580 students|Orange

Bad
Good

This is an awesome school. Best elementary school that I have been involved with. Teachers collaborate , principal cares, teachers are smart and caring. Wonderful atmosphere to,learn. Librarian and counselor are wonderful caring staff too. Lots of parent involvement whichever benefits the children. Each grade level has iPad carts to use in the classroom. PTA is amazing with all the activities they sponsor.

Of the 16 ratings before mine there are 14 with the highest rating and only two with less than perfect. I think probably the two are suspect, like someone had an individual ax to grind. I don't know of any organization with so many people who wouldn't have at least two disgruntled parents. If they had no one disgruntled that would be a worse indicator.

We LOVED Palm Lake! Our son received an excellent experience with Mrs. Cadiz for his first year of school. The lines of communication were always open and Mrs. Cadiz's emphasis on hands-on learning, respect, responsibility, integrity, and teamwork was really something special. We moved and miss Palm Lake and everything it had to offer. We were completely spoiled by our experience! The staff was always friendly, but firm and we knew our child was safe at all times. Parent involvement in the classroom was one of the most important factors for us and we were pleased that we were able to be involved almost daily. Palm Lake is an excellent choice for your child! Thank you Palm Lake and Mrs. Cadiz for setting the standard :)

The teachers are wonderful, the principal and guidance staff are first rate! The whole school has been renovated and the equipment is amazing. Now they could use some new books for the library and new playgrounds.

The teachers here are very hit and miss, some are good, some are terrible. Although my son did well, it was despite the teachers he had in the last two years. Some weeding out is required for the school to run at optimum performance.

As a parent of a first grader, I am so very thrilled with the quality of education provided! The staff is a dedicated group of professionals who work very hard to ensure that each child learns on his/her own level. There is a lot of parent involvement, and parents are welcome to all events - class parties, field trips, working in the classroom, etc. I would recommend this school to anyone!

We moved to Orlando in Spring of 1999 and my 1st child started 1st grade during the last 6 weeks of school. He had a incredible experience from the 1st hour feeling like he had started Kindergarten at Palm Lake. The Teachers are incredible as well as the Administrators. Palm Lake has at least 75 % parent involvement in the classroom and PTA activities. Unlimited volunteer opportunities and each child receives a top-knoch experience educational and socially. It could not be any better. My youngest child has 3 more years at Palm Lake and I can honestly say this has been the best 9 years for my children.

Palm Lake Elementary School is the best! We moved to Orlando in 2004 when my rising 5th grader waqs in his last 9 weeks of kindergarten. He cried every day when he arrived home from school in Alpharetta, GA and his teacher had told us he was a 'slow reader' and placed him in a special class. We shared this with our new teacher, Darcy Schalk (the greatest KG teacher-ever!) and waited for her testing results. Three days later she told us she could not understand why he would need help with his reading as he was reading on grade level, and furthermore, his math skills were above grade level. What a surprise! He is reading on a 6th grade level these days and we owe his love of learning to the wonderful teachers at this school.

Palm Lake Elementary is an excellent school. We initially enrolled my daughter in Central Florida Prep., but she hated it and dreaded going. She would cry everyday. However, from the first day at Palm Lake she was a new kid. She loved it and has never had a problem. She is excelling and having the time of her life. Like many parents, I chaperone the field trips for her class and volunteer at the events. It seems everyone (parents, teachers, PTA and administration) is dedicated to making the childrens' experiences and education top notch. My wife and I are very pleased and haved ruled out moving into another school district.

Last modified Palm Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.