Public charter
Orlando, FL

Orlando Science Elementary Charter School 4

Posted May 01, 2014
Hi School is great. It is far from lake nona. Is any interested in car pooling from lake nona to oss? Or is any pirate bus shuttle for transportation?

Posted March 04, 2014
We are extremely happy with the elementary school. Although science and math focused, it is a warm and caring place, and the scientific activities the younger children do are age appropriate and all about discovering and understanding the world. Our child is in kindergarten and has learned to read very well this year; we have also seen our child's performance rise significantly above average on standardized tests in math and reading. Because the elementary school is new, they didn't have a playground until halfway through the year, but now that they've added recess it gives the little kids an outlet for playing. (That was my only complaint, which has been addressed). After school clubs are also great - they give the kids time to be involved with art, creative writing, and other fun pursuits. We love this school so far.

Posted February 21, 2014
I have a 2nd grader - and he is learning a lot! He has the opportunity to do afterschool clubs which he didn't have at his previous school, the class is a lot smaller and less disruptive! The work is challenging so parental support is a must to help your child succeed. The teachers are open to communication - and MS. BECC the first face you see as you enter the school is a pure delight!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 28, 2014
We are very happy at Orlando Science Elementary. The school is a very happy energized place. The atmosphere is welcoming, nurturing, , and fun to be in. I have been very impressed with the administration and teachers I've met. They have treated me and my child with caring and respect and been supportive. The opportunities for the students, beyond just the regular curriculum, are abundant.

Posted December 27, 2013
OSES is one of truest academic schools my family has attended. While the school has numerous social events, recreational activities, and events, it is driven by academics. Students learn at this school. The school does a really nice job on focusing on all learners, not just the lower twenty-five percent (which is very common at most public schools). While meeting with her teacher and the principal, he shared with me both my student's strengths and needed areas of improvement; even though she has a A, he explained to me directly the areas of needed improvement. Her teacher is easily accessible and does a wonderful job with challenging her. My student is gifted and the school provides numerous opportunities for her to expand her understanding of concepts. Keep up the good work.

Posted December 18, 2013
My children have bee going to Orlando Science Elementary School for two years now. They absolutely love it and the teachers are amazing. Everyone is so nice and accommodating. Although I live far away from the school and the commute cost me time and money, my kids refuse to go any other school. I am not sure if I agree with the term teaching to the FCAT because they pretty much focus on Science and Math. They do offer optional and free FCAT assistance every Saturday January to April from 8:30-12:30, which I think is above and beyond. While I disagree with the term Teaching to the FCAT , I think any time students have the opportunity to practice math and reading more is great and will defiantly lay the foundation when students get to middle and high school.

Posted December 17, 2013
Well, I saw in the reviews that school is teaching only FCAT and test taking and no extracurricular activities are provided? Just to know that this school has been getting first places for three years in a row in Florida state wide Science Olympiad and representing State of Florida in National level for three years. Robotics... The team has been competing in world championship two years in a row ... Math? Last year studentsswept all medals in elementary level... Not teaching from the book... Because students are given visual opportunities to enrich their knowledge and experience plus they are encouraged to research online... They do classroom discussions after each experimentation... Studying FCAT? yes, but tell me a single school that does not care about FCAT? If it is the ultimate tool that county monitors teachers' and school's "success" would you ignore that, no!!! By the way Orlando Science school is an "A" school in the county since it opened. Learn about your school, ask questions, you will always hear good things about this school.

Orlando Science Elementary Charter School 1

Posted November 07, 2013
This school teaches to the FCAT. All the focus is on producing great little test takers. Test taking is NOT learning and kids should not be forced to take a standardized test that is in place only for corporate profits. This is not a "science school", most of the science is learned out of textbooks with very little hands on projects. Both of my kids were completely bored and stressed out from the test taking.

Orlando Science Elementary Charter School 2

Posted October 23, 2013
My biggest problem its one of the teacher of the core subject that she is very rude to the kids and I am very surprised after many complaints from parents that she is still there and no actions has been taken. She just keep giving lot of homework and doesn't explains the lessons.

Orlando Science Elementary Charter School 1

Posted May 09, 2013
I recommend you look up Charter School Watchdog and read about the type of school you are considering for your child. You should become fully informed of the background of this school. As a parent, I want to know everything about my school. This is a business, and not a business with the best interest of your child in mind. Ask about the "temporary" mobile classrooms for the elementary school. Ask about the books and supplies provided for your child/ren. Ask, ask, ask............ You will be surprised at the answers. Protect your children.

Orlando Science Elementary Charter School
2379 Lynx Lane, Orlando, FL  32804
Last modified Orlando Science Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orlando Science Elementary Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top