3,339 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

COLONIAL 9th GRADE CENTER IS HORRIBLE!! If your child is not LATINO they are treated like low life second class citizens ESPECIALLY the Boys!!!! I really do not like the office staff- they are so unprofessional and their theories are backwards!! For example- the bus system. We relocated within the school zone and my son started riding a new bus. Every day he arrived at school the driver and security guard kept telling him that he is not allowed to ride the bus and he would be written up if he rides it again. This went on for 3 days before I had to come to the school. The explanation that was given was " Some kids that don't go to the school try to ride the bus to the school." UNDERSTAND that, HOWEVER he has his STUDENT ID!!!!!!!! Instead of checking with me or their records they will just kick you off the bus! Example #2- when my son first started going to the school he was given a bus pass for the incorrect bus- office staff fault. Once again instead of helping him and checking records they just left him there. I was an hour and 45 minutes away so my son had to walk 4 miles home. And the response from the school was "What do you want me to do about it?" And "Oh I just gave him the wrong pass!" What?! No apologies nothing but a "get over it attitude". They treat my son like some thug with a juvenile record. They assume he's always doing something wrong or is in places where he doesn't belong. They need a whole new office staff that actually cares and that's not 95% Latino!

Colonial High School continues to shine! We are so pleased with the level of academic and cultural success. Scores are on the rise and so is the level of commitment and pride. Mr. Martinez, the principal, the administrative team, and staff are committed to being the best and providing our students with an amazing school. Keep up the great work!

I was a teacher from 2001 to 2010,,,wonderful environment...students were great...rarely had a discipline problem..all of teachers were very friendly...

As a 2006 Alumni, I have the best memories of Colonial! I was part of the drama troupe (0592) and participated in everything I could! I took a mix of regular, honors, and AP courses, so I was pretty busy. I feel that Colonial prepared me for the real world... and I am still very proud to be a Grenadier!

i currently attend colonial highschool. I absolutely love this school. it is not as bad as these bad reviews make it seem. they've obviously have had bad experiences at the school. I have all honors classes and the teachers and staff are great! they are only doing their job but if you're on their good side you won't have any problems what so ever. they have great programs to get into. I like that you can go to many teachers to talk to and they are willing to help you become a better student. it all really comes down to how social someone is, who they choose to hang out with, and how they take certain things other students say. overall this school is great! I have no complaints at all.

This school is unlike any other. It may not be in the best area, but the students are so hard working and dedicated to whatever they do. The kids who attend Colonial are seriously underestimated. Colonials extra curricular activities are top notch too! Their theatre department (Troupe 592) has placed in the top 3 for the last 3 years at district competition and have received straight superiors at state competition. Their ROTC program is the largest in the area and receives tons of awards at competitions. Their chorus and band are spectacular too- and they have so much pride with what they do! Colonial High School has wonderful teachers and have never disappointed! It is truly great to be a grenadier!

I will be attending Colonial High School for my third year. I love the school. I strongly disagree with the assumptions of others. The teachers at this school try their best and thrive to make the kids work as hard as possible. I've had outstanding teachers that I still miss till this day. The teachers and administration have always looked at me as their own which I strongly appreciate. The teachers have pushed me to achieve my goals. I love Colonial! Also, we have a new principle, Dr. Prince.. He is an outstanding, hardworking, dedicated principle. The best I've ever had! He has really done an amazing job improving our school.

I'm a proud parent that has two kids. One of whom graduated from colonial high, and is now in college with college credits earned within Colonial's advanced placement classes. During his high school experience, some of these bad reviews may relate. However, colonial had always provided more than an exceptional education for its students. My youngest son currently attend colonial with a GPA over 3.5. There is currently a new principal that has made some changes in the behavioral issues of students. Now colonial high has more devoted/ well behaved students and an exceptional education as well. Colonial is known for its excelling sports team, and overall, this is a school that any student would want to go to. Remember, it's great to be a GRENADIER!!!!!

Good parenting is a key to successful students . Having my children at Colonial is sometimes an issue but overall excellent. They are in the top 10 and I am proud of some of the teachers. Counselors also. Keep up the good work. Some students r lazy

Colonial has always been an upstanding educational institution. Many successful people have graduated from this school: Delta Burke (1974), a former Miss Orlando and a film and television actress; Steve Christmas (1976), Former professional baseball player (Cincinnati Reds, Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs) Mike Metcalfe (1991), Former professional baseball player (Los Angeles Dodgers) ; Joel Pi eiro (1996), Former MLB Pitcher, plays for minor league; Kevin Elliott (2007), current NFL Wide Reciver (Buffalo Bills). I too graduated from this great school in 1979 and am still very proud to be a Colonial Grenadier! You get out of your education what you put into it. The teachers, faculty and staff of this school are excellent and work hard to make our kids successful. So students do your best and you too will be successful. Parents do everything in your power to make sure your child is successful. Stop complaining and pointing the fingers at others..Look at yourself in the mirror and see the truth. GO COLONIAL GRENADIERS!!!

Last modified Colonial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.