Orlando, FL

Posted February 02, 2015
The school is not in our district but our Son was accepted into the IB program and we made the decision to attend. The IB curriculum does not seem to be any different than any regular class structure. I was told (and read) that the IB program used a different type of teaching practice where students worked independently and in groups. Supposedly, there should be more focus on research and less on information / test taking. I haven't seen anything unique about the IB program here, other than the very small community service requirement. We were told that our son would only be with other IB students as well, which made us happy since the school seems (n general) to have a poor performing student body. They now have a program called "Avid" which is to help more troubled students get straightened out and ready for entrance into IB. Our son's classes are suddenly filled with Avid students, and they are disruptive + unfocused. Our son says there are more advanced IB courses, but we were never informed of that. His math is the same content he learned in 4th grade! He is in 6th, supposedly in adv. courses. He will probably attend 7th grade somewhere else unless something changes quickly.

Robert E Lee Middle School 4

Posted September 27, 2013
My son started Lee Middle this year, so we are newbies. I have to say so far we are pleased with the teachers and staff. The initial meet the teachers could of been more informative for newbies- like how lunch time works. Lee is much better than the elementary school we attended last year.

Robert E Lee Middle School 1

Posted February 05, 2013
At least the prior principal Tom Pylant is gone he was interested in only the gifted or white kids. Office was rude and hostile. Special Ed department head and teachers were a joke. Let the kids play on the computer all day while they talked on the phone. They would put complaints against teachers for attempting to teach the "spec ed" students and the kids would laugh in your face because they were able to manipulate the system. I don't know if the Spec Ed. Dept. kept the kids dumbed down for financial support, to keep the system desirable, or for some other self serving needs. It was reprehensible. Former employee.

Robert E Lee Middle School 3

Posted December 10, 2010
What is the suspension demographics at this school? Anyone interested in knowing? I certainly am. What is the promotion demographics? My child will be bused in from a differnet area and this type of information is of concern to me.

Posted May 04, 2010
Students and staff alike are wonderful. Great job teachers and administrators!

Posted March 29, 2010
There are great teachers at Lee Middle, but I question the goal and purpose of those who have an A student in their classes get an F. What is the excuse for the inability to motive - too many students in the class, race, or I get a pay check whether or not they fail. Maybe it is that we need to keep a clear line between the required failure rate and those who pass. Whatever the excuse, no person should be allowed to teach who cannot motivate an A student. For God sake, it doesn't take much.

Robert E Lee Middle School 5

Posted March 02, 2009
i love lee middle school!! i have swiched from many different middle schools (because of parents work) and so far this one is my favorite all the teachers are so nice and really show a positive influence on the students

Posted May 14, 2006
The administration has been trying for many years to build a consistent, committed faculty and it seems that this goal has yet to be fully realized. The school has a relatively high teacher turn-over rate especially in the general education classes - and sometimes will have to higher former substitute teachers to fill general ed. or reading positions. If you want your child to have the best education possible at Lee, he/she will probably have to become a part of the educational minority there and be accepted into the IB Program or Gifted Program. If not, your child will be in general education classes and will most likely be negatively effected by the large class sizes, lack of individual attention, and consistent behavior distractions that are overwhelming for even the most experienced of teachers.

Posted May 08, 2006
Lee services students from very different socio-economic backgrounds. It is located in the college park area. Typically a general education teacher will teach four regular classes and one advanced class. The regular general ed. classes typically average between 28-35 students and the advanced class is usually the largest gen. ed. class, sometimes averaging over 40 students.

Robert E Lee Middle School 4

Posted May 04, 2006
My daughter has just started at Lee Middle School. The teachers all seem to be on top of things. I have not had any problems contacting or setting up teacher conferences. I do not know about the principal yet!

1201 Maury Road, Orlando, FL  32804
Last modified Robert E Lee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert E Lee Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top