Posted September 26, 2013
The teachers, Principle truly do care for their students. My son attends Kindergarten and LOVES going to school and enjoys all his teachers too. I volunteer some time to assist his teacher and the children love when I come. My son is proud of me! I applaud Fern Creek and those Organizations who assist in helping our Colonial Town Elementary Schools be TOPS!!

Posted June 04, 2013
Fern Creek is a gem. The teachers are caring and they teach kids to be assertive and direct. I am so happy we found Fern Creek!

Posted February 18, 2009

Posted August 26, 2008

Posted July 09, 2007
Fern Creek Elementary School is an amazing school. The school has been rated an 'A' school three years in a row. The faculty and staff has high expectations for all students. They encourage parent participation as they are working together as a school family to increase student achievement and behaviors. They use a variety of programs to meet the needs of the students. They use researched based interventions for remediating students and enrichment activities to challenge students. The school is open to suggestions and ideas from parents and the community. They are also open and honest with parents in regards to all student's academic and behavior progress. The expectation is that the parent will work with and support the school. They always listen but always do what is in the best interest of the child.

Posted September 22, 2006
I absolutely LOVE Fern Creek. My daughter is five and she loves it also. She's not the best behaved child, but she can't wait to go to school every day. Whenever there is a problem, the school calls me or my husband right away. They let me know the circumstances of what happened, the punishment(s) that they tired, their side and her side of what happened and if they belive any further action needs to be taken. She comes home singing all kinds of new and different songs, counting things, and generally happy. She gets really excited about the rewards they give to her class and specifically to her and that gives her motivation to behave and perform better. I LOVE FERN CREEK!

Posted April 16, 2006

Posted February 23, 2006
Great school. I would be happy to send all my kids to this school

Posted February 10, 2006
At FernCreek there is a standard of excellence that students are expected to achieve. They are taught to take responsibility for their choices in academics and behavior and are given immense community and school support to help them rise up to these high standards and expectations that took this school from a 'D' to a well deserved 'A'. Support and resources include a highly involved and personable principal, Title I resources (supplies, books, grants), a mentor program, free tutoring, a Conscious Discipline program, individualized academic technology software and computer labs, a Science Academy & Gifted Program, student recognition and leadership opportunities, reading incentives and family academic nights. Many of the teachers will tell you they choose to teach at Fern Creek because of the strong community atmosphere and their heart for the students--a very diverse and special clientele who learn to soar high above their challenges into a bright future.

Fern Creek Elementary School 1

Posted January 18, 2006
Fern creek has been a big disappointment. I have a special needs child with some behavior problems. The program promised more than what they could offer. In short I had to pull my son out in the middle of the school year. Parents do not be fooled because it is an A school... Be cautious of staff and administration ... you as a parent will not be heard.

Fern Creek Elementary School
1121 North Fern Creek Avenue, Orlando, FL  32803
Last modified Fern Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fern Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top