Posted September 03, 2014
i currently attend colonial highschool. I absolutely love this school. it is not as bad as these bad reviews make it seem. they've obviously have had bad experiences at the school. I have all honors classes and the teachers and staff are great! they are only doing their job but if you're on their good side you won't have any problems what so ever. they have great programs to get into. I like that you can go to many teachers to talk to and they are willing to help you become a better student. it all really comes down to how social someone is, who they choose to hang out with, and how they take certain things other students say. overall this school is great! I have no complaints at all.

Posted July 17, 2014
This school is unlike any other. It may not be in the best area, but the students are so hard working and dedicated to whatever they do. The kids who attend Colonial are seriously underestimated. Colonials extra curricular activities are top notch too! Their theatre department (Troupe 592) has placed in the top 3 for the last 3 years at district competition and have received straight superiors at state competition. Their ROTC program is the largest in the area and receives tons of awards at competitions. Their chorus and band are spectacular too- and they have so much pride with what they do! Colonial High School has wonderful teachers and have never disappointed! It is truly great to be a grenadier!

Posted July 03, 2014
I will be attending Colonial High School for my third year. I love the school. I strongly disagree with the assumptions of others. The teachers at this school try their best and thrive to make the kids work as hard as possible. I've had outstanding teachers that I still miss till this day. The teachers and administration have always looked at me as their own which I strongly appreciate. The teachers have pushed me to achieve my goals. I love Colonial! Also, we have a new principle, Dr. Prince.. He is an outstanding, hardworking, dedicated principle. The best I've ever had! He has really done an amazing job improving our school.

Colonial High School 4

Posted January 25, 2014
I'm a proud parent that has two kids. One of whom graduated from colonial high, and is now in college with college credits earned within Colonial's advanced placement classes. During his high school experience, some of these bad reviews may relate. However, colonial had always provided more than an exceptional education for its students. My youngest son currently attend colonial with a GPA over 3.5. There is currently a new principal that has made some changes in the behavioral issues of students. Now colonial high has more devoted/ well behaved students and an exceptional education as well. Colonial is known for its excelling sports team, and overall, this is a school that any student would want to go to. Remember, it's great to be a GRENADIER!!!!!

Posted September 26, 2013
Colonial has always been an upstanding educational institution. Many successful people have graduated from this school: Delta Burke (1974), a former Miss Orlando and a film and television actress; Steve Christmas (1976), Former professional baseball player (Cincinnati Reds, Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs) Mike Metcalfe (1991), Former professional baseball player (Los Angeles Dodgers) ; Joel Pi eiro (1996), Former MLB Pitcher, plays for minor league; Kevin Elliott (2007), current NFL Wide Reciver (Buffalo Bills). I too graduated from this great school in 1979 and am still very proud to be a Colonial Grenadier! You get out of your education what you put into it. The teachers, faculty and staff of this school are excellent and work hard to make our kids successful. So students do your best and you too will be successful. Parents do everything in your power to make sure your child is successful. Stop complaining and pointing the fingers at others..Look at yourself in the mirror and see the truth. GO COLONIAL GRENADIERS!!!

Posted August 14, 2013
Colonial isn't a bad school like some people want to put it. Colonial is what we the students make it. Some of the students are unruly but that's not our fault they are its the parents. The way your child acts is upond you. If your child is complaining aof something set yoir foot down and try to find out what's really happening. But over all its a great place to learn things and get your priorities straigh and get ready for the future with great programs like the magnet, A.V.I.D, honors classes, etc. Have a great day! And its GRRRREAT to be a Grenadier!

Colonial High School 1

Posted May 07, 2013
This was my high school. I graduated in '09. CHS has two campuses: a freshman campus and the main campus, for sophomores, juniors and seniors. The 9th great center was good. I have little complaints about it. As for the main campus, there are quite a few. First, the administration is terrible. None of the staff will listen to you and they assume you're guilty until proven innocent. They'll ask you something, and when you try to answer, they'll just say, "I don't wanna hear any excuses!" One of my friends who currently goes there says it's still the same today. There were fights almost every day, and each time there was one, the lunch time would be cut back. The whole school was punished just for two people. Half of the teachers there either have no clue what they're doing or they just don't care. It's just a really bad school, and I'm so glad to be out of there. Too bad I live only a mile away from it.

Posted May 06, 2013
EXCELLENT. STAFF IS AWESOME. PRINCIPAL EXTRAORDINARY. MY DAUGHTER HAS PERFORM GREAT. LOVE THIS SCHOOL. RECOMMEND TO PARENTS.

Posted January 27, 2013
I have one daughter that graduated from CHS and another that will graduate in June. My oldest daughter had many disciplinary problems and Dean Withem and Mr. Border were instrumental in working with her and saw to it that she graduated. My youngest daughter is involved in the AP/Honors program and is taking advantage of the dual enrollment opportunity. The AP program did an excellent job of preparing her for college and she made the Presidents list her 1st semester at Valencia and will attend FSU (as part of their honors program) in the fall. The HTML, Anatomy and Psychology classes were excellent. All the teachers my girls had were wonderful educators. Miss Rummel does an excellent job with Key Club. The Beta club and NHS Society are also awesome opportunity's. Just like with all schools you have nice well-behaved students and not-so-nice not-such-well-behaved students. Overall CHS has been a great school whose staff worked diligently so that my oldest daughter graduated and the courses available would've prepared her for a technical school if she were so inclined and the teachers and staff worked hard to prepare my youngest daughter for college. I would recommend it to anybody.

Colonial High School 1

Posted February 17, 2012
If I was unforntunate enough to move into this school's district I would avoid it at all costs, seeking out any and all charter, private, or home school options. This school is filled with unruly and disrespectful children that are being "raised" by unruly and disrespectful parents. Even the brightest child in this school would have a difficult time feeling safe enough to learn, and even the best teacher (and this school has a lot of exceptional teachers) would have a difficult time controling a class when there are no student consequences for disrupting a class. This school needs a principal with a backbone that will start to hold the parent's responsible for their childrens misbehavior.

Colonial High School
6100 Oleander Drive, Orlando, FL  32807
Last modified Colonial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colonial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 93 reviews. Top