PK, 9-12|Public district
3,491 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Dr. Phillips High School 5

Posted April 16, 2016
My daughter is in the CIS Magnet and taking AP classes. It's a tough curriculum but it's preparing her for college and beyond. She's the poster child for "you get what you put in". I'm surprised that DPHS was rated a 5. As a parent, I think it's the best high school in SW Orlando.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 11, 2015
My son's Guidance Counselor, Mrs. Kelly, is fabulous !!! She has gone to great lengths some times to help him. Thank you Mrs. Kelly !

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted December 11, 2015
Most of the teachers my son has had have been very effective. There have been only 2 or 3 that he struggled with.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted December 11, 2015
There are days when it is too much to balance with the other activities of life.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted December 11, 2015
It is the parents job to help their children develop these traits but this school is very supportive.

Develops respect: Agree

Develops empathy: Agree

Develops honesty: Agree

Dr. Phillips High School 5

Posted December 11, 2015
We have had the best experience at DPHS these last 4 years. My son's Guidance Counselor, Mrs. Kelly, is the best !!!!

Dr. Phillips High School 1

Posted November 18, 2015
Administration is so biased its disheartening. This is my first year here and I'm definitely making sure its my last. Never have I felt more emotionally unsafe in a school and this is my 5th highschool. Teachers are so quick to dress code girls for showing a little bit of skin and worry more about that than found their job. Don't be fooled when people say "this is the best highschool in Orlando" I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to have to attend this school. They offer absolutely no help, you're always on your own, emotionally and even with academics. I asked my counselor to switch me out of a class I was struggling with and she refused to even when I brought my mom to a conference. Once I started here, I was offered absolutely no information about those "magnificent" programs everyone talks about even though I'm a sophmore and its my last opportunity to join a magnet. If you love your child, do not make them suffer by sending them here.

6500 Turkey Lake Road, Orlando, FL  32819
Last modified Dr. Phillips High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.