Posted April 20, 2015
Lack of organization. Shows poor leadership qualities. Unfortunately I'm zoned for a school that I am not satisfied with. I will have to pick between the greater of the two. I am always early on the website it says registration will begin at 3:30 pm. I arrive at 2:55 pm and I am told it won't begin until 4:30 and I can wait in the office until they begin. At 4:05 there is a line in another door with approximately 30 families. I speak to a young lady who is trying to right the situation and she tells me before it starts she will bring me in thru the inside of the school. At 4:30 she comes to get me and apologizes immediately because they have already started. My number to register is 37... I can only hope that Renaissance on Golden Rod will be a greater example of leadership, organization, communication and good old fashion striving for excellence. That is my experience for today.

Posted March 29, 2015
Not worth it. All appearance no much substance. They need to change the admin and maybe it would improve.

Posted February 16, 2015
My son really enjoys going to school. He loves his teachers. We plan on staying at this school through middle school.

Renaissance Charter School At Chickasaw Trail 3

Posted February 11, 2015
This school should NOT BE FOR MIDDLE AND ELEMENTARY is Way to SMALL the children have no special area to play different sports, is not a bad school, but I insist is to small and the location between intersections and so many students made this more dangerous .ORANGE COUNTY HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND MADE THIS SCHOOL ONLY FOR ELEMENTARY.

Posted December 31, 2014
I am a teacher here, but also a parent, and I couldn't be happier with our choice to teach at and send our son here. He is off to an amazing start in Kindergarten, already testing at mid 1st grade at the end of December in both reading and math. Our administration is the best around, as they are ALWAYS putting students first. If you are looking to send your child to a school where the teachers and administrators actually CARE about your child's well-being first, in addition to their academic success, then this is the place for you. In my 4 years of teaching this is the first place I feel like I actually get to TEACH and not just drill my students in preparation for a state assessment. I couldn't be happier.

Posted August 03, 2014
My daughter attended this school in 3rd grade and it was the worst experience that we have ever had. When we enrolled her into this school she was a student in high standards. However, when she started this school her class was not assigned a permanent teacher until the end of the 1st marking period and the new teacher admitted to not having a clue as to how to acclimate the class; causing my child to fall behind drastically. I had my child transferred to another class and it got worst. This teacher was more interested in defending her colleague oppose to helping my child and she even lied to me about my child's behavior and tried to place her in detention, which coincidentally was hours after I met with the assistant principal about her failed academic plan to get my child on pace. She said she heard my child using profanity and later retracted and stated that a child over this this in another class. I immediately transferred my child to another school where she immediately excelled with no reports of behavior issues through the 3rd and 4th grades. She is now entering into a 5th grade honors class. I cringe at the thought of where my child would be had I left her at this school.

Posted July 25, 2014
The best thing I did was to enroll my daughter at Renaissance Charter at Chickasaw Trail. This is going to be her second year there and a parent I am so pleased with every member and staff of this school. She can wait to start third grade and see her friends and teachers too. That's what every parent wants to here and its all because of Renaissance Charter. Great job!

Posted June 26, 2014
I am very pleased at all this school has to offer. My two children are learning so much and the gifted program they offer is outstanding!

Posted June 23, 2014
The teachers in this school are on point. It was pointed out to me that my child should be tested for gifted in Kindergarten. I knew he was smart but his teacher saw this and more. He passed the gifted test and will be receiving enrichment services once school begins again. Excellence is rewarded in the school.

Posted June 23, 2014
The administration and staff at this school truly care about the children and whether they learn. I know they received an F last year, but FCAT scores have improved significantly, and frankly, I am not concerned about FCAT scores. I care whether my child is happy, healthy, and learning - and she is.

Renaissance Charter School At Chickasaw Trail
8203 Valencia College Lane, Orlando, FL  32825
Last modified Renaissance Charter School At Chickasaw Trail is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Charter School At Chickasaw Trail Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top