great job there but I am concerned about the leadership they are under.

I love the school and so does my daughter. The only thing that I am disappointed in is the fact that they do not offer gifted classes full time. Coming from a school district where there was a full time gifted program, 5 days a week, all day, to here where it is one day a week. When we first started it was only one HOUR a week. I think they need a full time gifted corriculum for those children that attend the gifted program.

i am now a freshman at OPHS and i went to argyle the first year it opened and i was in 6th grade then and I have to say....It was awesome!!! the teachers were a big help and the teachers i had werre Ms.Matz and Mrs.Ray and they were really helpfull. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for an Elementary school!!!!!

Last modified Argyle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.