K-9|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

School under new leadership! Focus on student success through parent, & community partnerships. Experiential learning is a key component. Each child is met where they are, and curriculum is designed to build on what they already know. ABEKA curriculum is used, which our teaching staff is very familiar with having years of experience using it. Step Up For Students and McKay scholarships are accepted for qualified students. These scholarships require the highest standards from schools - Orange County Academy included!! We had a successful audit in fall 2015 by the Florida Department of Education. I sincerely invite any one from the community to visit our school!
January 18, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Orange County Academy is a wonderful school under new administration since 2015. Much has been accomplished in the last year, and great things are expected for the 2016-2017.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All the teachers are highly trained, experienced, and dedicated to each students success. Teachers carefully plan together at weekly meetings to insure the quality of education. The Administration and staff are superb.

Amount of homework: Agree

Students are able to get much of their work done at school, however, homework is required and graded. Each class has specific expectations for the grade level.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I was aware of this school in years past, but I have been aware of great things happening there in the last year. The new Director, and staff members have brought about very positive changes to help students grow and develop academically, socially, and spiritually.

Amount of homework:
SCHOOL LEADER
Homework is required. Homework reinforces the skills that are newly taught. Reading is the gateway into learning new subject matter. Students at Orange County Academy not only use homework to reinforce new skills, but also to prepare them for furthering their education.
Posted January 27, 2016

Teacher effectiveness:
SCHOOL LEADER
Our teachers are effective because they have a heart for this school, a passion for education, and a strong desire for our students to succeed. All of our teachers have degrees in Education, along with many years of teaching experience to back that up. We hold weekly staff meetings to discuss any topic, concern, or planning that needs to be attended too. We work as a team, and support each other with respect and caring.
Posted January 27, 2016

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
Our day begins with devotions, and pledge to the American Flag. Our students are given wonderful role models as their teachers set the example. We listen to our students, and give them the support they need. This school is under new leadership, and the drive to succeed is very apparent!
Posted January 18, 2016

Message to families
Posted January 18, 2016

Develops character: Strongly agree

Each current staff member is honest, & holds the highest regard for acadrmic success, emotional & physicall wellness, & providing a safe environment for students to grow & learn.

As a member of the administration team, & faculty I am proud of all we are accomplishing at Orange County Academy. I personally earned my B.S. degree in Elementary Education from Indiana State University. I graduated with a double major: Elementary Education/Early Childhood Education, & a minor in Kindergarten. I have over 25 years classroom teaching experience in public & private school settings. I have 3 years of administration experience. I am dedicated to providing Orange County Academy with the best educational opportunities possible. I invite anyone in the Bithlo community to come visit our school, & see first hand how great Orange County Academy is. I am very proud of our students, & dedicated staff.

Last modified Orange County Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-9