Public charter
Orlando, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 03, 2014
My daughter attended this school in 3rd grade and it was the worst experience that we have ever had. When we enrolled her into this school she was a student in high standards. However, when she started this school her class was not assigned a permanent teacher until the end of the 1st marking period and the new teacher admitted to not having a clue as to how to acclimate the class; causing my child to fall behind drastically. I had my child transferred to another class and it got worst. This teacher was more interested in defending her colleague oppose to helping my child and she even lied to me about my child's behavior and tried to place her in detention, which coincidentally was hours after I met with the assistant principal about her failed academic plan to get my child on pace. She said she heard my child using profanity and later retracted and stated that a child over this this in another class. I immediately transferred my child to another school where she immediately excelled with no reports of behavior issues through the 3rd and 4th grades. She is now entering into a 5th grade honors class. I cringe at the thought of where my child would be had I left her at this school.

Posted July 25, 2014
The best thing I did was to enroll my daughter at Renaissance Charter at Chickasaw Trail. This is going to be her second year there and a parent I am so pleased with every member and staff of this school. She can wait to start third grade and see her friends and teachers too. That's what every parent wants to here and its all because of Renaissance Charter. Great job!

Posted June 26, 2014
I am very pleased at all this school has to offer. My two children are learning so much and the gifted program they offer is outstanding!

Posted June 23, 2014
The teachers in this school are on point. It was pointed out to me that my child should be tested for gifted in Kindergarten. I knew he was smart but his teacher saw this and more. He passed the gifted test and will be receiving enrichment services once school begins again. Excellence is rewarded in the school.

Posted June 23, 2014
The administration and staff at this school truly care about the children and whether they learn. I know they received an F last year, but FCAT scores have improved significantly, and frankly, I am not concerned about FCAT scores. I care whether my child is happy, healthy, and learning - and she is.

Posted June 04, 2014
I'm so sad and disappointed..this school do not reward the excellence in excellent students...they pay more attention to kids with behavioral problems(which is good) and ignored(this is the problem) the good students. I think good students need attention too. This school needs better teachers. Excellence must be rewarded too is my humble opinion.

Posted April 17, 2014
this school is the worst. teacher bully the kids and they do noting about it.

Posted April 15, 2014
Teachers are NOT qualified! My child hasn't been as unhappy. I will be pulling my child end of school and putting him back into regular school. The teachers there act like children themselves and are not very professional.

Renaissance Charter School At Chickasaw Trail 4

Posted April 10, 2014
We have had a very positive experience with Renaissance Charter School in our first year. The teachers are corteous, hard working and communicate regularly. The school Admin and teachers work and often go above and beyond for the students however, parent participation is the issue currently.

Posted April 08, 2014
My sons are finally excited about going to school. No more fighting and arguing about why they have to go. Whatever this school is doing, I hope they keep it up!

Renaissance Charter School At Chickasaw Trail
8203 Valencia College Lane, Orlando, FL  32825
Last modified Renaissance Charter School At Chickasaw Trail is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Charter School At Chickasaw Trail Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top