265 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

UCP Bailes is an amazing school. To call it just a school is an injustice. UCP Bailes is a community and family. The teachers, staff, and administrators are wonderful to work with whether your child is struggling or exceling. The environment is such that each child gets the individualized attention and support he/she needs to succeed. As each child advances in his/her skillset, they are allowed to continue to grow at a pace that makes sense for each of them. Our family has been with the school for over 7 years; we started in the infant room and have never considered leaving. The inclusion model that is incorporated helps each child learn empathy, compassion, friendship, integrity, hard work, and all the academic skills too. Too often in the world today we miss the value and enrichment we can gain from others because they don't look like us, or they don't sound like us, or they don't walk like us, or in the other myriad ways we are different. It is important to my husband and I that we teach our children that all people are wonderful, valuable, and unique. We felt that UCP would be a place of kindness and diversity and would provide our children the chance to see the world in an inclusive way. UCP Bailes has done all that and more. Our children have not just be taken care of and educated here; they have been loved.

this is my 4th year that my kids have gone to UCP-Bailes. Everytime there is a break from school, my kids ask everyday "When do we go back to school?!" That alone tells me what a great school we are sending our kids to! The teachers are phenomenal, I can tell they work hard by looking at how and what my kids are learning. I am so grateful for everything the teachers have done for my kids!

I absolutelly LOVE this school. My two other children went to public schools and this is the first I have sent to a charter. I am thrilled at the level of his learning. He learned a lot. The staff has been helpful and very willing to work with you. I love the compassion that he is learning to have with children with special needs.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

If you have questions ask them and they will gladly answer them. But if you don't ask they can't be answered. The teachers really get to know the kids and care about their educational well being as well as their overall well being. The kids really respond well to the teachers and their special teaching techniques.

I have two children that attend Bailes and could not be happier. My children all receive individualized education based upon exactly where they are and not just blanket learning. The teachers all genuinely care about each student and want them all to succeed. It is just a dramatic difference compared to the elementary school we were zoned for. If I were to have kept my son in the neighborhood elementary school he was going to be in ESE all day with only time with typical peers when he was participating in specials. Here at Bailes he integrates with typical peers all day and has made so much progress.

My children have gone through the infant, toddler, and preschool departments and I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience has been. The teachers are phenomenal in each department and classroom. The curriculum far exceeds anything you fill find in corporate daycare, as well as the required credentials for teachers. The student/teacher ratio and class size is also great. I highly recommend this school!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have a " house system" that goes through out k-5 and the teachers and staff and whenever kids are extra nice, helpful, wonderful they get a ticket which puts them to be able to potentially win something. It really encourages the kids to look out for one another and encourages them to be kind and respectful.

My 8 yr. old has been attending UCP Bailes just before he turned 3 and we have loved it. Now, I have a 4 yr. old who is in pre-k there and and a 15 month old in older infant and they are having a great time. The way the learning environment is set up is very outside the box and keeps the kids moving and learning in a fun way. The teacher to student ratio is great. My kids love it and I love to volunteer too. It's a great school for kids with and without disabilities.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Because they falsify paperwork to their Benefit. They made up stories saying I was disrupting class in order to keep me from walking my kids to class. When there is supposed to be an open door policy.

My son has cerebral palsy he's in a wheelchair but can take steps with assistance and crawl also. They leave him in his chair all day. My son can't talk so they forget to change his diaper on time and push him to the corner if he falls asleep even though they have documents stating he has seizures in his sleep. They've gotten tired of me catching them not doing their job and now have banned me from walking to drop and pick up my sons for no reason and claim they will follow thru with trespassing paperwork if I walk them to class. I don't ask for special treatment just the attention he needs! He has cerebral palsy for gods sake they are called united cerebral palsy! Think twice before enrolling!

Last modified Ucp East Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.