3,684 students|Fl Virtual

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Student

Posted May 24, 2016
Thanks to my son for proving to me that taking him out of a physical school and keeping him home to do FLVS was a great idea. It has definitely been a huge, positive difference. He's brought his grades up by far. He learns more because he works at his pace, asks questions when he needs to and the difference there is I take the time to help him understand. You can't get that kind of attention from the teachers in schools nowadays.

Florida Virtual School Full Time 5

Posted May 24, 2016
This was our first year at FLVS and we absolutely loved it. I love it, my son loves it. Such a big difference than going to a physical school and not getting the time and attention to actually learn something. We worked at his pace and he has brought his grades way up. He's already saying that he wants to go all the way to graduation with FLVS. I do believe that's what is going to happen. Thank you FLVS !!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 09, 2016
There are many people that I have spoken with along the way from the Principal, Ms. White to my son's teacher he has now, Mrs. Freeman....to the people when you call the main number. Everyone is just really friendly and helpful and sometimes I can be difficult when it comes to my children. I have high standards in what I feel an education should consist of and this school has met all of them for me.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 09, 2016
I feel the teachers are there when you need them, although they are very flexible, not pushy, let you work at your own pace for the most part and work with you as a team.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted March 09, 2016
Just barely a bit too much. I think some of the P assignments are a bit lengthy, but over all I love all of the classes that this school offers, including the computer classes where you learn how to use the Microsoft Office program including Power Point, Excel, and Word, as well as basic typing skills. This is third and fourth grade and I think it's a great thing!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 09, 2016
In every conference we figure out where we are, what we need to do, and where we need to be. Aside from the teacher, there is also a tracker so you always know where you are in your progress.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 09, 2016
I've never had an issue with any of my son's teachers. They have always been honest and polite with him, even if he has fallen behind. They are never rude. They answer all of his questions and the teacher he has now is always there when we need her and helps me stress the importance of getting his work done. I feel like I have a team, unlike other schools here in FL where I have felt very excluded.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 09, 2016
Every teacher I've spoken with, and the Principal I spoke with was very polite, responded quickly, answered every question efficiently, were very polite to my child, and surprisingly very understanding and flexible if for some reason there were over due assignments that need to be submitted offline.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 09, 2016
Teaches many informative classes including, safety, manners, ethics, and more. Each class is detailed, instructive, and usually involves a quiz to make sure there is an understanding of the material.

Florida Virtual School Full Time 5

Posted March 09, 2016
This is an amazing option if you feel stressed and exhausted trying to be involved with Polk County Florida schools and just feeling like you are getting no where.

5401 S. Kirkman Road, Orlando, FL  32835
Last modified Florida Virtual School Full Time is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.