Public charter
Orlando, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted December 19, 2014
this school is awesome even though we are in a very fancy warehouse we are 23 in the world in robotics and we won science Olympiad for five years straight.

Posted December 19, 2014
This is an amazing school that you should join and the teachers are nice. We have nice clubs that help. so it is a good school that you should join.

Posted October 22, 2014
Amazing school for those who can handle themselves. If you can not handle the amount of work, don't bother coming here. Anyway, the teachers are great at what they do, even though sometimes they may go at a faster cadence than students. Most of the teachers post the notes online, in case you miss class or if they were going to fast for you. The accents of some may be hard to hear sometimes, but that is a rare occasion. Bullying is something that the teachers do not support, and break up any and all beginnings. All in all, this school is a great school and has a perfect environment that is great for your child. But if you can't handle homework everyday, I suggest you go to another school that has work for your cadence.

Orlando Science Middle High Charter School 1

Posted September 22, 2014
This is a horrible school! 1. no paper in bathrooms 2. Students have only 3 chances to leave any classroom during day... and if a girl is having her monthlies.. good luck to her. 3. Teachers leave every year, mid year... cross your fingers your child teacher stays. 4. Math 7th grade teacher... tells kids they are stupid. 5. If it is raining, thundering at dismissal.. kids still stay outside.. get soaked.. but teachers won't use walkie to signal kids their parents have arrived. 6. No working library. 7. Kids don't get to choose classes. 8. Music is a joke. 9. Does anyone speak English at this school? and we can go on and on..

Posted September 16, 2014
Although at times, yes, this school may be stressful, and the workload is pretty large, I must say, this is an amazing school. I mean, who goes to school thinking, "I'm gonna have a lovely day just relaxing and playing on my Surface Pro 3. Lalalal."???? Sometimes, you'really just going to have to deal with it! That's life!!! Anyways, the curriculum that they are teaching is like any other, although they are a charter school, they are also considered a public school. The teachers really push the students to do well not only to keep the reputation of the A school we are, but to acknowledge that each student has a chance to succeed. Some 8th graders, like me, take advanced gifted classes (like biology honors, Language Arts 2, Geometry, etc.) And are pushed pretty hard to the point that hair being pulled out of your scalp doesn't sound too bad. Hehe. In my perspective. But, this school deserves 5 stars. They are really caring for all their students, and explain in detail after school at their tutoring days anything you need to know about the topic. GO OSS!!!!

Orlando Science Middle High Charter School 4

Posted August 20, 2014
As a parent of two students at OSS I must say that I'm very satisfied with education my children are receiving. The school has various after school clubs which really enrich the students. This is not a school if your child is interested in sports. There are know competitive teams. I am really happy that I put my kids in OSS. It a small school and the kids are exposed to the junk and negative influences that exist in traditional public schools.

Orlando Science Middle High Charter School 2

Posted July 28, 2014
This school is honestly so stressful, the school is is not even a school, it's a warehouse. there are no electives for students to choose from except languages. The teachers put the students through so much, and they don't even update oss connect regularly. Most of the teachers are so disorganized just by looking at their desks. most of my friends want to leave this school, and litteraly every summer you get a project where we have to read 3 books and do three different projects, as of they don't already put us through enough already. Hush schoolers don't even have a prom or homecoming, and all the field trips are rip offs except fr gadventure. we barely have any fun, all we do in class is take notes and have worksheets. Most of the teachers shoudnt even BE TEACHERS, it's honestly ridiculous, and no offense but there are mostly foreign teachers, and maybe a couple of American teachers. Most parents think this school is amazing, but they are not going through the everyday struggles of the students. I bet the parents wouldn't stand ONE DAY IN THAT SCHOOL.

Posted April 29, 2014
I love Orlando Science, my child is gifted and was not being challenged enough, also dealing with a bit of bullying at school. My child went from an A student to C's and being very anxious. Since starting at Orlando Science my child was placed in classes with gifted children like her and she is once again loving school, getting good grades and being challenged.

Posted March 19, 2014
Thank you to the faculty and administration of OSS for providing our daughter with 3 memorable years of advanced middle school training. The solid foundation of academic skills that she has acquired under your direction have enabled her to qualify for honors and Advanced Placement courses in any high school of her choice. Those AP courses will provide her the opportunity to earn college credits while in high school. Our daughter's 6th grade Advanced Reading teacher honed her critical thinking skills to help her earn a perfect score on the 2012 FCAT Reading Exam. Thanks OSS for supporting National Junior Honor Society. Thank you to our 8th grade Language Arts teacher for above average attention to our daughter's writing talents. Congratulations to the Music teacher for getting 8th grade adolescent youths excited about music class. A special thanks to this years Dean of Students, a caring personal mentor and professional, for investing much of his personal time and resources into OSS extracurricular programs such as the College Mentorship Program and the Model United Nations Team.

Posted February 24, 2014
From the place where I came from to get in to a Science School we have a competitive entrance examination. OSS should give an entrance examination to get more appropriate and deserving students rather than lottery.

Orlando Science Middle High Charter School
2427 Lynx Lane, Orlando, FL  32804
Last modified Orlando Science Middle High Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orlando Science Middle High Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 99 reviews. Top