1,034 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I am a current student in the 7th grade. I have 2 honors classes. Algebra 1 Honors and Earth Space Science Honors and I love it. I feel Lee gives opportunity when you give effort. I hadn't had any problems. I know just about all the staff. Last year they awarded two students $50 for being a junior assistant to the principal. I am in IB and I plan to stay in it.

My son is going into his third and final year in Lee's IB program. I recommend it for students who love learning and for parents who want their children to grow friendships with nice kids. He knows every IB student in his grade, and feels comfortable in the school environment. Also, due to a mistake in the guidance office, he was placed in "regular" math his first quarter of 6th grade, and therefor got to know kids outside of IB, which broadened his horizons and has made for a richer experience ever since. I have to hand it to the teachers at Lee, who have an incredible amount of work to do, considering the many classes with different content that they teach, the demands of the online component of parent/student communication (Progressbook), leading student clubs and much more. The teachers I've encountered give their all. My son has had amazing opportunities at Lee. For him to be able to be in the orchestra with the 100% committed, wonderful Mrs. Johnson, and practice his instrument every day during school hours is AMAZINGI I could never afford music lessons five days a week.

Amount of homework: Disagree

IB is tough. There's homework every night, sometimes two hours. I wish they could complete most of the work during the school day and leave room for other activities and family time after school.

Develops character: Neutral

I can't think of a situation where these values were conveyed in a memorable way. I'm not saying the school is failing in this regard, just that I'm not aware of specific efforts.

The school is not in our district but our Son was accepted into the IB program and we made the decision to attend. The IB curriculum does not seem to be any different than any regular class structure. I was told (and read) that the IB program used a different type of teaching practice where students worked independently and in groups. Supposedly, there should be more focus on research and less on information / test taking. I haven't seen anything unique about the IB program here, other than the very small community service requirement. We were told that our son would only be with other IB students as well, which made us happy since the school seems (n general) to have a poor performing student body. They now have a program called "Avid" which is to help more troubled students get straightened out and ready for entrance into IB. Our son's classes are suddenly filled with Avid students, and they are disruptive + unfocused. Our son says there are more advanced IB courses, but we were never informed of that. His math is the same content he learned in 4th grade! He is in 6th, supposedly in adv. courses. He will probably attend 7th grade somewhere else unless something changes quickly.

My son started Lee Middle this year, so we are newbies. I have to say so far we are pleased with the teachers and staff. The initial meet the teachers could of been more informative for newbies- like how lunch time works. Lee is much better than the elementary school we attended last year.

At least the prior principal Tom Pylant is gone he was interested in only the gifted or white kids. Office was rude and hostile. Special Ed department head and teachers were a joke. Let the kids play on the computer all day while they talked on the phone. They would put complaints against teachers for attempting to teach the "spec ed" students and the kids would laugh in your face because they were able to manipulate the system. I don't know if the Spec Ed. Dept. kept the kids dumbed down for financial support, to keep the system desirable, or for some other self serving needs. It was reprehensible. Former employee.

What is the suspension demographics at this school? Anyone interested in knowing? I certainly am. What is the promotion demographics? My child will be bused in from a differnet area and this type of information is of concern to me.

Students and staff alike are wonderful. Great job teachers and administrators!

There are great teachers at Lee Middle, but I question the goal and purpose of those who have an A student in their classes get an F. What is the excuse for the inability to motive - too many students in the class, race, or I get a pay check whether or not they fail. Maybe it is that we need to keep a clear line between the required failure rate and those who pass. Whatever the excuse, no person should be allowed to teach who cannot motivate an A student. For God sake, it doesn't take much.

Last modified Robert E Lee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.