265 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted January 06, 2016
UCP Bailes is an amazing school. To call it just a school is an injustice. UCP Bailes is a community and family. The teachers, staff, and administrators are wonderful to work with whether your child is struggling or exceling. The environment is such that each child gets the individualized attention and support he/she needs to succeed. As each child advances in his/her skillset, they are allowed to continue to grow at a pace that makes sense for each of them. Our family has been with the school for over 7 years; we started in the infant room and have never considered leaving. The inclusion model that is incorporated helps each child learn empathy, compassion, friendship, integrity, hard work, and all the academic skills too. Too often in the world today we miss the value and enrichment we can gain from others because they don't look like us, or they don't sound like us, or they don't walk like us, or in the other myriad ways we are different. It is important to my husband and I that we teach our children that all people are wonderful, valuable, and unique. We felt that UCP would be a place of kindness and diversity and would provide our children the chance to see the world in an inclusive way. UCP Bailes has done all that and more. Our children have not just be taken care of and educated here; they have been loved.

Posted January 05, 2016
this is my 4th year that my kids have gone to UCP-Bailes. Everytime there is a break from school, my kids ask everyday "When do we go back to school?!" That alone tells me what a great school we are sending our kids to! The teachers are phenomenal, I can tell they work hard by looking at how and what my kids are learning. I am so grateful for everything the teachers have done for my kids!

Posted January 05, 2016
I absolutelly LOVE this school. My two other children went to public schools and this is the first I have sent to a charter. I am thrilled at the level of his learning. He learned a lot. The staff has been helpful and very willing to work with you. I love the compassion that he is learning to have with children with special needs.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 05, 2016
To all the teachers and staff. You do great with the kids All k/1 teachers know all of the kids in K/1 and all the 2/3 teachers know all of 2/3 and 4/5 teachers know all of the 4/5 kids, it's great to know that our kids are so well taken care of. The staff is great at remembering all of the kids and what matters to them and helping the parents out with anything and everything that they can, about and beyond what is in their job description.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted January 05, 2016
If you have questions ask them and they will gladly answer them. But if you don't ask they can't be answered. The teachers really get to know the kids and care about their educational well being as well as their overall well being. The kids really respond well to the teachers and their special teaching techniques.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted January 05, 2016
The students learn respect by having responsibility and being teamed with a different "friend" for their task. With the school being an inclusion school all of the kids are exposed to different kids with disabilities and how to talk to them and what words to not say. By being in the same class and using the term "friend" to refer to another student that they don't know the name of it helps to disarm the kids and treat them as friends.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 05, 2016
They encourage the children as well as, the staff to be kind to each other and be respectful. They are great about encouraging all children with and without disabilities to be the best person they can be and treat others with dignity and respect.

Posted January 05, 2016
I have two children that attend Bailes and could not be happier. My children all receive individualized education based upon exactly where they are and not just blanket learning. The teachers all genuinely care about each student and want them all to succeed. It is just a dramatic difference compared to the elementary school we were zoned for. If I were to have kept my son in the neighborhood elementary school he was going to be in ESE all day with only time with typical peers when he was participating in specials. Here at Bailes he integrates with typical peers all day and has made so much progress.

Posted January 04, 2016
My children have gone through the infant, toddler, and preschool departments and I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience has been. The teachers are phenomenal in each department and classroom. The curriculum far exceeds anything you fill find in corporate daycare, as well as the required credentials for teachers. The student/teacher ratio and class size is also great. I highly recommend this school!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 04, 2016
They have a " house system" that goes through out k-5 and the teachers and staff and whenever kids are extra nice, helpful, wonderful they get a ticket which puts them to be able to potentially win something. It really encourages the kids to look out for one another and encourages them to be kind and respectful.

12702 Science Drive, Orlando, FL  32826
Last modified Ucp East Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ucp East Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top