Posted October 06, 2013
My daughter goes to Dr Phillips elementary school And I believe this is one of the best school in Orlando. I like Principle because he is 100% involved in each and every activity that takes place in school. He even direct traffic sometimes by the end of the School. Teachers always coordinate with parents. We have PTA for school and PTA organize AR store just to encourage kids to read. Teachers also have loot boxes in the class to motivate kids for studies. and they always contact parents if needed to let parents know how kids are doing in school. It's a very cool school and exceeded my expectations.

Posted August 22, 2013
I absolutely love Dr. Phillips Elementary School. I moved in the area just to go to this school. It has su ch a great small town close knit feel - something that I grew up with amd am happy that my children get experience as well. The teachers are amazing. We are the only school in Orange County that has its own in-house gifted teachers. I am extremely pleased with this school. The staff there are fantastic as well - so helpful and really get to know you. And the children get very excited when the principal is around. He's like a rockstar at the school. I wouldn't change a thing!

Posted February 08, 2012
We love this school! Our son is flourishing at DPES His teacher is wonderful and does a great job of keeping him stimulated and challenged. The principal is also very involved. My son had golf and it actually slipped my mind and I went to go pick him up after school. The principal saw me and reminded me that it was Friday and that my son had golf. That really made me happy that everyone was looking out for my child.

Dr. Phillips Elementary School 4

Posted January 25, 2012
We have had amazing teachers for our two children -- one in the VPk program and one in kindergarten this year. Both my husband and I are amazed at how much the VPk teacher taught our son so far this year and we are only half way through the year. He came into the program very delayed in his knowledge of numbers and letters and he now has a good grasp. Some of the children are already starting to read. My daughter also was behind in her knowledge of letters and is reading now. The teachers we got had a vested interest in all of the students in their classes. The kindergarten teacher visited the home of every student before the beginning of the school year to read them a story with a puppet to help diminish first day fears. The school does not pay for this but this shows you the dedication and great character of this teacher. With regard to the administration, principal and PTA I have not been so impressed. They are rather cold, occasionally confrontational for no real reason and seem rather useless. This really matters little to me how ever because my children's teachers are their ambassadors at the school and I have 100% trust in them.

Posted November 20, 2011
As a former student, now an IT major at Florida State University, I can accredit this school with giving me a wonderful foundation on which I was able to build my intellectual and social skills as well as providing me with some of the most potent memories I will ever have. Once a Flying Eagle, always a Flying Eagle!

Dr. Phillips Elementary School 1

Posted October 17, 2011
This school is a terrible school. The teachers favor parents who are there 24/7 helping out. For those parents who can't help out as often, their children are second and not even noticed. If you want your child to be in the gifted program, spend 24/7 helping out in the school and you will get it. If your child has a medical condition, the teachers don't care. I could probably name only 3 excellent teachers out of the entire school. Children that need the extra help and have IEPs are treating badly and don't give them any encouragment. Horrible school!

Dr. Phillips Elementary School 1

Posted October 15, 2011
This is the worst school I've ever seen. My poor kids losing their times in there, the teachers don't like to teach, they rather to sit outside and yell them while they're at recess, instead of enjoying being with them, they make the kids feel that they're prisoners. Also there is no principal. He is showing up when there is parents or PTA's meeting, but if you need him or if you need to contact him he disappears right away. You can't even take 15 minutes long appointment from him.

Dr. Phillips Elementary School 3

Posted April 27, 2011
Dr. Phillips Elementrary is a great school but there is many key issues that haven't been addressed. The school is over crowded and parking/pickup for the children is ridiculous. Most the time you have to park on the street and risk getting a ticket to pick up your child. The principal doesn't respond to calls or emails I attempted to speak with him for two months about issues. There are teachers there that shouldn't be teaching at elementrary level, often quite militant and don't smile or interact with the children. Office staff is wonderful and Nancy is amazing.

Dr. Phillips Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2010
well i am suppost to go to this school but i dont know if it will be good

Dr. Phillips Elementary School 0

Posted April 08, 2010
Excellent! We came to Fl. from Co. We were treated wonderfully from the first day! We felt like we were home, our home. The entire staff has been wonderful. Thanks, Ron Emens

Dr. Phillips Elementary School
6909 Doctor Phillips Boulevard, Orlando, FL  32819
Last modified Dr. Phillips Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr. Phillips Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top